Rod Streater

I know better than to hang my hopes on a guy whose last productive season was 2013, but this guy could be a pleasant surprise. His career looked promising early until the injuries hit.

As a rookie he reeled in 39 catches for 584 yds and 3 TDs. He followed it up his sophomore season with 60 catches for 888 yds and 4 TDs. That was with the likes of Terrell Pryor and Matt McGloin throwing to him.

His only other healthy season was 2016 with SF where he was relegated to spot duty. That's somewhat concerning since the WRs in front of him were Torrey Smith, Quinton Patton, and Jeremy Kerley. However, he made the most of his 27 targets catching 18 for 191 yds and 2 TDs. 

Again, it isn't wise to rely on a guy who has basically missed 3 of the last 4 seasons due to injuries, but if by the grace of God he can stay healthy, we might be alright with a guy opposite Benjamin who's 6'3" with 4.4 40 speed who's proven he can produce when given the opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

From all the accounts at training camp he was lighting it up last year. I was really excited to see what he had. 

Cant wait to see if that carries over. Good qb play will go a long way if AJ or Josh can get things going. 

If reciever continues to be an issue I could see this team pulling the trigger on making another trade ala Benjamin. 

Also 90 mil in free agency next year will go a long way. Futures so bright I gotta wear shades. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm with you i hope he can stay healthy it looked as if he was going to be a good pick up as far as depth until the toe thing came up which i never heard of a toe injury putting a guy on IR but it is what it is !! 

8 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I know better than to hang my hopes on a guy whose last productive season was 2013, but this guy could be a pleasant surprise. His career looked promising early until the injuries hit.

As a rookie he reeled in 39 catches for 584 yds and 3 TDs. He followed it up his sophomore season with 60 catches for 888 yds and 4 TDs. That was with the likes of Terrell Pryor and Matt McGloin throwing to him.

His only other healthy season was 2016 with SF where he was relegated to spot duty. That's somewhat concerning since the WRs in front of him were Torrey Smith, Quinton Patton, and Jeremy Kerley. However, he made the most of his 27 targets catching 18 for 191 yds and 2 TDs. 

Again, it isn't wise to rely on a guy who has basically missed 3 of the last 4 seasons due to injuries, but if by the grace of God he can stay healthy, we might be alright with a guy opposite Benjamin who's 6'3" with 4.4 40 speed who's proven he can produce when given the opportunity. 

What makes you think he's physically capable of repeating his 2013 season?  

It's kinda like talking about Dez Bryant in that people know the numbers and think the guy just needs a chance or has had time to get to 100%.

Both are players whose injuries have reduced them to nothing remotely close to their peak years.  People cite the 40 times as if it's still applicable.  

But, they had a season a few years ago and that somehow means the guy is ready to tear it up again. It's a wish and a prayer. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It's kinda like talking about Dez Bryant in that people know the numbers and think the guy just needs a chance or has had time to get to 100%.

Both are players whose injuries have reduced them to nothing remotely close to their peak years.  People cite the 40 times as if it's still applicable.  

But, they had a season a few years ago and that somehow means the guy is ready to tear it up again. It's a wish and a prayer. 

2013 was indeed a LONG time ago in NFL terms.

You can pretty much add about 3 tenths on a banged up vet like Streaters post college 40 time.

People should watch some of that "veteran combine" footage from a few years ago when the NFL tried to create a new viewing cash cow out of re-habbed guys trying to get back in the league.

These guys have been doing nothing but training to impress in workouts.........and they're like "4.92? You gotta' be shitting me.   There you go, I'm done".:doh::lol: 

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was rocking it last year before he got hurt. Hope he can stay healthy and contribute this year.

He was present and accounted for at camp.

Rocking it and tearing it up?.........no.

Said it before.......Andre Holmes big year was more recent than Streater..............the difference is people got to see Holmes in games last year and have come to terms with his degree of suck.

A younger guy that hasn’t stayed healthy much like RS is Paul Perkins who was cut today. I’d bring him in and see if he could beat out Ivory. 

Perkins was out of UCLA IIRC and had a little hype entering the league but was never able to put it together with NYG.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was present and accounted for at camp.

Rocking it and tearing it up?.........no.

Said it before.......Andre Holmes big year was more recent than Streater..............the difference is people got to see Holmes in games last year and have come to terms with his degree of suck.

Well you're wrong. He was making great plays during camp.

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Do they retest for for the 40 after 4 years and all he injuries ?

you mentioned injured enough times to give me sincere doubt he is worth a spot

2 hours ago, jr1 said:

he's listed between 195-200 pounds. Maybe gaining some weight would help his durability 

and slow him down even further, add wear and tear to those joints, muscles and cartilage hmm ?

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Wow... you’re really going WAY out on a limb here. 

Yeah, he probably won’t light the league on fire but by all accounts he was playing really well before he got injured. Could equate to some decent play this season. 

But thanks for the hot take though. Before you showed up and got “real” with us we really thought he was going to go to the hof! Thanks for saving us from ourselves. 

Also, it nothing like talking about Dez, you know because he’s not a Bill. 

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Lottery tickets are not a strategy.

Not a lottery ticket, he’s already a Bill. But yeah, now that you say it using your reciever already on your roster to catch some balls for you, that is a weird strategy. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1