My 100 % Superstitious Proof Allen Will Take Us To The Promised Land

https://ibb.co/ekbJBJ

Sorry, about just a link. 

So, I after getting burnt out at work (I am currently a little sick), I head home early and get ready for bed. I lay down and check my emails, before passing out. One email is a spam email from a sports card store offering chance to get certain teams in a case opening of one of the highest end football card cases out there. I have only done this 4 or 5 times in my life; waste money on box breaks. But, I figure why not?  It is a minor form of gambling that may make me feel distracted/better, really felt worth it. I spent a few dollars and somehow win first team pick. I get the Bills, just because I wanted an Allen card. Anyway, I end up getting one of the most rare, if not the rarest(correct me if I'm wrong) Allen card to be produced. It didn't go to some dealer, or some reseller, it went to a life-long Bills' fan. I am beyond disbelief. Stuff like this doesn't happen to me in my real life, let alone something like this in fandom. 

I have a good feeling about this draft pick and take this as a sign. !@#$ you science types. Something like this happens on a whim and on a ****ty day? No, God is telling me the curse has been lifted. 

For context the Josh Rosen version of the card is being sold for $7500 on ebay. (Probably a crazy price that will never sell for)

But, to me this card is priceless. I have spent some of the best times of my life with family and friends around Buffalo sports. And, there is not another Buffalo Bills card I'd want more. 

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 10

Just now, wppete said:

How much is it worth? Sell it now cash in.... 

It is worth whatever someone will pay for it. I'm sure there is some sport card expert on here who can guess.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Paulus said:

It is worth whatever someone will pay for it. I'm sure there is some sport card expert on here who can guess.

This isn't because I wanted Rosen, this is because you won the gamble. I understand wanting the card because of value that you can't monetize, but man you won the gamble.

Like really, you won it. Cash out man. If you can get 7gs or even half that, I think you take it.

I used to be a cashier at a corner store that sold scratch offs, it's not completely apt, but I remember a dude winning like 350. It was pretty close to the max I could redeem. I watched him spend that 350 and like another 300 all on losing tickets. I didn't understand it, he won like 350 on a $5 ticket. 

My point is, take the money man. You did what you set out to do.

I'm really just giving you a hard time, I'm happy that the card went to someone who values it so much where it's not even a debate to sell it.

Congrats man

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This isn't because I wanted Rosen, this is because you won the gamble. I understand wanting the card because of value that you can't monetize, but man you won the gamble.

Like really, you won it. Cash out man. If you can get 7gs or even half that, I think you take it.

I used to be a cashier at a corner store that sold scratch offs, it's not completely apt, but I remember a dude winning like 350. It was pretty close to the max I could redeem. I watched him spend that 350 and like another 300 all on losing tickets. I didn't understand it, he won like 350 on a $5 ticket. 

My point is, take the money man. You did what you set out to do.

I'm really just giving you a hard time, I'm happy that the card went to someone who values it so much where it's not even a debate to sell it.

Congrats man

Come on, if he already thought he was tossing the money for a bit of fun might as well throw it all back on the table and see if Alan booms.

Unless of course your in a situation where you really need it.

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Come on, if he already thought he was tossing the money for a bit of fun might as well throw it all back on the table and see if Alan booms.

Unless of course your in a situation where you really need it.

I suppose so. I'm the guy who wins 50 bucks gambling and walks away immediately. That's just how I am. And if Allen pans out, he'll want to sell it even less.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I suppose so. I'm the guy who wins 50 bucks gambling and walks away immediately. That's just how I am. And if Allen pans out, he'll want to sell it even less.

I have a fairly similar impulse though that might be more my fiscal situation than anything. It's true if Allen is what we hope you'd want to sell the card even less but that's because it became something truly special.

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No, crap like this is something you let your kids sell, or you just burn in a campfire. Sure it provides the excitement of have a tangible and intangible (excitement) vested interest in just watching the team in the near future. Their success, in some small way, is a success of your own. The !@#$ing odds. 

Just now, Paulus said:

No, crap like this is something you let your kids sell, or you just burn in a campfire. Sure it provides the excitement of have a tangible and intangible (excitement) vested interest in just watching the team in the near future. Their success, in some small way, is a success of your own. The !@#$ing odds. 

I'm guessing burning in the campfire is more the bust route right? Let's think of your kids selling it 

I work for a company that does this. It really does get to be gambling... kinda crazy when ppl have multiple cc and ones their wives aren't aware of... and have things sent to work so the wife doesnt find out...

