Nashville to host 2019 NFL Draft

6 hours ago, H2o said:

Great............ I can hear the country theme already :sick::lol:

"Are you ready to play some football!" (Sung to MNF theme by Hank Williams Jr.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...make Willie Nelson the honorary Commish announcing the picks and leave Goober Goodell in the Green Room...............

Great idea, but sadly Nashville would probably  rather throw some male model with a guitar (current country singer) on the tv screen. Willie lives in Texas, he’s far too cool for the current Nashville scene. I’m hoping they don’t choose Nashville, just so I don’t have to hear from crap contemporary country singers on the telecast. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sanners said:

Been to Nashville too many times over the last 6 months.  If you love country, I guess it would be cool, however!!! City is growing up way too fast. No transit system, and infrastructure sucks. Suburbs are just anytown, USA. Weather is very iffy, and hot-humid as hell in the summer. Also, its the south, but Nashville born  folk are awesome.

Here’s the thing that surprised me.....you can do the town and love it without ever doing country. I hate country! I love Nashville. 

13 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Bring this thing to Orlando so I can go.   I'd probably go to Jacksonville too but not Tampa....

Orlando?  It wouldn't shock me if our idiotic mayor tried for this,  but the only place they could do it is one of the Disney venues.  That would be a mess in so many ways.  Orlando is a town that wants to be a grown up city,  but doesn't even have the infrastructure necessary for its current size. Soaring violent crime rates being exhibit A. Politicians like to hide that dirty little secret about Mickey-land. Interstate 4 being perpetually under construction and no mass transit system in place to speak of being exhibits B and C.  Getting too big for its breeches. 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes - how about Columbus in 2020 for the 100th anniversary of the NFL which was started in Ohio? Capital city and we could use the Arena District.

I could see it. Would be a cool move by the NFL. So tired that all they focus on is $

On 5/11/2018 at 6:28 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Nfl already has Carrie underwood under contract for their SNF gig. Her outfit she wore for her intro her first season is prominently displayed in the HOF.

Really?

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Really?

It’s one of the first things you see when you walk in. There is an exhibit dedicated to SNF and a case displaying her dress/shoes/jewelry that she wore for the intro. I don’t know if they change it every year but there was no mention of Faith Hill who was the original intro. 

On 5/11/2018 at 9:30 AM, Mr. WEO said:

meh.

Bring it back to Manhattan and leave it there.

I like the idea of changing the location each year.  Hearing Goodell booed in different cities year after year always brings a smile to my face.  I'd like them to go to smaller markets with a solid fan base get to host the draft (here, Green Bay, Kansas City).  

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I like the idea of changing the location each year.  Hearing Goodell booed in different cities year after year always brings a smile to my face.  I'd like them to go to smaller markets with a solid fan base get to host the draft (here, Green Bay, Kansas City).  

That’s exactly why the league should just leave it in NY. Leave it in NY, that way you don’t remind fans that the commish is very unpopular in every NFL city. 

On 5/11/2018 at 11:31 PM, Sig1Hunter said:

Orlando?  It wouldn't shock me if our idiotic mayor tried for this,  but the only place they could do it is one of the Disney venues.  That would be a mess in so many ways.  Orlando is a town that wants to be a grown up city,  but doesn't even have the infrastructure necessary for its current size. Soaring violent crime rates being exhibit A. Politicians like to hide that dirty little secret about Mickey-land. Interstate 4 being perpetually under construction and no mass transit system in place to speak of being exhibits B and C.  Getting too big for its breeches. 

Crappy infrastructure and violent crime never stopped a city from hosting a big event. ?.