Cover1 - Tremaine Edmunds post draft video

Just watched the video. Teams will have a tough time throwing over the middle with Edmunds and Poyer lurking behind him. I expect a lot of tipped interceptions until teams learn not to throw into his zone. I think he and White will be the cornerstones of our defense for the next 5+ years.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Nobody can cover Gronk with a Brady throwing to him. Nobody. It’s just a football fact we have to accept. 

But Edmunds can make it hard as hell at least. And that’s not nothing.

Tre picked Brady once and almost had a second the game he got elbow dropped.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Has there ever been more unanimous love for a Bills draft pick?

When was the last time a six foot five 255-pound 4.5 linebacker who was 19 years old, was in the draft?

(With tape that shows he learns IN game)

The fact the kid wasn't a top-five pick and we got him is astounding

Edited by JaxBills

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Might be my favorite draft pick in the last 20 years.  Would be nice to have a perennial All Pro MLB for the next 10+ years 

I've been bitter since the 49ers snatched Patrick Willis right before the Bills. Granted Lynch panned out and they got Poz later, but I really wanted Willis. Poz was solid, but it's kinda funny how similar the situation is now. Poz and Preston were solid MLB's, albeit not flashy or spectacular while Willis and Edmunds are much more athletic with a much higher ceiling.

I'd be pretty happy if Edmunds panned out similar to Willis, hopefully a longer career though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Tre picked Brady once and almost had a second the game he got elbow dropped.

Tre had a few nice plays to be sure and I loved the way he was up for the challenge and the grit he showed vs. such a physically superior player. But at the end of the day, in the two games against us last season, Gronk was targeted 18 times for 14 catches, 214 yards, and a TD. Holding him to one score is nice, but his production killed us none the less. Like other teams, we got in his way a bit, but didn’t stop him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Tre had a few nice plays to be sure and I loved the way he was up for the challenge and the grit he showed vs. such a physically superior player. But at the end of the day, in the two games against us last season, Gronk was targeted 18 times for 14 catches, 214 yards, and a TD. Holding him to one score is nice, but his production killed us none the less. Like other teams, we got in his way a bit, but didn’t stop him.

Good stuff, I do wonder what numbers he had while being covered but Tre but the point is still made. Edmunds is another viable option in coverage and when trying to defend Brady/Gronk you need multiple approaches.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Nobody can cover Gronk with a Brady throwing to him. Nobody. It’s just a football fact we have to accept. 

But Edmunds can make it hard as hell at least. And that’s not nothing.

Edmunds has the right combo of height, speed, weight and talent to actually challenge him.

8 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Great breakdown. Like Juice said, seeing him make adjustments in game after getting beat is great to see. He'll get beat at times, but he's going to make a lot of plays.

Before the draft I didn't realize how much of an athletic freak he is. I can't wait to watch him play. This makes me like the Star signing even more and having Phillips there to develop into another block occupying DT. That said, he's even got the length and size to stack and shed guards who do get the 2nd level. He's also basically like a DE when he comes on a blitz, RB's aren't going to have an easy time picking him up. 

I absolutely love this pick and can't wait to see him out there. 

I'm glad I read all of the comments before posting because it would have sounded exactly like your post otherwise.  It's exactly what I was thinking watching the video.  I liked picking up Star and love where we drafted Phillips but was pretty concerned about the pass rush because they're not really pocket collapsing guys but combined with Edmunds, I'm intrigued.  I wouldn't be stunned if he led the team in both tackles and sacks this season.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

At first I was confused when he showed up in #25 in some of the highlights. Now I see that it was an honor that he earned.

I am VERY excited to see the impact he has on this Defense!

Yeah they give it to a different defensive guy every week

I'm not sure about the exact criteria to earn it that week

The kid's a boss though

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Edmunds has the right combo of height, speed, weight and talent to actually challenge him.

Challenge, yes. Stop? I’ll believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Challenge, yes. Stop? I’ll believe it when I see it. 

I didn't say he would stop him or even slow him down, I just said he has a better chance due to his measureables.  His size is scary in the middle of a defense, especially behind good defense tackles that eat blocks.  Very excited to see what he can do this year.  He will have a lot on his plate but I think he can handle it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

NFL Insiders predict Defensive Rookie of the Year

ESPN NFL Insiders

Mike Sando, senior NFL writer: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Buffalo Bills. Coach Sean McDermott seems to be able to develop players and feature them properly. The role Edmunds plays should give him ample opportunity to make some splash plays.

I would not be surprised at all if he end up being the DROY.

Edited by MtlBillsFan

On 5/8/2018 at 9:52 AM, baskingridgebillsfan said:

he is huge with long arms . He is going to be awesome on passing downs from the beginning .  It is going to hard to throw over the middle with him parked 8 -10 yards deep looking like he is covering the entire middle of the field 

Not just long arms, but strength in his arms and hands.

One thing that stood out to me is his ability to bring the guy down when he just got his hands on him with extended arms.

Hope that translates to "NFL strong" RB and WR

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not just long arms, but strength in his arms and hands.

One thing that stood out to me is his ability to bring the guy down when he just got his hands on him with extended arms.

Hope that translates to "NFL strong" RB and WR

Agreed. He has a big "tackle radius." (Which isn't a thing, but should be.)

I HAVE heard his style of tackling used as a criticism, however. Maybe on draft night? He's a grabber, someone said, rather than a hitter.