RB Kenjon Barner visiting Bills

27 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Can he play RT?

*shudder*  we do have concerns at OT, don't we?

21 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

we do not mind older RBs do we?    I always thought fresh legs were needed in the backfield every season but this FO and staff doesn't seem to like RBs under 30 

Think it's possible they may be looking for experience in the backfield as a counterweight to a less experienced center and a rookie or low-playing-time QB?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Think it's possible they may be looking for experience in the backfield as a counterweight to a less experienced center and a rookie or low-playing-time QB?

I also figure older rbs have blitz pickups and blocking responsibilities down pretty well.

7 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I don't understand why people knock the idea of bringing in guys that they know a lot about. 

I know, how do these people contain their excitement for a 29 year old back up RB?

It's not like they haven't brought in another old back up RB from Carolina before who flopped.

Or traded for a Carolina WR who they ended up cutting and who went back to Carolina. Why would anyone not get excited for another Carolina pick up?

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I also figure older rbs have blitz pickups and blocking responsibilities down pretty well.

Barring injury, I'd be pretty surprised if he's the 3rd down RB.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

*shudder*  we do have concerns at OT, don't we?

we liked older RBs last year too backing up Shady, nothing wrong with having experience back there especially in pass protection.    But running backs over 28 tend to have durability issues, if they sign Barner it's a  good thing might as well have a stable back there of experience.   

17 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I know, how do these people contain their excitement for a 29 year old back up RB?

It's not like they haven't brought in another old back up RB from Carolina before who flopped.

Or traded for a Carolina WR who they ended up cutting and who went back to Carolina. Why would anyone not get excited for another Carolina pick up?

Barring injury, I'd be pretty surprised if he's the 3rd down RB.

Who said anything about getting excited? Should we expect Barner to supplant Shady or something? 

If he improves the roster, good. He'll be a 3rd/4th back that can return kicks, or at worst, a camp body. 

But people act like familiarity with a player is a bad thing. I don't see it as a GM doing a favor for a friend, but rather bringing in a player that he knows a lot about to try and improve the roster. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat