RB Kenjon Barner visiting Bills

33 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

what are you eventalking about ?

keep the introspective stuff at home.

dare i call it.. insightful.

geez loiuse
I do feel he would be a decent enough pick up.

Did he play with Shady at Philly

ps

i have made note that we need  aguy who plays shady style ball. and Ivory is a great change of pace. But Barner can spell Shady with similar play calls in place perhaps ?

had hoped for younger talent in that role , but watevz

Barner just turned 29 a week ago but he has only carried the ball around 70 times with 17 catches in his pro career so he is still fresh as far as wear and tear goes. This guy was electrifying in college, he can catch passes and also was a good punt and kick returner with 4.4 speed (4.44 at the combine and 4.39 at his pro day). I think he would be a good backup for Shady with Ivory as a change of pace/short yardage back.

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I don't understand why people knock the idea of bringing in guys that they know a lot about. 

Has it worked well yet? 

Tolbert? Big time no

KB? Not yet

star? Hopefully but it cost a lot more than many expected

if kB and star turn out great this year I’d imagine the comments slow down 

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I assume if they signed him, it would be at the expense of one of the depth guys they already have - like Tarvaris Cadett or Taiwan Jones.

Its a good trio to fight for 1-2 spots. 

Not the the nicest thing to say but with late cuts any guy that doesn’t make it is likely able to be picked up deep into the season too. 

• Like (+1) 1

For everyone saying he is old keep in mind the guy has never had a full workload as a RB, he is a ST player. I watched him live at Oregon multiple times, he was a beast, I am not saying sign the guy necessarily but he doesn't have the same amount of carries a normal 29 y/o RB would have.

• Like (+1) 1

At 29 he fits the Bills mold of older and talent deficient running backs (save for McCoy).

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

B? Not 

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Has it worked well yet? 

Tolbert? Big time no

KB? Not yet

star? Hopefully but it cost a lot more than many expected

if kB and star turn out great this year I’d imagine the comments slow down 

Its a good trio to fight for 1-2 spots. 

Not the the nicest thing to say but with late cuts any guy that doesn’t make it is likely able to be picked up deep into the season too. 

You are absolutely right it hasn't worked yet and it reeks of bringing in their own guys just because of that in and of itself. KB cannot separate, Star was atrocious if you look at his numbers analytically, Tolbert was the joke of the team last year, and guys like Kealin Clay simply steal roster spots. 

I may be in the minority but I am not impressed with the talent building on this roster esp in free agency. 

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

At 29 he fits the Bills mold of older and talent deficient running backs (save for McCoy).

You are absolutely right it hasn't worked yet and it reeks of bringing in their own guys just because of that in and of itself. KB cannot separate, Star was atrocious if you look at his numbers analytically, Tolbert was the joke of the team last year, and guys like Kealin Clay simply steal roster spots. 

I may be in the minority but I am not impressed with the talent building on this roster esp in free agency. 

So much angst over a 3rd / 4th RB...

• Haha (+1) 1

Kinda thought he would be announced as signed this am. Good fit for that 3rd RB spot. Seems we've seen a number of vet FA visits this offseason that haven't panned out. With the limited cap space, perhaps Beane is playing a game of hardball like no other.

36 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Don't we already have like 5 RBs on the roster currently?

Could use another for camp. Especially because Shady will probably be in bubble wrap 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

You're not?

I'll give you Mike Tolbert and to an extent Andre Holmes. Yet then you have Micah Hyde & Jordan Poyer, who were both free agent signings. I admit that I was underwhelmed when we signed Poyer, but he became a key player in our secondary. I also like Patrick DiMarco, but for some reason we don't know how to use him.

Then there were the trades that got us Jordan Matthews and E.J. Gaines. Yes they are no longer with us, but they were effective, they just had problems with injuries.

What about last year's draft? Look at the play of Tre'Davious White & Dion Dawkins. Zay Jones was very disappointing, but we can't give up on him after one season. Look at how Matt Milano came along.

This year we probably gave Star Lotuleilei more than he deserved, but it's way too early  to think he will be a liability. Then there's Trent Murphy, who should flourish in this system. Chris Ivory may not be the most exciting pick-up, but he'll be a far better back-up to Shady than Tolbert was.