As for the card, very nice.

The shame about 1 of 1s is, if you have 100 1 of 1s how rare is it really? Certain players get big $$ but Allen has yet to achieve hot rookie status. People can sell things for whatever they want. Getting asking is a totally different story. Nice pull and prob worth a couple hundred at the moment.  Of note,  the other time besides a prospect reaching their full potential cards are worth more is right after release... so be mindful of that as well.

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

I do box breaks all the time, my own on youtube and for fun on Ebay, He will never be as high as he is now since the season didn't start yet and 2018 football just started coming out so you have a very rare card, his 2018 panini Contenders just with the auto is selling for 1,999 without the patch of the mustang on it, I think I'd list that Majestic card at $1,999 while also using the best offer feature, I think at the very least you'll get a solid offer. 

Congrats on the pull btw, **** like that doesn't happen to me either unfortunately lol

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I do box breaks all the time, my own on youtube and for fun on Ebay, He will never be as high as he is now since the season didn't start yet and 2018 football just started coming out so you have a very rare card, his 2018 panini Contenders just with the auto is selling for 1,999 without the patch of the mustang on it, I think I'd list that Majestic card at $1,999 while also using the best offer feature, I think at the very least you'll get a solid offer. 

Congrats on the pull btw, **** like that doesn't happen to me either unfortunately lol

This was purely about a ****ty day and life finding a way, against insane odds. I found the odds against this to be remarkable. It was a horrid day, and there Josh Allen was there to pick me up. It is going to happen, my friend. Allen will break the cure, you !@#$ing economists...One cannot put a value on the rarest card of Buffalo's Savior Josh Allen!!!!

I'm riding this and going down like SaviorPeterman, hahaha. 

Edited by Paulus

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

So, I after getting burnt out at work (I am currently a little sick), I head home early and get ready for bed. I lay down and check my emails, before passing out. One email is a spam email from a sports card store offering chance to get certain teams in a case opening of one of the highest end football card cases out there. I have only done this 4 or 5 times in my life; waste money on box breaks. But, I figure why not?  It is a minor form of gambling that may make me feel really felt worth it. I spent a few dollars and somehow win first team pick. I get the Bills, just because I wanted an Allen card. Anyway, I end up getting one of the most rare, if not the rarest(correct me if I'm wrong) Allen card to be produced. It didn't go to some dealer, or some reseller, it went to a life-long Bills' fan. I am beyond disbelief. Stuff like this doesn't happen to me in my real life, let alone something like this in fandom. 

I have a good feeling about this draft pick and take this as a sign. !@#$ you science types. Something like this happens on a whim and on a ****ty day? No, God is telling me the curse has been lifted. 

For context the Josh Rosen version of the card is being sold for $7500 on ebay. (Probably a crazy price that will never sell for)

But, to me this card is priceless. I have spent some of the best times of my life with family and friends around Buffalo sports. And, there is not another Buffalo Bills card I'd want more. 

works for me, Championships !!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Paulus said:

So, I after getting burnt out at work (I am currently a little sick), I head home early and get ready for bed. I lay down and check my emails, before passing out. One email is a spam email from a sports card store offering chance to get certain teams in a case opening of one of the highest end football card cases out there. I have only done this 4 or 5 times in my life; waste money on box breaks. But, I figure why not?  It is a minor form of gambling that may make me feel really felt worth it. I spent a few dollars and somehow win first team pick. I get the Bills, just because I wanted an Allen card. Anyway, I end up getting one of the most rare, if not the rarest(correct me if I'm wrong) Allen card to be produced. It didn't go to some dealer, or some reseller, it went to a life-long Bills' fan. I am beyond disbelief. Stuff like this doesn't happen to me in my real life, let alone something like this in fandom. 

That’s awesome man. Congratulations! I’ve been thinking about getting back into collecting sports cards, seeing that just might force me to buy a couple boxes 

9 hours ago, Paulus said:

Great story, dude, congrats!  I love it! 

(little thing, if you can think of a title that bit more reflects the cool content, be obliged)

That’s an awesome pull. That kinda inspires me to try and get back into card collecting. Back in the day I had built up a collection of over 30,000 Bills cards. Ended up selling it on EBay for $750 after my first marriage ended because I needed the cash and had no room, and there isn’t a time I think about it that I don’t regret it.

• Like (+1) 1