Panthers' New Owner is Hedge Fund Manager David Tepper - Sale Price is $2.275B

David Tepper Emerging as Favorite to Buy Panthers

Might the Carolina Panthers have a new owner before Memorial Day?

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has zeroed in on hedge fund manager David Tepper as the best candidate to buy the team, according to multiple sources.

Having crossed paths with Mr Tepper during my professional career,  my opinion is that he is a not a man of high character.  LOTS of money, but lacks character.  Still, that won't disqualify him from owning the Panthers, as he is not convicted or accused in the newspapers.   (that will come later)

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Having crossed paths with Mr Tepper during my professional career,  my opinion is that he is a not a man of high character.  LOTS of money, but lacks character.  Still, that won't disqualify him from owning the Panthers, as he is not convicted or accused in the newspapers.   (that will come later)

Sounds like he'll fit right in.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

K

5 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Why even post it if you aren’t going to actually share 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bill Polian: ‘Approval should move pretty quickly’ on David Tepper’s purchase of Panthers

Former NFL executive Bill Polian sees the logic in David Tepper being the likely candidate to become the next owner of the Carolina Panthers, for whom Polian formerly served as general manager.

Tepper reportedly is close to a deal to purchase the Panthers from Jerry Richardson.

15 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

By virtue of his business, vulture investors cant have high characters.  

21 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

LOTS of money, but lacks character.  Still, that won't disqualify him from owning the Panthers, as he is not convicted or accused in the newspapers.

Given enough money, lack of character doesn't seem to disqualify people from doing much of anything these days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tepper Expected to Become Next Panthers Owner

The sale of the Carolina Panthers to hedge fund manager David Tepper is expected to be executed soon.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the sale of the Panthers from Jerry Richardson to Tepper is moving along and a deal could get done Tuesday, per sources informed of the process.

According to Rapoport, an agreement is expected to happen which would allow for a vote on the sale by NFL owners at the Spring League Meeting in Atlanta, May 21-23.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, bigK14094 said:

what are newspapers?

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Panthers Zeroing in on Hedge Fund Manager David Tepper as New Owner - Expected Price is $2.2B

2.2 Billion huh?  I wonder where that puts our franchise value wise.  I think Pegula will end up looking back and saying he got this team at a bargain.  I know Carolina is a different market and that has it's effect, but this is 1 out of only 32 opportunities in the world.   I am so glad he bought this team.    We could be protesting outside Bon Jovi's place right now as the Toronto Bills prepare for the season.   

• Like (+1) 3

Nice reading the news about this and Trump is to blame for Bob Jovi and Tepper not being able to buy the Bills.  SI.com, USA Today, articles I've seen love to get that fake news hit.

The weather down here r3ceviing this is straight fear. Everyone thinks the team will be moved.