Rod Streater

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Wow... you’re really going WAY out on a limb here. 

Yeah, he probably won’t light the league on fire but by all accounts he was playing really well before he got injured. Could equate to some decent play this season. 

But thanks for the hot take though. Before you showed up we really thought he was going to go to the hof! Thanks for saving us from ourselves. 

Also, it nothing like talking about Dez, you know because he’s not a Bill. 

Thing is , do you devote a roster spot to him ?
One of weakest ( some might suggest ) group is WR.
Lets let the youth learn the the trade if we are taking calculated risks.

BTW i am big Fan of Robs House and i am not trying to bash him whatsoever 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Streater was on fire last year until he got hurt. Pretty sure at one point he hadent dropped a single pass in camp. That's insane. He could be a hidden gem. Hoping he lights it up this year 

You’re way out of line. Hoping a reciever that showed promise will play well for your team is dumb. 

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

If he wins the spot of course you do. If not, no harm no foul. 

We should surround our new qbs with the most talent we can. 

I get trying to see what we’ve got with the young guns but not at the detriment of the development of our new qbs. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

18 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I know better than to hang my hopes on a guy whose last productive season was 2013, but this guy could be a pleasant surprise. His career looked promising early until the injuries hit.

As a rookie he reeled in 39 catches for 584 yds and 3 TDs. He followed it up his sophomore season with 60 catches for 888 yds and 4 TDs. That was with the likes of Terrell Pryor and Matt McGloin throwing to him.

His only other healthy season was 2016 with SF where he was relegated to spot duty. That's somewhat concerning since the WRs in front of him were Torrey Smith, Quinton Patton, and Jeremy Kerley. However, he made the most of his 27 targets catching 18 for 191 yds and 2 TDs. 

Again, it isn't wise to rely on a guy who has basically missed 3 of the last 4 seasons due to injuries, but if by the grace of God he can stay healthy, we might be alright with a guy opposite Benjamin who's 6'3" with 4.4 40 speed who's proven he can produce when given the opportunity.

It would be cool if the Bills took a chance and lucked out. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You’re way out of line. Hoping a reciever that showed promise will play well for your team is dumb. 

without question

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would be cool if the Bills took a chance and lucked out. 

well i feel Benjamin is a risk for season long health as well.

Notice he did not get an extension? and rightly so.
was it just last year the Bills WRs seem to all get nicked up ? Or was it the year before ?

:  )

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

He is not a number 1....we dont have one of those on the team yet.

Hopefully in the 1st round of next year's draft.

He DOES fill a need as an outside WR with speed....in a room filled with slot receivers.

You're right we don't have one but Benjamin has the ability.  He's got to stay on the field, but it's in him.  

10 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

From all the accounts at training camp he was lighting it up last year. I was really excited to see what he had. 

Cant wait to see if that carries over. Good qb play will go a long way if AJ or Josh can get things going. 

If reciever continues to be an issue I could see this team pulling the trigger on making another trade ala Benjamin. 

Also 90 mil in free agency next year will go a long way. Futures so bright I gotta wear shades. 

yeah, this year is another process year... 2019 will be great

15 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Didn't Rob's House send Beerball over the ledge?   If so......also a fan.:devil:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

From all the accounts at training camp he was lighting it up last year. I was really excited to see what he had. 

Cant wait to see if that carries over. Good qb play will go a long way if AJ or Josh can get things going. 

If reciever continues to be an issue I could see this team pulling the trigger on making another trade ala Benjamin. 

Also 90 mil in free agency next year will go a long way. Futures so bright I gotta wear shades. 

Just for an fyi for everyone, as of today the Bill's have 53 million in Cap space for 2019 not 90.

They will have good money for next year's FA but nowhere near 90.

Spotrac today:

Cap Space               $53,573,817

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just for an fyi for everyone, as of today the Bill's have 53 million in Cap space for 2019 not 90.

Spotrac today:

I heard it was 90, this is an outrage!

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spotrac today:

I think the lingo was "could be as much as 90"

We got some players getting long in the tooth.  We have our franchise QB on a rookie contract.

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the lingo was "could be as much as 90"

We got some players getting long in the tooth.  We have our franchise QB on a rookie contract.

Yep, Hughes, Shady and Clay are those guys.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:28 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

I get trying to see what we’ve got with the young guns but not at the detriment of the development of our new qbs. 

What?!?.......Isn’t that what all of us do, regarding every player on the roster? I sure hope players that have shown promise, will pan out in the future.

1 hour ago, Bruce_Stools said:

What?!?.......Isn’t that what all of us do, regarding every player on the roster? I sure hope players that have shown promise, will pan out in the future.

Not very quick on the uptake, huh?

I was making fun of people that were putting down the op’s premise of the thread. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Not very quick on the uptake, huh?

I was making fun of people that were putting down the op’s premise of the thread. 

Not very quick on the uptake? Thought you were a d*ck before but you just doubled down.  

I saw you reply to the other poster with some ridiculous nonsense.  Called you out on it and I’m “slow on the intake”.

Enjoy your day bud

Also, I just re-read the OP and from the start I appreciated your opinion and thought you sounded pretty reasonable.  The part where you respond to another poster and call it dumb.  I see the same thing as before.  You say something ridiculous and make yourself out to be a fool.  No harm meant, but yea, I must be “slow on the intake”.  I’ll get out the aloe for that burn

Edited by Bruce_Stools

25 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Not very quick on the uptake? Thought you were a d*ck before but you just doubled down.  

I saw you reply to the other poster with some ridiculous nonsense.  Called you out on it and I’m “slow on the intake”.

Enjoy your day bud

Also, I just re-read the OP and from the start I appreciated your opinion and thought you sounded pretty reasonable.  The part where you respond to another poster and call it dumb.  I see the same thing as before.  You say something ridiculous and make yourself out to be a fool.  No harm meant, but yea, I must be “slow on the intake”.  I’ll get out the aloe for that burn

Still missing the point entirely. I was making fun of the people that were putting down Streater. I shouldn’t have to explain this, anyone with a half a pea brain knew that was sarcasm and I don’t actually think it’s dumb to hope a player that showed promise will play well. It’s not my fault you don’t understand it. 

Do all jokes go soaring a thousand miles over your head, or just the sarcastic variety?

Enjoy your day, hopefully no one makes any jokes you can’t grasp or you’ll have to get a whole aloe plant. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks