Nashville to host 2019 NFL Draft

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes - how about Columbus in 2020 for the 100th anniversary of the NFL which was started in Ohio? Capital city and we could use the Arena District.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Canton. How cool would it be to start and end your career in the same city?

Cleveland/Canton is one of the five finalist cities to host the 2019 or 2020 NFL Drafts.

I think they will get the 2020 Draft for the reasons you have both stated.

The NFL will announce the host cities for both of these drafts sometime during the Spring Meeting on May 21-23.

The other finalist cities are: Denver, Kansas City & Las Vegas.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was at the HOF a couple weeks ago. It’s pretty nice, would be cool to have the draft there.

Does Canton have a viable place to hold the event?

After having the draft in an actual stadium, can they accommodate that many people?

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Does Canton have a viable place to hold the event?

After having the draft in an actual stadium, can they accommodate that many people?

It would need to be in the stadium. Weather can be iffy here that time of year but there is another area that has shelter to the side of the building, it’s just not as big. I feel like the college kids would like the area. They held a regional camp there for Nike The Opening last week. 

There isnt enough room inside the actual HOF but there are nice rooms and auditoriums  to hold smaller gatherings. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It would need to be in the stadium. Weather can be iffy here that time of year but there is another area that has shelter to the side of the building, it’s just not as big. I feel like the college kids would like the area. They held a regional camp there for Nike The Opening last week. 

There isnt enough room inside the actual HOF but there are nice rooms and auditoriums  to hold smaller gatherings. 

Yes, the weather is a big concern.

Which is why I think they will primarily have it in Cleveland, with Canton being the place to visit.

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

I don't care if the NFL Draft is on Jupiter, as long as the Bills kill their drafts, Im good.

Nah...the time lag for the radio / television signals to get back to Earth will result in even more duplicate threads at Two Bills Drive over how Bills management botched the pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, October 1918 said:

I can tell you first hand, Nashville has grown too quickly over the past 5-6 years or so. Downtown went from sleepy to a crowded mess of humanity in only a few short years. I'll be Atlanta-level traffic soon.

I currently live in Atlanta, but we also have a place in Nashville (Green Hills and currently listed for sale - what a deal! :)). The growth there has been CRAZY! But I still like it a lot more than Atlanta and think I always will. Traffic going forward will certainly be an issue, but it would be a GREAT place for the draft.  Bills/Titans game a few years ago was a terrific experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

I currently live in Atlanta, but we also have a place in Nashville (Green Hills and currently listed for sale - what a deal! :)). The growth there has been CRAZY! But I still like it a lot more than Atlanta and think I always will. Traffic going forward will certainly be an issue, but it would be a GREAT place for the draft.  Bills/Titans game a few years ago was a terrific experience. 

Been to Nashville too many times over the last 6 months.  If you love country, I guess it would be cool, however!!! City is growing up way too fast. No transit system, and infrastructure sucks. Suburbs are just anytown, USA. Weather is very iffy, and hot-humid as hell in the summer. Also, its the south, but Nashville born  folk are awesome.