Johnny Manziel Hospitalized

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I generally agree but the guy has been alleged to hit a girl.  

I always thought his talent was completely overrated.  He was a really good college qb but  I never envisioned he could be a good nfl, even without the other stuff.  But if he is truly learning from the mistakes and trying to make himself a better person, I wish him the best.  But he’s more likely to be the next Chris Herren than Tom Brady.

Okay?

How simpleminded do you have to be to not be able feel sympathy for a fellow human being, while also condemning their actions and mistakes?  Are folks in this day and age truly incapable of holding two separate thoughts in their head at the same time?  Maybe we should just kill Johnny, because he's clearly so irredeemable in C.Biscuit97's anonymous online eyes.

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

So the kid is diagnosed bi-polar, which itself is a sentence I would wish on nobody, and you have zero sympathy. Let me guess you are a christian

by the way Lithium is some very serious medication

What?

Edited by jmc12290

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Okay?

How simpleminded do you have to be to not be able feel sympathy for a fellow human being, while also condemning their actions and mistakes?  Are folks in this day and age truly incapable of holding two separate thoughts in their head at the same time?  Maybe we should just kill Johnny, because he's clearly so irredeemable in C.Biscuit97's anonymous online eyes.

Haha, no one said that.  I just hate hypocrites. People feel more pity for Johnny Manziel than a guy who kneeled.  I love everyone who isn’t a total scumbag.  

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

What?

I didn't quote you so why quote me ? I aimed that at someone else.

Edited by ddaryl

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I always thought his talent was completely overrated.  He was a really good college qb but  I never envisioned he could be a good nfl, even without the other stuff.  But if he is truly learning from the mistakes and trying to make himself a better person, I wish him the best.  But he’s more likely to be the next Chris Herren than Tom Brady.

I agree with having sympathy for him.  I do wonder if some of the same people would have as much sympathy for Kaepernick than a drug abuser who has been alleged to hit women.

I thought he head plenty of ability. The 1st round talent was there, but he was too much of a sandlot QB for most coaches. 

We really won't know what he could have been, he was more concerned about getting wasted than playing football. 

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

I thought he head plenty of ability. The 1st round talent was there, but he was too much of a sandlot QB for most coaches. 

We really won't know what he could have been, he was more concerned about getting wasted than playing football. 

I thought he was gimmicky.  That offense is a stat padder and he would just run around and throw jump balls to Evans.  I also worry about guys who want to be famous and peak too early.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, no one said that.  I just hate hypocrites. People feel more pity for Johnny Manziel than a guy who kneeled.  I love everyone who isn’t a total scumbag.  

Are you Colin Kaepernick?  I've never seen anybody post as much about him in random threads than you.

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I didn't quote you so why quote me ? I aimed that at someone else.

I found it inflammatory and wanted to understand what your intention was.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I know you're not and I hope others follow suit.

This kid is in serious need of professional help.  I know he's a douche.  I know he hits girls.  But he doesn't deserve to die.  This is a very sad story.

Does he deserve to be the next New York Attorney General?

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Are you Colin Kaepernick?  I've never seen anybody post as much about him in random threads than you.

I found it inflammatory and wanted to understand what your intention was.

I just call out BS people who are more supportive of woman beaters and drug abusers than silent protestors.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought he was gimmicky.  That offense is a stat padder and he would just run around and throw jump balls to Evans.  I also worry about guys who want to be famous and peak too early.  

Nothing wrong with wanting to be famous. Remember Cam Newton's "entertainer and an icon" comment? 

I don't know if Cleveland was the right scenario for him. Even if it was a perfect environment, the coke lines in the bathroom and Vegas benders never game him a shot. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just call out BS people who are more supportive of woman beaters and drug abusers than silent protestors.

This has nothing to do with "support," it has to deal with empathy for your common man.  