Now we have this year's draft. We got one of the top quarterbacks in the country in Josh Allen, a quarterback with the best potential that we have drafted in a long time. 

Then we got Tremaine Edmunds. Probably the second best linebacker in this year's draft! Did you think we had a shot at getting him?

We also got Harrison Phillips, who could be a steal! Add in Taron Johnson & Siran Neal, who should give us good secondary depth and Wyatt Teller, who could be a potential starter for us, and you are looking at a spectacular draft by the Bills this year.

So tell me, what is it about the talent building on this roster that does not impress you?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Your posts are absolutely horrific......anytime you want to get off the bus there are plenty to take your seat sir.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

You're not?

I'll give you Mike Tolbert and to an extent Andre Holmes. Yet then you have Micah Hyde & Jordan Poyer, who were both free agent signings. I admit that I was underwhelmed when we signed Poyer, but he became a key player in our secondary. I also like Patrick DiMarco, but for some reason we don't know how to use him.

Then there were the trades that got us Jordan Matthews and E.J. Gaines. Yes they are no longer with us, but they were effective, they just had problems with injuries.

What about last year's draft? Look at the play of Tre'Davious White & Dion Dawkins. Zay Jones was very disappointing, but we can't give up on him after one season. Look at how Matt Milano came along.

This year we probably gave Star Lotuleilei more than he deserved, but it's way too early  to think he will be a liability. Then there's Trent Murphy, who should flourish in this system. Chris Ivory may not be the most exciting pick-up, but he'll be a far better back-up to Shady than Tolbert was.

Now we have this year's draft. We got one of the top quarterbacks in the country in Josh Allen, a quarterback with the best potential that we have drafted in a long time. 

Then we got Tremaine Edmunds. Probably the second best linebacker in this year's draft! Did you think we had a shot at getting him?

We also got Harrison Phillips, who could be a steal! Add in Taron Johnson & Siran Neal, who should give us good secondary depth and Wyatt Teller, who could be a potential starter for us, and you are looking at a spectacular draft by the Bills this year.

So tell me, what is it about the talent building on this roster that does not impress you?

Hyde and Poyer are the two moves that really stand out.............and they were likely Whaley moves.

Whaley had absolutely nailed the Lorax and Z. Brown LB signings the year before as well..........so it seems consistent with his stellar pro personnel work.

I don't know who to credit/blame for the 2017 draft........on one hand McD was accused of stealing Carolina's board and it seemed like McD gave a favorable deal to his old boss Andy Reid's team on draft day..........but then there were stories about McD being unhappy because Whaley drafted Zay Jones when McD preferred JuJu.

Since Beane got to town after net returns they basically traded Watkins for Kelvin Benjamin........dumped Dareus........and then had an offseason that's received mixed reviews because most of the players they signed or drafted are guys with a lot to prove.   

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hyde and Poyer are the two moves that really stand out.............and they were likely Whaley moves.

Whaley had absolutely nailed the Lorax and Z. Brown LB signings the year before as well..........so it seems consistent with his stellar pro personnel work.

I don't know who to credit/blame for the 2017 draft........on one hand McD was accused of stealing Carolina's board and it seemed like McD gave a favorable deal to his old boss Andy Reid's team on draft day..........but then there were stories about McD being unhappy because Whaley drafted Zay Jones when McD preferred JuJu.

Since Beane got to town after net returns they basically traded Watkins for Kelvin Benjamin........dumped Dareus........and then had an offseason that's received mixed reviews because most of the players they signed or drafted are guys with a lot to prove.   

We are in a rebiuld....the returns are not in yet.

I still think Shane Vereen makes sense as a #3 with all of his experience in the Pats system. 

Another name I like, Orleans Darkwa from the Giants. He would make an interesting #3, has some potential and was originally signed as a UDFA by Dennis Hickey when he was with the Dolphins. 

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I still think Shane Vereen makes sense as a #3 with all of his experience in the Pats system. 

Another name I like, Orleans Darkwa from the Giants. He would make an interesting #3, has some potential and was originally signed as a UDFA by Dennis Hickey when he was with the Dolphins. 

Paul Perkins was also just cut by the NYG

• Like (+1) 1