5-9: Chris Mortensen on One Bills Live

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Worst or least known?

We had the "worst" secondary this time last year. 

OK. Who has a worse QB situation for 2018 than the Bills, in your opinion?

Maybe McCarron will be great and Allen will quickly become a star, but right now they have a guy with 5 starts who couldn't beat out Andy Dalton as their starter, with Allen projected to be a ways out from being ready to play.

37 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

His WRs sure didnt help on some of those balls.

I some of those throws...  Open dump off guys and he goes deep.

I'm not mad either.  Kelvin Benjamin will be on the other end of a that now.

Edited by JaxBills

22 minutes ago, vincec said:

OK. Who has a worse QB situation for 2018 than the Bills, in your opinion?

Maybe McCarron will be great and Allen will quickly become a star, but right now they have a guy with 5 starts who couldn't beat out Andy Dalton as their starter, with Allen projected to be a ways out from being ready to play.

Like I said. Our secondary was the "worst" going into last season. Seems silly to imagine now, huh? Relax and wait till camp before jumping out the plane.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DcyoRDaU0AEVp4L.jpg

That was my favorite quote from the whole interview.

So basically, his low point is just a really good starting quarterback, then what would be his high point? I think we’re all hoping for him to be a really good starting QB, but if he booms, then what?

6 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I love the variation in all the experts opinions. MSN has us with the worst QB situation in the league. What I don't get is how the same guys get to be wildly wrong year in year out.

Web.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterback-rooms-after-2018-nfl-draft/ss-AAwXXQ0?li=BBnb7Kz#image=33

Sports punditry especially punditry that is highly predictive in nature is far from an exact science. I honestly think you can make a legit case that the Bills have the worst QB situation in the league. Peterman is terrible, AJ is unproven, and Allen might not be pro-ready. I think almost every other team besides Denver in my mind (Not high on Keenum) could be ranked higher at QB. 

What QB situation would you say for sure is worse than the Bills? Go team by team and you can at least see why people feel that way about the Bills. 

16 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

That was my favorite quote from the whole interview.

So basically, his low point is just a really good starting quarterback, then what would be his high point? I think we’re all hoping for him to be a really good starting QB, but if he booms, then what?

I think Mort was basically saying that his bottom is more like Jay Cutler than a complete bust. While his higher end could be a top 10-5 QB. I think there is a high bust potential on Allen but Allen and Lamar Jackson both have the highest ceilings in this draft class in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Worst or least known?

We had the "worst" secondary this time last year. 

You know your talking to a 1970s football guy when you equate getting the defensive backfield right with quarterback.

It's about 700 million times easier to revamp a secondary than it is to get the QB position right. Besides, who could have seen Poyer coming in and playing so well. Hyde was a known commodity. Any betting man would take that secondary over this **** show QB stable with regards to which would end up better. 

What do I know though, one playoff appearance and it's like everything our FO does is undeniably the greatest move in NFL history. It was fun I guess. 

34 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

What do I know though, one playoff appearance and it's like everything our FO does is undeniably the greatest move in NFL history. It was fun I guess. 

Super hot take. Garbage. Garrrbagge. 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

You know your talking to a 1970s football guy when you equate getting the defensive backfield right with quarterback.

It's about 700 million times easier to revamp a secondary than it is to get the QB position right. Besides, who could have seen Poyer coming in and playing so well. Hyde was a known commodity. Any betting man would take that secondary over this **** show QB stable with regards to which would end up better. 

I will take what Buffalo has over teams who think they have a quarterback. Miami comes to mind. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, beerme1 said:

Super hot take. Garbage. Garrrbagge. 

Were you here for the board on week 16 and then still here for week 17. Flip flop like it was summer in Charlotte. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I will take what Buffalo has over teams who think they have a quarterback. Miami comes to mind. 

I agree I would take it as well. However, objectively speaking what they have is better. That is the point.

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

Were you here for the board on week 16 and then still here for week 17. Flip flop like it was summer in Charlotte. 

I agree I would take it as well. However, objectively speaking what they have is better. That is the point.

How is it better? 

8 hours ago, JaxBills said:
8 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

His WRs sure didnt help on some of those balls.

I some of those throws...  Open dump off guys and he goes deep.

I'm not mad either.  Kelvin Benjamin will be on the other end of a that now.

Edited 7 hours ago by Ja

Yeah - KB OR Zay Jones - we have nothing to worry about...

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I see your point, but I am not going to draw a comparison between glorified high school players and guys that are actually on a pro team.

A dropped pass is a dropped pass!  High school is for fun - NFL players get $$$$ to CATCH the BALL

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When 26 stops [xxxx} towards me and a good number of the board members here, then I'll stop.  

I've offered him the olive branch 5 times now.  He refuses to even respond to me and or play nice with others. 

• How about you ask your friend @26CornerBlitz to play nice with others.  I guarantee you the angst on this board will be much less. 

As to the envy good sir.  Look in the mirror.  

Do you see any of the other top 5 people in Rep Points that defaults to insults and whining when someone  proves them wrong? 

Oh and don't even mention  DCTom as it's all part of his humorous persona which 90% or more of the board enjoys. 

You actually know who the top 5 members in rep points are?

Maybe more importantly... you actually care who the top 5 are? ---------->>>

38 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You actually know who the top 5 members in rep points are?

Maybe more importantly... you actually care who the top 5 are? ---------->>>

It is possible that I do.   I respect pretty much every one but one.   

Do I care?  No,  actually I don't. 

Did you know threads can die by having these types of discussions?  

I respect the hard work and effort you put into your stats research,  but that doesn't mean I have to agree with who your favorites are.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan