Edmunds Signed.

Does anyone really care? Since the last agreement with the players apart from very rare occasions like Bosa all drafted players sign pretty quickly and the deal is basically a formality because the terms are so rigid. I know it's the off season but is it really newsworthy unless a player DOESN'T sign

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No one had posted anything about any of the Bills signings in that thread when I posted this. I put this out before 26 added his. 

I thought that was discussion.  When Edmunds and Allen signs, that’s threadworthy to me. 

If not, a mod can merge. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This guy could be like Sam Cowart 2.0. Can’t wait.

Loved Sam but Edmunds is a freak of nature.  If he's coached up and plays up to his potential then the sky is the limit.  Reminds me of LaVar Arrington but hopefully he can stay healthier.

Wow. If you're an older Bills fan, you view signing the first rounder so quickly with amazement.

In the old days, #1 draft picks were a hard chase for Ralph to sign. They'd bicker for more money, they'd flee to the CFL or USFL (Jim Kelly). Negotiations would drag into the summer. Some players were real pricks.

I like the new unwritten rules: draft picks sign in inverse order of their selection, making X percent more than the person selected after them.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, boater said:

Wow. If you're an older Bills fan, you view signing the first rounder so quickly with amazement.

In the old days, #1 draft picks were a hard chase for Ralph to sign. They'd bicker for more money, they'd flee to the CFL or USFL (Jim Kelly). Negotiations would drag into the summer. Some players were real pricks.

I like the new unwritten rules: draft picks sign in inverse order of their selection, making X percent more than the person selected after them.

Not to pick nits with ya, but it is written rule in the CBA.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Loved Sam but Edmunds is a freak of nature.  If he's coached up and plays up to his potential then the sky is the limit.  Reminds me of LaVar Arrington but hopefully he can stay healthier.

I remember Sam's last series in the game against Tampa.  1st down sack Sam.  2nd down sack Sam.  3rd down sack Sam- he got hurt on play- career over.  That is what I remember went down.  Any confirmation?

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I remember Sam's last series in the game against Tampa.  1st down sack Sam.  2nd down sack Sam.  3rd down sack Sam- he got hurt on play- career over.  That is what I remember went down.  Any confirmation?

All I know is when I saw Sam cowart play I thought future hof

then he got hurt

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

No one had posted anything about any of the Bills signings in that thread when I posted this. I put this out before 26 added his. 

I thought that was discussion.  When Edmunds and Allen signs, that’s threadworthy to me. 

If not, a mod can merge. 

Apologies.  

I hope in the next CBA they keep the rookie wage scale the same.  Jamarcus Russel held out until September and then got a 68 million dollar contract with 31.5 million guaranteed.  I love the idea of proving yourself in order to earn your next contract.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If I had to design the physical prototype of the modern LB it would be Tremaine Edmunds. He has the potential to be prime Jamie Collins 2.0, just an absolute unicorn in terms of size/speed/strength. 

One might also say something similar about the physical prototype of the modern QB being Allen...

• Like (+1) 2