Josh Boyce, WR rumored to have a visit

26 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Seems like Josh Rosen might be better suited for an offense that requires quick processing and accuracy on short routes.  Just saying...

Rosen’s career will take off once he gives up football and takes his chair on The View.

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I think we need a magical influx of wide receivers that might sign for multiple  years

We have multiple ex wrs spread all over the league

The good news is Zay Jones will likely be really good in 4 years when he goes to some random team out West.

i'm not going through all the posts, but when i saw roughly 4:30, i figure this guy only has to run the fly route. i don't know what all the dissection is about, but don't sleep on robert foster who posted a 4:31 in 2016 and btw, i think daboll knows him.

all we need is one deep threat and quite honestly, i think zay will fill that slippery outside role while kerley and reilly man the slot.....if we were to stand pat.

1 hour ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

5 years and he's done nothing.

Pats aren't picky, **** Hogan has looked good with them... yet he's not there? Was there some sort of injury derailing this dude or is he just one of the many better college players than NFL caliber.

Probably just has too high a standard of honesty and sportsmanship.

• Haha (+1) 3

i'd like to add to that, that i would love to see a.j. start and have an established timing game ingrained with kb, zane, kerley, riley and holmes. i would like to see some progression from reilly, dupri and foster. i think this staff will mold together a solid unit that nobody saw coming.

if you gave these guys to the pats, you would all be saying, don't worry, he'll (brady ) make them stars.

btw between dupri and foster i see 1 james lofton.

23 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

What good ones out there would you like to bring in?

About what time period are we speaking? Today? The beginning of FA? The draft? I mean today? Dez, Maclin, a trade for someone...Could gave traded for guys on draft day. Lots of big FA early on that could have helped. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

About what time period are we speaking? Today? The beginning of FA? The draft? I mean today? Dez, Maclin, a trade for someone...Could gave traded for guys on draft day. Lots of big FA early on that could have helped. 

Dez would be worthless to us. What's he going to do that Holmes or Kerly or Benjamin can't do? He can't stretch the field anymore and he has no separation. Maclin? Okay, howv he is going to help us? Is he still a No. 1?

Who would you have liked to trade for, and which of the top 5 draft picks would you like to give up for doing so?

11 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Running NEs offense... yes we will have slot guys, mostly. aka quick, route runners...

"But Allen can throw the ball 80 yards!" 

Just because Allen can throw the ball 80 yards doesn't mean you design an offense around that... Expect 10-15 play drives, hopefully that put up points.

Exactly, I'm thinking that they are expecting to start McCarron and run a quick passing game, long drives, Shady, and a tough defense. Even if Allen were to win the job at some point, you don't want to put too much on the rookie's plate, so it would still be a good plan. Then next year as hopefully Allen is progressing and you have tons of free agent money and a full compliment of draft picks, you get your #1 WR, resign KB as 1a, and hopefully Zay (in year 3) has developed and then you can start opening the offense up. I think they will pass a lot more this year than last, but I also expect the passing game to still be somewhat conservative, mostly safe throws, etc. (unless the stars align...i.e., McCarron or Allen shine, Zay blows up, KB is the man, and another WR shows). I think they are preparing for the worst from the QB position, to be able to win even if no QB plays great (like last year), but if one or more of them comes on, then they can open up and expand it. But realistically that might not fully happen until next year. This year we're just looking for guys who can hold down the fort, safe outlets, good, fast route runners. But then again, you never know when McBeane is gonna pull another rabbit out of their collective hat.

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why don’t we ever attempt to bring in good receivers?

Yeah. I pass the good receiver tree everyday on my way to work. Plenty of guys growing on it.

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why don’t we ever attempt to bring in good receivers?

Watkins? That was only 4 years ago.

I see what you are saying though. Honestly, I get it this year. I think it's a "process" year (aka a "throw away" year). I firmly believe that next offseason is the one where they try to surround Allen with weapons. They got us to the playoffs, so now they have some time to build without wreckless abandon. Just my opinion of course.

What are you people talking about?   Boyce was a Pats* preseason wonder in 2013, and then couldn't stick on a roster.  He's a poor man's Goodwin (prior to the 2017 season)