Which Current Free Agents you would like the Bills to consider bringing in for a visit?

its hard to tell what direction they go on this....do they want to develop their draft picks or do they want to sprinkle in vets on 1 year deals....

Who does Bowman replace if he is brought in

Does Maclin still have outside speed

I would look at players that are scheme fits more then the names on the back of their jersey's at this point......while developing our youth.

• Like (+1) 1

From CBS sports....

Zane Beadles (OL)

Three teams that should target him: Seahawks, Bills, Vikings

At times last year, Russell Wilson was facing so much defensive pressure that it didn't even seem like the Seahawks had an offensive line on the field. Although the Seahawks signed D.J. Fluker and used a fifth-round pick on tackle Jamarco Jones, the offensive line still isn't a strength for this team. Beadles isn't going to turn the Seahawks offensive line to the top ranked unit in the league, but he's a versatile player who adds depth at multiple positions. During his two seasons with the 49ers, he played every position on the line from left tackle to right guard to center. 

The Bills also could use some offensive line depth after being hit hard by retirement this offseason. Over the past three months, both Richie Incognitoand Eric Wood have announced they're done with football, although Incognito is already trying to unretire, so there's a small chance he could be back. The Bills also lost starting left tackle Cordy Glenn, who was traded to the Bengals in March

Hi all,

I'm a Bills fan from Northern Ireland.  This MB has been a great read for me for quite a while now so thought I'd sign up for an account.  I've been a fan of the bills since 1990.  One of the UK TV channels showed some NFL games around then and I also started playing a bit of John Madden Football on a games console - Thurman Thomas was unstoppable in the game, which perked my interest in the real thing on TV.  I went all in on the Bills since then and even visited the stadium when I was about 14 in the offseason - my family were visiting with my dad's sister near Toronto and I convinced them to drive me to Buffalo!  I'm almost certain the super bowl losses affected my positivity levels as a teenager and my die hard interest admittedly tapered off just slightly for a year or 2 as women and booze become priority.  I'm feeling quite positive with the current regime though and looking forward to some better times ahead.  Like some/most of you, Josh Allen wasn't my choice pre draft, but I've really got on board with the pick the more I've read and watched about this guy.  Plus Edmunds looks like a perfect fit for MLB.  So I'm all in!

That intro was not supposed to be long winded, so apologies for that.

My question, relevant to this thread is...  I know there's expected to be huge cap space next year for FA signings, but I haven't heard much talk of what money is available now to plug important holes at OL and WR.  Can someone please provide some details on what money we have available this offseason and what class of player we might be able to bring in?  Thanks guys.

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Hi all,

I'm a Bills fan from Northern Ireland.  This MB has been a great read for me for quite a while now so thought I'd sign up for an account.  I've been a fan of the bills since 1990.  One of the UK TV channels showed some NFL games around then and I also started playing a bit of John Madden Football on a games console - Thurman Thomas was unstoppable in the game, which perked my interest in the real thing on TV.  I went all in on the Bills since then and even visited the stadium when I was about 14 in the offseason - my family were visiting with my dad's sister near Toronto and I convinced them to drive me to Buffalo!  I'm almost certain the super bowl losses affected my positivity levels as a teenager and my die hard interest admittedly tapered off just slightly for a year or 2 as women and booze become priority.  I'm feeling quite positive with the current regime though and looking forward to some better times ahead.  Like some/most of you, Josh Allen wasn't my choice pre draft, but I've really got on board with the pick the more I've read and watched about this guy.  Plus Edmunds looks like a perfect fit for MLB.  So I'm all in!

That intro was not supposed to be long winded, so apologies for that.

My question, relevant to this thread is...  I know there's expected to be huge cap space next year for FA signings, but I haven't heard much talk of what money is available now to plug important holes at OL and WR.  Can someone please provide some details on what money we have available this offseason and what class of player we might be able to bring in?  Thanks guys.

Welcome!

According the over the cap, we have a bout 19 million in cap space, which does not include the contracts for Allen and Edmunds. Realistically, we could probably add a guard like Joeckel, maybe a depth linebacker and a wide receiver and that would be about it. Most teams have spent a lot, so we are higher up the chain in terms of cap space in the NFL right now.  

In a perfect world we add Bowman, Joeckel, Bryant, but not sure that is very realistic. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Welcome!

According the over the cap, we have a bout 19 million in cap space, which does not include the contracts for Allen and Edmunds. Realistically, we could probably add a guard like Joeckel, maybe a depth linebacker and a wide receiver and that would be about it. Most teams have spent a lot, so we are higher up the chain in terms of cap space in the NFL right now.  

In a perfect world we add Bowman, Joeckel, Bryant, but not sure that is very realistic. 

Only way to make it work is to sign them to multi-year deals with a big portion in the signing bonus. That will be amortized so they can keep the year one cap hits down.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good topic!!

Navarro Bowman - fills out the LB group and allows Edmunds to play the strong side. 1 year - $4M

Luke Joeckel - upgrades the OL depth and was once highly regarded. He is a decent reclamation project that can play all over. 2 years - $4M

Eric Decker - A fairly productive career and can still contribute on this team. 2 years - $5M

There is my 3 based on guys out there now. Obviously it can change if others hit the market. The first move that I’d make though is to trade Shaq Lawson for Corey Coleman. Swap former 1st rounders that are no longer great fits but can help the other team. 

I would be down with that

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good topic!!

Navarro Bowman - fills out the LB group and allows Edmunds to play the strong side. 1 year - $4M

Luke Joeckel - upgrades the OL depth and was once highly regarded. He is a decent reclamation project that can play all over. 2 years - $4M

Eric Decker - A fairly productive career and can still contribute on this team. 2 years - $5M

There is my 3 based on guys out there now. Obviously it can change if others hit the market. The first move that I’d make though is to trade Shaq Lawson for Corey Coleman. Swap former 1st rounders that are no longer great fits but can help the other team. 

Would Love COleman. Ive been saying that now for a few months. Would be a perfect fit for what we ned if hes able to stay heathly