20/20: Would you have traded Tredavious White for Browns' #4 pick?

Clearly the biggest surprise of Round #1 was the Browns pick #4 going for Denzel Ward instead of Bradley Chubb. Chances are the Browns were still hoping for Barkley but basically knew they were getting Ward the moment the GIants made the Barkley pick. If we had known the Browns were looking at CB at #4 (it has been widely reported they wanted a CB to allow Garrett to get to the QB), would you be willing to trade Tredavious White for the #4 pick? Not that I am not high on White (I think he will make the Pro Bowl this year if he stays injury free).

Why for the Browns: White is closer to a sure thing than Ward and still has three years on the rookie scale (at a lower salary than #4).

Why for the Bills:  1. Guaranteed to get Josh Allen  2. Would have likely gotten WARD at #12 and likely still gotten Edmunds for #22 and #65 at 16. So Bills end up with Allen, Ward and Edmunds instead of Allen, White and Edmunds. All things equal,  I prefer the latter - but remember in this trade Bills get to keep their 2 #2s and get an extra year on the rooki scale for their CB. So would you rate Ward, #53 and #56 as higher than Tre' White?

Clearly Bills had interest in Ward - they even hosted him at OBD.  

typo corrected in bold

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
typo

No, I wouldn't have done this.  I have seen Ward get blocked and go for a ride (drag tackle) in the run game.  Tre'Davious is a much more willing run supporter and more physical short area corner which I think are better fits for McDermott's system.  

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I think in the scenario OP is suggesting we would trade White for #4 straight up and have picks 4, 12, and 22 as well as our second round picks.

It's still crazy talk. He's talking about trading up to 4 and taking a CB then guaranteed to get Allen. 

Literally nothing is preventing from a Ward- White swap today. They aren't getting Allen and Edmunds and keeping both two's. This scenario is just ridiculous, Cleveland isn't giving up 4 for just White.

Nothing makes sense he mentioned.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's still crazy talk. He's talking about trading up to 4 and taking a CB then guaranteed to get Allen. 

Literally nothing is preventing from a Ward- White swap today. They aren't getting Allen and Edmunds and keeping both two's. This scenario is just ridiculous, Cleveland isn't giving up 4 for just White.

Nothing makes sense he mentioned.

I don't think he was suggesting we take Ward in that scenario. My interpretation is that we'd take Allen at 4, Edmunds at 12, and still have 22, 53, and 56.

Another way of saying it is would you have traded White for 22, 53, & 56.

• Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't think he was suggesting we take Ward in that scenario. My interpretation is that we'd take Allen at 4, Edmunds at 12, and still have 22, 53, and 56.

Another way of saying it is would you have traded White for 22, 53, & 56.

He specifically stated that we would get Ward, meaning we'd take him at 4.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Why for the Browns: White is closer to a sure thing than Ward and still has three years on the rookie scale (at a lower salary than #4).

Which is why the Bills would probably prefer White.

• Like (+1) 1