Nashville to host 2019 NFL Draft

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s one of the first things you see when you walk in. There is an exhibit dedicated to SNF and a case displaying her dress/shoes/jewelry that she wore for the intro. I don’t know if they change it every year but there was no mention of Faith Hill who was the original intro. 

That just sounds odd.

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I like the idea of changing the location each year.  Hearing Goodell booed in different cities year after year always brings a smile to my face.  I'd like them to go to smaller markets with a solid fan base get to host the draft (here, Green Bay, Kansas City).  

Green bay can't handle the volume of visitors.   Theybcan watch it on TV at the ba.

6 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

They have to wait to host it in Vegas, bacause when they do, it will never be held anywhere else. 

I have a feeling it will move permanently to LA once the palace is in place that the Rams are building (and Chargers are renting). I think they are going to move both the Combine and Draft there. And will host a ton of SBs. They already have a studio going in there for NFLN. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a feeling it will move permanently to LA once the palace is in place that the Rams are building (and Chargers are renting). I think they are going to move both the Combine and Draft there. And will host a ton of SBs. They already have a studio going in there for NFLN. 

Unfortunately for LA, they can't even come close to Vegas in entertainment and hosting giant events. Even the MWC, PAC 12, WAC, and WCC all host their conference basketball tournaments in Vegas. LA is just another New York, but nothing compares to Vegas. LA will be good for corporate offices, but Las Vegas will be the primary entertainment spot. People don't usually don't make plans to travel across the country to visit LA, unless they are taking their kids to disneyland, but they do for Vegas. I guarantee Las Vegas will be a bigger draw than anything LA would hope to do.

12 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Unfortunately for LA, they can't even come close to Vegas in entertainment and hosting giant events. Even the MWC, PAC 12, WAC, and WCC all host their conference basketball tournaments in Vegas. LA is just another New York, but nothing compares to Vegas. LA will be good for corporate offices, but Las Vegas will be the primary entertainment spot. People don't usually don't make plans to travel across the country to visit LA, unless they are taking their kids to disneyland, but they do for Vegas. I guarantee Las Vegas will be a bigger draw than anything LA would hope to do.

I don’t doubt that, I just think from what i heard the nfl wants to utilize it in that way. No one ever accused them of being smart.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:20 PM, Augie said:

Here’s the thing that surprised me.....you can do the town and love it without ever doing country. I hate country! I love Nashville. 

Nashville has gotten very hot as a destination- it’s replaced New Orleans for a lot of people looking to hit the southeast without doing a beach 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Nashville has gotten very hot as a destination- it’s replaced New Orleans for a lot of people looking to hit the southeast without doing a beach 

I think it’s currently a FANTASTIC city! It’s walkable and has a variety of  “options”.  I started to list them all, and it got too long and deleted. If you think Nashville = country music, you're missing most of the picture. Who knew there was a Bachelorette Party Capital of the country? 

I worry about traffic in coming years, but the people who don’t like it now don’t live near me in Atlanta! 

We recently listed a 3BR 2 bath condo there about a mile south of Vanderbilt and Belmont (and just west of Lipscomb). I love the area so much I almost hope it takes a while to sell.  

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think it’s currently a FANTASTIC city! It’s walkable and has a variety of  “options”.  I started to list them all, and it got too long and deleted. If you think Nashville = country music, you're missing most of the picture. Who knew there was a Bachelorette Party Capital of the country? 

I worry about traffic in coming years, but the people who don’t like it now don’t live near me in Atlanta! 

We recently listed a 3BR 2 bath condo there about a mile south of Vanderbilt and Belmont (and just west of Lipscomb). I love the area so much I almost hope it takes a while to sell.  

Bleh. Overrated 

it is all country music. Please tell me the great rock clubs of Nashville, because no one in the city could point me to one within 3 miles of Broadway near the Bridgestone. 

Traffic is a major problem, with no chance of getting better due to infrastructure issues, and over population. 

Weather sucks in the summer. No water, unless you call that dirty river an attraction.  I guess they created some man made lakes, so you got that. 

Sorry, not a fan. 

Edited by Sanners

I'm laughing at some of the posts mocking country music.  Even todays country artists are head and shoulders above some of the other crap out there currently...rap, rock(if that is what you want to call it), pop, alternative, etc...

11 hours ago, Sanners said:

Bleh. Overrated 

it is all country music. Please tell me the great rock clubs of Nashville, because no one in the city could point me to one within 3 miles of Broadway near the Bridgestone. 

Traffic is a major problem, with no chance of getting better due to infrastructure issues, and over population. 

Weather sucks in the summer. No water, unless you call that dirty river an attraction.  I guess they created some man made lakes, so you got that. 

Sorry, not a fan. 

As I tell my boys, you’re entitled to your opinion. (You can’t always be right.  ?

But seriously, if you’re judging a city by it’s “rock clubs”, we have different opinions on what’s important. The Gulch is a great area within walking distance of Bridgestone with great restaurants and bars, etc. It’s also a college town with Vanderbilt, Belmont and Lipscomb all close together plus a few others. I tend to like the cool stuff that comes with college towns. The Titans stadium with the pedestrian bridge into downtown is cool, plus Bridgestone and the Ryman have countless great events. The 12 South area and parts of east Nashville have some cool stuff, too.  It’s also a surprisingly significant medical hub and there is a TON of wealth in the area. 

But I agree, traffic and congestion is going to be a major factor in the future. So you should all stay away! Fewer cars is a good thing! 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

If you want to grow your fanbase. Take events like this elswhere out of football markets. Same with preseason games. 

Absolutely.

If the NFL wants to do something for the fans. Put all preseason games at neutral sights. Then season ticket holders won't be paying the same price for meaningless preseason games as they do for regular season games.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Favorite no more.   (am I too late?)

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/nashville-lands-2019-nfl-draft/443545

Report: Nashville lands 2019 NFL Draft

Odd that they would report this before the official announcement. If true, that is good to know.

I'll still wait for the announcement from next week's league meeting.

Hopefully they announce which facility it will be held at as well.

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Odd that they would report this before the official announcement. If true, that is good to know.

I'll still wait for the announcement from next week's league meeting.

Hopefully they announce which facility it will be held at as well.

Hard to keep secrets nowadays.