Panthers' New Owner is Hedge Fund Manager David Tepper - Sale Price is $2.275B

4 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

2.2 Billion huh?  I wonder where that puts our franchise value wise.  I think Pegula will end up looking back and saying he got this team at a bargain.  I know Carolina is a different market and that has it's effect, but this is 1 out of only 32 opportunities in the world.   I am so glad he bought this team.    We could be protesting outside Bon Jovi's place right now as the Toronto Bills prepare for the season.   

The Carolina's are still considered growing in terms of economy and population (which surprises me) so that helps with the value appreciation.  If the NFL starts looking at relocation as no holds barred then the Bills, Browns, Bengals, etc. would be worth as much if not more if those franchises could be moved to Toronto, London, Berlin, Tokyo, etc..

Just now, RochesterRob said:

The Carolina's are still considered growing in terms of economy and population (which surprises me) so that helps with the value appreciation.  If the NFL starts looking at relocation as no holds barred then the Bills, Browns, Bengals, etc. would be worth as much if not more if those franchises could be moved to Toronto, London, Berlin, Tokyo, etc..

I'm just glad we got an owner who is interested in bringing a championship here to Buffalo and not relocating the team.  i still think the London Jaguars are not out of the question yet. 

it's interesting they even considered the south carolina guy as he was trying to get everyone in on his bid.  A friend of mine's Father was even called by a guy asking if he'd be in for 20 mil. Apparently they were just calling local financial advisors and seeing if the wealthy clients would be in. 

On 5/12/2018 at 6:28 AM, eball said:

So does anyone know if Tepper is committed to keeping the team in Charlotte?

I can't imagine he's not. I read an article that said that he is "the frontrunner, but not the high bidder".... Makes me think Mr. Richardson is picking him for a reason.....

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

I can't imagine he's not. I read an article that said that he is "the frontrunner, but not the high bidder".... Makes me think Mr. Richardson is picking him for a reason.....

staying in charlotte and no new stadium for the time being. 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Well...

Tepper once called Donald Trump a "demented, narcissistic scumbag", so...

At least we know he has good judgement!  

?

I'll show myself out...

I wonder if he gets team will he instruct all players to kneel with asses facing New Moscow.

Remember when Terry Pegula was an idiot for paying $1.4 billion? 

EDIT: before anyone has to point out it’s a bigger market and a better stadium, look at the prices for the Panthers, the Clippers, etc and see which way the arrow is pointing. Your average billionaire is smarter than the average bear. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Panthers' New Owner is Hedge Fund Manager David Tepper - Sale Price is $2.275B
On 5/15/2018 at 8:53 AM, Soda Popinski said:

2.2 Billion huh?  I wonder where that puts our franchise value wise.  I think Pegula will end up looking back and saying he got this team at a bargain.  I know Carolina is a different market and that has it's effect, but this is 1 out of only 32 opportunities in the world.   I am so glad he bought this team.    We could be protesting outside Bon Jovi's place right now as the Toronto Bills prepare for the season.   

At the end of the day, god bless Ralph Wilson for keeping the team in Buffalo. It was his wish that the franchise did not move.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

I thought P. Diddy was going to buy them with Steph Curry and Kaepernik?

giphy.gif

Collectively, they were probably $2.1 billion short. Close though!

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Remember when Terry Pegula was an idiot for paying $1.4 billion? 

EDIT: before anyone has to point out it’s a bigger market and a better stadium, look at the prices for the Panthers, the Clippers, etc and see which way the arrow is pointing. Your average billionaire is smarter than the average bear. 

I can’t believe an NBA team went for more that what Pegula paid. The NBA? BOORING!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1