• Marshawn Lynch
    • Antowain Smith
    • Wray Carlton
    • Joe Cribbs
    • Kenneth Davis
    • Darrick Holmes
    • Other

6 hours ago, Jamie Mueller said:

Can't seem to make myself vote for OJ (though he was incredible as a football player)... Thurman was a key cog in one of the best NFL offenses ever... but I really admired Joe Cribbs back in the Chuck Knox era.

I know, it's kind of sad, isn't it?  Time was when the Juice could probably have walked from Orchard Park to Buffalo Airport, Crocodile Dundee style from fan to fan without touching the ground.

In hindsight, does anyone else wonder if CTE may have been involved?  Loss of judgement, loss of impulse control?

On 5/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, Bruce_Stools said:

Who is your favorite RB that has played for the Bills and why? The RB could have found more success after their stint in Buffalo(Lynch) or not(Jackson, Spiller).  Maybe you prefer O.J. because of his role in naked gun. Any reason at all.

I picked Cookie. for reasons of legend.

Fred is my Man. He was my favorite.

LeSean is fun as heck and takes his craft seriously. respect there from me

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I picked Cookie. for reasons of legend.

Fred is my Man. He was my favorite.

LeSean is fun as heck and takes his craft seriously. respect there from me

Good list with good reasons.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, it's kind of sad, isn't it?  Time was when the Juice could probably have walked from Orchard Park to Buffalo Airport, Crocodile Dundee style from fan to fan without touching the ground.

In hindsight, does anyone else wonder if CTE may have been involved?  Loss of judgement, loss of impulse control?

NO.

He had a long history of violent, deviant behavior, growing up in San Fran.

Fred. I loved watching Thurman play. He was an elite talent, but there was something special about Fred. He didn't have any elite athletic traits, but his vision, and most notably his balance were elite tier. The guy did it all on a team that gave him nothing in return. He and Stevie could have been modern day heroes if we ever had a QB.

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 hours ago, OJABBA said:

NO.

He had a long history of violent, deviant behavior, growing up in San Fran.

What a difference the era of social media makes.  I did not know that.  " Future wife Marquerite, his childhood sweetheart, described Simpson as "really an awful person then";[14] after his third arrest, a meeting with Willie Mays during which the baseball star encouraged Simpson to avoid trouble helped persuade him to reform"

Thanks - I think?  I guess his overall behavior makes more sense but....another part of an icon tarnished.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What a difference the era of social media makes.  I did not know that.  " Future wife Marquerite, his childhood sweetheart, described Simpson as "really an awful person then";[14] after his third arrest, a meeting with Willie Mays during which the baseball star encouraged Simpson to avoid trouble helped persuade him to reform"

Thanks - I think?  I guess his overall behavior makes more sense but....another part of an icon tarnished.

Yeah, he was a gang leader (allegedly) as a teen.

I judge his football career and personal life separately. I think it's fine to admire his on the field accomplishments. It doesn't mean you are glorifying anything he has done off the field. I mean, to act like he wasn't a massively talented and accomplished player is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Gary McDermott -the original #32.

also loved Mini Max Anderson (#22), Wray Carlton (#30) and Robb Riddick (#40)

I've got a Robb Riddick game jersey - wasn't around to see him play though.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1