John Ledyard on with Schopp & Sal today

This dude John is a beast! Even my boy Sal tried to set him up with some good questions & Mr. Ledyard had answer after answer... on the state of the Bills

Check it out...

05-11 Jon Ledyard on Schopp and the Bulldog - http://www.wgr550.com/media/podcast/schopp-and-bulldog

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 things that sticks out...

He had Allen as a 3rd rd grade... wow

Then us not getting weapons around Allen. I want to see Allen succeed but I was thinking the same thing... how can he without any legitimate weapons. I love Benjamin but I've lost faith in Zay cause he had alot of drops last year. 

After today, & I could be reading too much in it, but I think they are gearing up for Allen to start day 1... especially with the 1-on-1 treatment he was getting today. 

Edited by WPBillsFan

Ledyard on Allen:

He had 3rd round grade on him.  Talent/athleticism is awesome, but at end of day decision making/accuracy are issues.

Is it possible to develop the talent?  Yes, but difficult.

Just now, WPBillsFan said:

Then the us not getting weapons around Allen. I want to see Allen succeed but I was thinking the same thing... how can he without any legitimate weapons. I love Benjamin but I've lost faith in Zay cause he had alot of drops last year. 

After today, & I could be reading too much in it, but I think they are gearing up for Allen to start day 1... especially with the 1-on-1 treatment he was getting today. 

When you look at top ten picks for the last decade it would be a surprise to see him sit at all and a shock if he sat for any noteworthy stretch 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WPBillsFan said:

Then us not getting weapons around Allen. I want to see Allen succeed but I was thinking the same thing... how can he without any legitimate weapons. I love Benjamin but I've lost faith in Zay cause he had alot of drops last year. 

Many, if not most, "expert draft analysts" had him as a 3rd round type project.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

According to Charlie Cassey, Daniel Jeremiah, Matt Miller, and others Allen was no worse than the 3rd-best QB in this year's draft.  But for "draft twitter" or the "little draft" community (non NFL or non ESPN & NFL Network), like NDT scouting, he was no higher than 5th behind Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, and Jackson (generally in that order).

Ledyard was actually more complimentary and bullish of Allen in this WGR interview than in his draft review of the Bills (and the AFC East).  He absolutely excoriates the Bills and their decision to not only draft Allen but to trade UP to do it, while passing on Rosen.  He defines it as a franchise-altering move in the absolute worst way (for the record, the Bills are the first team they talk about):

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/locked-on-nfl-2/locked-on-nfl-draft/e/54394834

Edited by Midwest1981

Well, his analysis for Cardale Jones was spot on:

Cardale Jones, Buffalo Bills – 4th (139)

My No. 3 quarterback in the draft with a second round grade, Jones was a great value selection by the Bills in the fourth round, and should fit their offense well. I think he’ll be given the opportunity to compete with Tyrod Taylor for the starting spot, and has the electric arm and underrated smarts to succeed earlier than many expect. I’m not sure he’s worse than Taylor, but the Bills may ultimately feel more comfortable with the incumbent – for now.

Year One Impact: Will push for starting spot

For more interesting analysis -

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/05/23/2016-nfl-draft-review-quarterbacks/

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 17

48 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Many, if not most, "expert draft analysts" had him as a 3rd round type project.

wow peoples are still mad...as a casual draft watcher i don't think i saw one time

him out of the first round, i thought their best option was to go bpa early

and with lamar jackson late. However I'm thrilled with Allen, mostly because

I'm behind a management team 100% who gets a bills team led by tt to their

first playoff win in forever. I hope they hit a home run.

I almost forgot who the heck is john ledyard

Edited by Albwan

I thought he came off a real tool.   I rarely agree with Schoop but his stance on predicting how these qb's pan out if how i feel.  There are so many variables that go in developing a qb and if any of them go wrong the whole process could fail.  Now with that said. Lets start with pick 20 and look at all the players drafted until round 3 .  I am not sure there are many is any players who have the upside of Allen. Considering the value of the position and the fact that you would be passing on guards , receivers and number 2 corners there is no way Allen is a third round player.   

Those of us who did not want Allen viewed him as a 2nd or 3rd round project. I still do, though I understand the QB premium. And I have to admit I was bitter that they passed on Rosen for him, especially burning draft capital to trade up to get him. And I understand the born-again Allen lovers now because after all he's a Bill! But I'm prepared to be wrong, and truly hope to see this guy be great. That said, everybody else should be not shocked to see him fail. Because it's not clear which way it's going to go. I hope for the best. I want this team to win and be live every January. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He had Tremaine Edmunds going as a Tier 3 guy end of 1st round beginning of 2nd.

I guess the Bill's are doomed!  LOL

I thought it interesting how he waffled at the end of his interview just in case he was wrong......

Newsflash Ledlard.....ALL players are drafted on potential.  QBs are no different.

Yeah, I seriously have never heard of this guy before. I think his opinion is waaaaay out there regarding Josh Allen.

I'd rather go with Boomer Esiason's and Phil Simms' opinions that Josh Allen was the best QB in this draft class who warranted the 1st overall selection to the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

2 biggest needs in the team were Qb and Mike.  They got 2 freak athletes with infinite potential.  They got 2 guys with the best chance to be a hall of famer at either position.  They hit on Allen and Edmunds Buffalo is a perenial comtender.  Will they? Time will tell.  Daboll building Allen, and Mcdermott building Edmunds.  Lets see how it turns out.  Imo both start week 1.  Both do better than many think.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He had Tremaine Edmunds going as a Tier 3 guy end of 1st round beginning of 2nd.

I guess the Bill's are doomed!  LOL

You don’t get any notoriety being sensible. You have to be outrageous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1