Hey, look, I feel bad for Johnny Manziel and his struggles and wow, I also feel bad that Colin Kaepernick was punished for doing what he thought was right. Can you believe it?  I exist, right here!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Haha, wonder how much lithium they got him on, I'm on 2,100mg the max dose is 1,800, I've been on as high as 2,400 but I'm a bull with 20 years of bodybuilding and powerlifting experience, Johnny is what 5'8 180lbs? Could be lithium poisoning, he's a small guy and could be on a huge dose.

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Does he deserve to be the next New York Attorney General?

Say you're my property, WEO.   SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

This has nothing to do with "support," it has to deal with empathy for your common man.  

Hey, look, I feel bad for Johnny Manziel and his struggles and wow, I also feel bad that Colin Kaepernick was punished for doing what he thought was right. Can you believe it?  I exist, right here!

Amen, brother.

The worst part is some these guys just don't get it.......you play Football/Hockey ect. when your in 20's.

The door is closed by the time they wise up in their 30's.

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

It's unlikely he's on antidepressants, but avoiding any kind of drug/alcohol would be important.

Yes, I give a !@#$ about what happens to my fellow human beings.  What kind of monster are you?

Keep virtue signaling on a message board.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Haha, wonder how much lithium they got him on, I'm on 2,100mg the max dose is 1,800, I've been on as high as 2,400 but I'm a bull with 20 years of bodybuilding and powerlifting experience, Johnny is what 5'8 180lbs? Could be lithium poisoning, he's a small guy and could be on a huge dose.

In psychopharmacology, the "max dose" is generally "whatever works and the patient can handle."

And it could just as easily be Depakote, Lamictal, Carbamezapine, or various combinations of anti-psychotics and SSRIs.  And some of those can have really nasty side effects (Lamictal, for example, can cause a fatal skin rash where you skin basically just falls off).  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Keep virtue signaling on a message board.

"the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue."

Seeing as you're the one who demonstrated your "not-so-good character," does that constitute as !@#$ signaling?

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

In psychopharmacology, the "max dose" is generally "whatever works and the patient can handle."

And it could just as easily be Depakote, Lamictal, Carbamezapine, or various combinations of anti-psychotics and SSRIs.  And some of those can have really nasty side effects (Lamictal, for example, can cause a fatal skin rash where you skin basically just falls off).  

Johnny said he's on lithium and that's what caused it.

Lamotrigine funnily enough is one of the more well-tolerated drugs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jmc12290 said:

"the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue."

Seeing as you're the one who demonstrated your "not-so-good character," does that constitute as !@#$ signaling?

No so good character by not giving a... about someone who refuses to take care of them selves. There are too many people in this society that are in worse situations that wouldn't squander away what he has.

Dont give me this bleeding heart b/s, I just tend to give more compassion to those who genuinely need it.

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

No so good character by not giving a... about someone who refuses to take care of them selves. There are too many people in this society that are in worse situations that wouldn't squander away what he has.

Dont give me this bleeding heart b/s, I just tend to give more compassion to those who genuinely need it.

There are worse people off than you, and I still sympathize with you.

Our hearts are infinite friend. We truly have the capacity to care about everything.  I can care about the poor, and the environment, and Johnny Manziel.  My heart hasn't exploded yet.  Give it a try.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Johnny said he's on lithium and that's what caused it.

Lamotrigine funnily enough is one of the more well-tolerated drugs.  

Yeah, I saw that after I posted.  

I know lamotrigine is well-tolerated (I take it), but hell if that "fatal skin rash" thing doesn't scare the hell out of me.  "It's well-tolerated...there's just a very small minority of people whose skin falls off and they die, but most people are perfectly okay."  Imagine saying anything like that about air bags or romaine lettuce.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

There are worse people off than you, and I still sympathize with you.

Our hearts are infinite friend. We truly have the capacity to care about everything.  I can care about the poor, and the environment, and Johnny Manziel.  My heart hasn't exploded yet.  Give it a try.

Our hearts may be infinite...but my days are finite, and I can't spend ALL of it worrying about everything.