RB Kenjon Barner visiting Bills

9 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Say what you want, Beane never rests lol.

In other words you want to say something obvious that applies to 100% of NFL GM's but want to frame it as something extra.

Even the retrospectively bad Buddy Nix.......supposedly asleep during FA.......was constantly tinkering with the roster.     He plucked a lot of solid long time NFL players off waivers and other teams PS.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In other words you want to say something obvious that applies to 100% of NFL GM's but want to frame it as something extra.

Even the retrospectively bad Buddy Nix.......supposedly asleep during FA.......was constantly tinkering with the roster.     He plucked a lot of solid long time NFL players off waivers and other teams PS.

Nope

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I like his skill set.  Small and shifty with solid hands.  Shorter more elusive version of a Cadet.  I see those 2 competing for #3

That was my 1st thought since Cadet is coming off a pretty bad injury.

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

we do not mind older RBs do we?    I always thought fresh legs were needed in the backfield every season but this FO and staff doesn't seem to like RBs under 30 

I would imagine the idea is since we are going with a young and/or inexperienced QB, they want a vet RB in the backfield with him.

At least I hope that's what they are thinking as I too prefer younger RBs.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Nope

Yeah it's exactly what you're saying.

We heard the same things about every GM we've had during their honeymoon.

"Say what you want about Marv but he signed a whopping 18 free agents in his first offseason as GM..........he never rests!"

"Say what you want about Whaley but he traded a bust LB we were going to cut for a 10 sack pass rusher in Hughes.........greatest steal trade for Bills ever and it was in May!.......he never rests!"

"Say what you want about Russ but he runs the franchise......scouts and serves as GM.......and juggles a half dozen broads on the side........he never rests!"

And so on.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah it's exactly what you're saying.

We heard the same things about every GM we've had during their honeymoon.

"Say what you want about Marv but he signed a whopping 18 free agents in his first offseason as GM..........he never rests!"

"Say what you want about Whaley but he traded a bust LB we were going to cut for a 10 sack pass rusher in Hughes.........greatest steal trade for Bills ever and it was in May!.......he never rests!"

"Say what you want about Russ but he runs the franchise......scouts and serves as GM.......and juggles a half dozen broads on the side........he never rests!"

And so on.

....nope

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.

And f you don't want people to say what they want about your take then don't implore them to.:doh::lol:

Barner is a fringe player if even that, my comment was strictly facetious, and you took it in a totally different direction.

So again. Nope.

Edited by BillsFan17

always liked him and felt he never got his due. 

He and I exchanged tweets.

It was when the internet story about the British girl who thought that the US president was Barraco Barner. I asked him if he had an uncle who was president.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

*shudder*  we do have concerns at OT, don't we?

Think it's possible they may be looking for experience in the backfield as a counterweight to a less experienced center and a rookie or low-playing-time QB?

what are you eventalking about ?

keep the introspective stuff at home.

dare i call it.. insightful.

geez loiuse
I do feel he would be a decent enough pick up.

Did he play with Shady at Philly

ps

i have made note that we need  aguy who plays shady style ball. and Ivory is a great change of pace. But Barner can spell Shady with similar play calls in place perhaps ?

had hoped for younger talent in that role , but watevz