Edmunds Signed.

10 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

The last time I got excited over a Bills LB was way back with London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes ... until now that is.

I thought Poz may have been a first round talent we got in the second round.  After 2 years (took a while due to missed games with injury) I realized he was JAG with limitations.  He is adequate in some schemes or below average for a 3 down LB.

London Fletcher in his time in Buffalo (as I may have been wrong) seemed like a slightly above 3 down LB.  Takeo Spikes never regained HOF skills and impact after the Achilles injury. 

Side note and question..........has anyone really recovered from an Achilles and been as good as they were before?  Arguable, but, almost never.  Spikes with the Achilles was a shame for him and us.  

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This guy could be like Sam Cowart 2.0. Can’t wait.

Minus the knee injury, that was a shame to see his play drop off so much after that, had high hopes for him.

let's hope we have the next Bennett.

How many players do we have left to sign?

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I hope in the next CBA they keep the rookie wage scale the same.  Jamarcus Russel held out until September and then got a 68 million dollar contract with 31.5 million guaranteed.  I love the idea of proving yourself in order to earn your next contract.

There is no way the teams will let it go back to the old days. No doubt they will change it a bit, maybe having more variation based on position, and maybe some more flexibility outside of headline numbers, but there is no way the league and teams will let it go back to the old way of doing it.

20 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If I had to design the physical prototype of the modern LB it would be Tremaine Edmunds. He has the potential to be prime Jamie Collins 2.0, just an absolute unicorn in terms of size/speed/strength. 

I like the comp but rather say Julian Peterson.  

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I still wear my poz jersey. It’s the last one I bought 

I still wear my Paup and Thomas jersey. I'm very close to getting a McCoy and White jersey. I need to get a Bills jersey with Meatball on the name plate as well. 

QB of the defense for the next decade, while also getting the offensive QB of the future in same draft. Bravo to this staff, the foundation is being layed for something special fellas!

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Happy to have him on board!!!

I read a couple news blurbs on this & both mentioned 4 year contract with no mention of year 5. Anyone know if the contract does include that 5th "option" year?

Yes, every first rder is signed for 4 years with a 5th year Team option.

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He was a complete monster who probably would have been one of the best LBs in the league for 10 years if he stayed healthy. That’s what I mean. 

I agree, Cowart and Mould are two player who could've been in the top 3 at their positions if things played out differently. Moulds with Peyton would've been very scary.