John Ledyard on with Schopp & Sal today

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Well, his analysis for Cardale Jones was spot on:

Cardale Jones, Buffalo Bills – 4th (139)

My No. 3 quarterback in the draft with a second round grade, Jones was a great value selection by the Bills in the fourth round, and should fit their offense well. I think he’ll be given the opportunity to compete with Tyrod Taylor for the starting spot, and has the electric arm and underrated smarts to succeed earlier than many expect. I’m not sure he’s worse than Taylor, but the Bills may ultimately feel more comfortable with the incumbent – for now.

Year One Impact: Will push for starting spot

For more interesting analysis -

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/05/23/2016-nfl-draft-review-quarterbacks/

He was wrong on practically every QB.  I wish he had an undraftable grade on Allen but I'll take a 3rd rd grade from this Anti-Nostradamus.  Since he was off so much on the class of 2016, I'm expecting Allen to be Super Bowl MVP within 3 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He had Tremaine Edmunds going as a Tier 3 guy end of 1st round beginning of 2nd.

I guess the Bill's are doomed!  LOL

I think there is a good chance we got the best offensive and defensive players in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

I think there is a good chance we got the best offensive and defensive players in the draft.

My thoughts pre draft (which technically don't amount to a hill of beans) was that Edmunds would be exactly what McDermott wanted

in a LB.  I'm glad he got his guy.  He could really be something special.

The QB's all had so many pluses and minuses that I only hoped Beane picked a good one.

He picked Allen and I got to admit I like the young man's story.  If he can reach somewhere near his ceiling you could be right.

Wouldn't that be a pleasant change for the Bills!

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Well, his analysis for Cardale Jones was spot on:

Cardale Jones, Buffalo Bills – 4th (139)

My No. 3 quarterback in the draft with a second round grade, Jones was a great value selection by the Bills in the fourth round, and should fit their offense well. I think he’ll be given the opportunity to compete with Tyrod Taylor for the starting spot, and has the electric arm and underrated smarts to succeed earlier than many expect. I’m not sure he’s worse than Taylor, but the Bills may ultimately feel more comfortable with the incumbent – for now.

Year One Impact: Will push for starting spot

For more interesting analysis -

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/05/23/2016-nfl-draft-review-quarterbacks/

Year 2 impact........traded for a bag of deflated footballs ;)

This guy is a clown and Scoop and Dogpoop are trying too hard ;)

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Just another guy trying to be proven right about Allen he fits with dope and bullish&ts antibills antics 

Ledyard is a SOLID analyst. His job isn’t to reassure you on your teams draft pick; it’s to give his honest opinion. It was all professional criticism.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He ever play the position? Cause Miller,Esiason, and Simms all did professionally 

I trust the opinions of those former NFL QBs who've all spent over a decade in the league, than I do a professional stat geek who've I've never heard of until today. Oh yeah, I also trust Beane and McDermott over him too.

35 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He ever play the position? Cause Miller,Esiason, and Simms all did professionally 

....he’s a draft analyst. He analyzes draft picks. That’s his job. People pay him to do that. He has opinions. That’s ok. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

5-11 Dan Orlovsky on One Bills Live (15:17)

Dan Orlovsky has been rather critical of Allen as well. 

It's one thing to be critical, to say here are the flaws, here's what this guy needs to work on, I don't see him as the #1 pick or even a top 5 pick in the draft.

I've seen a lot of people who are respectful and knowledgeable including Dan Orlovsky, say that.

It's another thing to say he's a "third round type project".  Though on this message board...

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

5-11 Dan Orlovsky on One Bills Live (15:17)

Dan Orlovsky has been rather critical of Allen as well. 

"My #1 (concern about Allen) was just that I thought he consistently showed on tape struggling to process what was going on. Almost like he had no plan at the line of scrimmage and simple stuff that defenses were doing to him. Whether it was a one linebacker blitz against the protection he seems surprised by it. And I just know that that is something that is really difficult to understand and take to the next level when you get to the NFL because it only becomes more detailed, more complicated, more disguised. So I think that's going to be a big hurdle for him to jump."

I didn't see this on 2017 tape and find it hard to believe that this is the case considering the reports that teams were impressed with his chalkboard explanations and recall. I wonder what Orlovsky is referring to specifically. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Those of us who did not want Allen viewed him as a 2nd or 3rd round project. I still do, though I understand the QB premium. And I have to admit I was bitter that they passed on Rosen for him, especially burning draft capital to trade up to get him. And I understand the born-again Allen lovers now because after all he's a Bill! But I'm prepared to be wrong, and truly hope to see this guy be great. That said, everybody else should be not shocked to see him fail. Because it's not clear which way it's going to go. I hope for the best. I want this team to win and be live every January. 

This is my whole entire stance with Allen, I pray to God that I'm wrong. I would love to be wrong... for the Bills front office, pray that I'm wrong on Allen

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

This dude John is a beast! Even my boy Sal tried to set him up with some good questions & Mr. Ledyard had answer after answer... on the state of the Bills

Check it out...

05-11 Jon Ledyard on Schopp and the Bulldog - http://www.wgr550.com/media/podcast/schopp-and-bulldog

Ledyard is very good...His Locked On NFL Draft Podcast is my favorite of all the Draft Podcasts...I try to listen to every one during Draft season...

He's really sharp...I've heard him talk a lot about the Buffalo market...He's been on WGR a ton this off season, and he found out quick Bills fans will come at him if he's less than prepared ( I think it had to do with Groy)...:lol: 

He's crazy prepared though usually...He was born to do what he's doing for sure...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really?  Who would those many and most be who had Allen as a 3rd round type project?

Names and work association please.

Your asking a poster to literally dig up this information... that's crazy. 

Shoot your better off clicking on my profile, I've started threads all throughout this draft process, with links on a ton of WGR interviews with guy's that had Allen projected as a 3rd rd pick. Like your crazy thread says(that you locked & won't allow anyone to comment on)... "use the search engine" I'm quite sure you'll find what your looking for sir

• Haha (+1) 1

How long has Ledyard been a GM? Director of college scouting? How many winning teams has he fielded himself in the NFL?

His opinion means jack **** to me. 

When the whistle blows on noon Sunday in the fall, we’ll see who’s right or wrong.

I for one am betting on Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott...not some Slapdick wanna be analyst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Your asking a poster to literally dig up this information... that's crazy.

Horseradish. 

Fadingpain made the statement " Many, if not most, "expert draft analysts" had him as a 3rd round type project. "

If he knows that, he should already have the information and be able to "stand and deliver": who are these "many expert draft analysts" who proclaimed Allen a 3rd round type project?   Otherwise it's just blowing smoke. 

As a general principle of argument, if you make a sweeping, inclusive statement, be prepared to back it up when asked, not instruct everyone else to do your research project for you.

Ledyard didn't suddenly formulate his opinion on Allen after the Bills drafted him.  His critiques are legitimate and backed up by Orlovsky and others even if those who want ensconce Allen in a safe place don't want to admit he needs work in the very areas that Ledyard speaks of.