Amazing comeback in the works: Stedman Bailey

Crazy story.  With player saftey and head trauma the fore front I dont see a team taking on that kind of risk.  A concussion hard hit and he is laying on the turf it would  be a terrible look.  

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I hope for his sake he makes it back, but It seems hard to believe that anyone who suffered that trauma will ever be allowed to play for an NFL team again. 

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Crazy story.  With player saftey and head trauma the fore front I dont see a team taking on that kind of risk.  A concussion hard hit and he is laying on the turf it would  be a terrible look.  

Only skimmed it, but it sounds like the damage was to his skull, not his brain.  Unless there's a reason to believe his titanium plate increases his risk of head injury somehow, other than optics I don't see why this would be an issue.

20 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Third time's the charm.:ph34r:

With a mid-year entry for TBD's most horrible person award, please welcome Jon in Pasadena. :mellow:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, transient said:

Only skimmed it, but it sounds like the damage was to his skull, not his brain.  Unless there's a reason to believe his titanium plate increases his risk of head injury somehow, other than optics I don't see why this would be an issue.

With a mid-year entry for TBD's most horrible person award, please welcome Jon in Pasadena. :mellow:

Yes you are correct.

It says he suffered no trauma to his brain and only to his skull...

still dont know how safe it would be to come back as I’m not a DR

29 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Or possibly just a bad joke.  Whatever floats yer boat.

Just because something is “offensive” to some possibly delicate people(no offense), the humor is not lost on everyone.  Keep cracking jokes. Laughter is still the best medicine. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I think the fact he's 5'10", not especially fast, has two strikes on the drug stuff and did little in his first 3 years with the Rams will be bigger hurdles for him to overcome.

But nice story;  seems like regardless of football he's put his life back together.  Good for him.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Amazing comeback in the works: Stedman Bailey
4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Stedman Bailey always dreamed of playing in the NFL. In an instant the former 3rd round pick had it all stolen away from him when he was shot in the head twice...

now he wants to make a comeback 

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/stedman-bailey/stedman-bailey.html

Best of luck to this young man ?

...thanks 716......thought the Seahawks taking the Griffin kid was big to defy all odds, but this is even better.....Godspeed young man....Valvano said, "don't EVER give up".....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks 716......thought the Seahawks taking the Griffin kid was big to defy all odds, but this is even better.....Godspeed young man....Valvano said, "don't EVER give up".....

Yea he definitely has a long way to go...

but he is alive and thats all that matters 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea he definitely has a long way to go...

but he is alive and thats all that matters 

...absolutely.......astonishing that his goal is to play football again......look at James Brady from the Reagan era or Arizona Senator Gifford who after gunshots to head hoped to return to some level of life normalcy.....and this kid wants to play football again.........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...absolutely.......astonishing that his goal is to play football again......look at James Brady from the Reagan era or Arizona Senator Gifford who after gunshots to head hoped to return to some level of life normalcy.....and this kid wants to play football again.........

Yea it’s quite the goal...

Definitely rooting for him

• Like (+1) 1