Bills need to contact dez

7 hours ago, Bocephuz said:

https://buildingherd.com/2018/05/10/dez-bryant-buffalo-bills-dallas-cowboys/

Dez or Maclin.. if you had to choose one who?

Great topic.  With summer coming, the draft is over, mini camp about to start, it's easy to forget we need a WR.  So thankful you brought up these two options because Bills fans have been sleeping on these two.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

As believable as Dunkirk Don was 

I wasn't around for Dunkirk Dan but he sounds legendary.  But back to reality.  I guess Dez would be similar to the TO signing...it  would be exciting at first because of the name power and what he once was in Dallas...but I tend to agree with most posters that he would probably be more hype while not being the type of player McBeane Inc would want.

Edited by Magnum Force

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Applying Occam's razor to Dez's situation, there's a reason why he was cut from Dallas and is still not signed yet.  

How about Kaepernick as a back up and Reid?

I don't think Ocean's razor really applies to the NFL.

Arguably the greatest receiver ever was traded for almost nothing.

6 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Hey bills fans I hope all is well 

roomie mini camp has started and it’s nice seeing the future in bills colors 

But I must say that I think the WR position is what the bills should really focus on ATM  I look at who we have and don’t get me wrong I see so much potential! The that’s all not - not many very proven players. Which doesn’t bother me too much but I feel we need to add a serious threat! 

That threat should be Dez Bryant ! 

He still a play maker regardless of what the “experts” are saying. You add dez and and he instantly becomes our number 1 receiver and not only that he will help whoever the bills decide to start for them week one !

My projected WRs we keep this year (saying we sign dez) 

1.dez

2.KB

3.zay

4.kerley

5.Strearee

6.foster (wild card) 

also I see them keeping 

mccloud and proehl as special teams 

Let me know what you guys think 

GO BILLS !

There is a high chance that he comes here and becomes more of a distraction than a playmaker.  He won't get the targets he's looking for here.  I don't see the relationship working out well at all.  

They have tons of cap next year and all of their draft picks, I'd expect them to go all in on weapons for Allen next year.

40 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I say play the waiting game,more WR's will be released before TC's  open up.Patience.....

Im not saying we should sign him.

I thought The OPs original question was which WR would you rather have Dez or Maclin

Id rather have Dez in that situation 

Edited by Buffalo716

Ideally I'd prefer the prototype of a Maclin sort of receiver because he'd be able to stretch the field and possibly get more separation but Dez is a baller.  And the sort of passer that Allen is he'd have two guys in Dez and Benjamin who would be perfect for him because these guys make catches even when they are tightly covered.

Give me Dez

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

Ideally I'd prefer the prototype of a Maclin sort of receiver because he'd be able to stretch the field and possibly get more separation but Dez is a baller.  And the sort of passer that Allen is he'd have two guys in Dez and Benjamin who would be perfect for him because these guys make catches even when they are tightly covered.

Give me Dez

Yep. Dez would be the best thing that could happen to our running game, as well as Josh (who I think starts right away).

11 hours ago, Bocephuz said:

https://buildingherd.com/2018/05/10/dez-bryant-buffalo-bills-dallas-cowboys/

Dez or Maclin.. if you had to choose one who?

Maclin. If I want a WR who is old, slow and can't contribute, I want the cheapest one.

9 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Luke Joeckel can

Not on a NFL field he can't

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dez would help the Bills because they are awful at WR. 

So he would fit in nicely by being more of the same?

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, THE SLAMMER said:

The guy needs to lower his asking price WHICH won't happen

This is a 3 mil per season WR now

He won't even get the league minimum. His disruptive diva attitude is well known throughout the NFL. Sean's not dealing with him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Maclin. If I want a WR who is old, slow and can't contribute, I want the cheapest one.

Not on a NFL field he can't

So he would fit in nicely by being more of the same?

That’s kind of the point. Dez is nowhere near the player that he was. He’s somewhere between a 2 and 4 now with attitude issues. He’d be near the top of the Bills depth chart because of the lack of talent. In Atlanta he’d be 4th or 5th. It just depends on the roster.

Edited by Kirby Jackson