Kiyaunta Goodwin a 6'7", 370 Pound Eighth Grader Creating a Massive Buzz in the CFB Recruiting World

26CornerBlitz

He's a Growing 6'7", 370-Pound Marvel Who Can Move...and He's in 8th Grade

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — He first appears inside Room 208 of Olmsted Academy North on a Thursday in mid-March, sitting at the corner of a table his legs can't fit under.

Kiyaunta Goodwin is fully engaged in art class. But unlike his eighth-grade classmates, he doesn't draw on a sheet of paper. Because of the size and strength of his unusually large hands, the 14-year-old uses poster board because it allows him more room to operate.

As Goodwin shifts his 6'7", 370-pound body, the 10 a.m. bell rings. Wearing a bright purple collared shirt and tan khakis, he walks toward the door, holding the black case that houses his bass clarinet in his left hand. His size 18 shoes and long strides reach the doorway in a matter of steps. He's a foot taller and 200 pounds heavier than anyone in the room.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, Mark Vader said:

Wow!

What a future that young man has. Although I hope that he plays football because he enjoys it and not because he is being forced to play.

I fear that he may get "too tall" for football.  Hard to get leverage if you are over 7 feet tall. hopefully that is not the case, but if it is, there is always professional wrestling.

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I fear that he may get "too tall" for football.  Hard to get leverage if you are over 7 feet tall. hopefully that is not the case, but if it is, there is always professional wrestling.

...sounds like pituitary gland gone wild......hope docs are paying close attention.........

On 5/9/2018 at 10:57 PM, Willyville Guy said:

The Andre the Giant documentary I recently watched makes me worry about the health care decisions this kid and his family are facing.  Complicated situation for a 14 yr old.

They now have the surgery to cut out the pituitary gland and end the giganticism that Andre had. The pro-wrestler known as the Big Show had that surgery and he stopped growing shortly after having that surgery. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Too big too soon. Doesn't translate into a long career. Sounds more like a genetic disorder.

Well, to this point they are suggesting he is healthy.  His trainers are cognizant of his rapid growth and are being careful not to put too much strain on vulnerable joints.  He also sounds like a well rounded and intelligent young man.  He's in to music, art and robotics, and plays a mean game of chess.  His mom is 6'3" and if his father  is well above average, his size may not be due to any metabolic disorder.  I would assume they have tested for such things. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.