Road Schedule Will Determine Bills Fate

After having some time to marinate between free agency, the draft, and the schedule I finally have taken a bit of a look at the season for real and where I kind of see things playing. This is based off what we know I understand that come October some teams could change in terms of what we think so take it with a grain of salt as always and just have fun with it.

Home:

Looking at the Bills home schedule I see five games which I would say I expect them to win:

NYJ, MIA, DET, TEN, & CHI

After that I see the Chargers and Jaguars games as ones I would expect us to be slight underdogs but we should have a fighting chance and of course NE haha which is what it is. With that I think is reasonable for the Bills to be around 6-2 at home. They seem to really feed off the crowd last year and play really well minus the NOLA game. Believe it or not I actually kinda trust them at home with this coaching staff against everyone minus NE.

The road though yeesh!

Games I expect to lose:

NE, MIN, GB, HOU

Games that we may have a chance but it will be tough sledding to some extent:

NYJ, MIA, IND, BAL

I really can't find a game on the road I expect them to win. I understand a lot of people think the Jets and Dolphins should be easy wins but we blew it on the road last year in NY and they look improved at all areas. MIA we swept last year and even though I believe they will be one of the five worst teams in football I still don't think its cake walk and see them winning. IND is the one game that seems most winnable at this point even if Luck plays. Last year part of the reason the Bills made the playoffs last year is they won two big games (ATL/KC) that none of us saw them winning. They will have to do that again this year against what I feel is an even rougher schedule across the board on the road in some really tough places to win. 3-5 hopefully would be good enough to keep them in the race, but truthfully if they plan on really being in the playoffs 4-4 minimum would be the goal on the road and that looks even tougher then last year.

• Like (+1) 1

I would add Houston to the ones we might have a chance. Min and GB are going to be really hard, but I think they are at the beginning of the year, so hopefully KC and his WR are not in sync yet and Arod... well if he is healthy he will most than likely kill us. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think our defense can keep us in the tough road games. And who knows what shape these teams will be in due to injury, suspension or mindset when we play them. 

I'm anxious to see how Daboll runs his offense here and what he does with what he has. While I do expect to lose some those tough road games, I don't fear getting blown out of any of them.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

The road schedule usually determines every team's fate in the NFL, unless they're absolutely atrocious (see the Browns the last two years).  The Bills season will be won or lost based on their first 7 games.  With 5 on the road in potentially tough venues, coming away 4-3 or better would be a win going into a MNF matchup at home versus the Patriots.  Going into it 3-4 or worse makes the Patriots a must win scenario and likely dooms the season.  We will of course wait and see what happens.

50 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They just need to lose the non-conference games.

Idk why you expect to lose against Houston. It should be close to a toss-up. Let's see how Watson is playing in his 2nd year.

I see 8-10 wins easy.

Houstons defense is really good and with an even average Watson it is a tough game with the talent they have. Plus we are on the road it isn't a home game. Like for insistence the Chargers I think is winnable because its home, on the road I think its a really tough game as shown last year regardless of Peterman.

47 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I think our defense can keep us in the tough road games. And who knows what shape these teams will be in due to injury, suspension or mindset when we play them. 

I'm anxious to see how Daboll runs his offense here and what he does with what he has. While I do expect to lose some those tough road games, I don't fear getting blown out of any of them.

I think the Bills because of the defense can be competitive in almost all the game with maybe a blow out loss at NE or GB because every team has a really bad week. I just think road games in general are tough to win and with a porous offense plus the opponents they have its a tough go.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why people would expect the Jets game to be wins. They completely manhandled us on both sides of the LOS that Thursday night. 

Thats why I have them splitting. Their defense is improved, their offense has some pieces especially at WR, and if Darnold is anything decent they are a challenge.

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

I would add Houston to the ones we might have a chance. Min and GB are going to be really hard, but I think they are at the beginning of the year, so hopefully KC and his WR are not in sync yet and Arod... well if he is healthy he will most than likely kill us. 

Losses in those games would put us in good tiebreaker position or at least neutral given the OP's theory that we beat Chi and Det.

• Like (+1) 1