Cover1 - Tremaine Edmunds post draft video

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I might have been ambivalent at best about Allen, but Edmunds looks like he could anchor our defense for the next 10 years.

15+, baby...he's only 20!

"... and as the season progressed, his process and execution improved." 

Teams are going to take advantage of his rawness and unfamiliarity. And there will be times where his speed and athleticism can be exploited by getting him to over-commit at the snap, but if he can stay on that "improve as he goes" trajectory, the sky is the limit for this kid. Especially if he can get a firm grasp on the mental aspects of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The only thing going to stop Edmunds is an injury. 

I just don’t see anything from him that says he can’t be special for a long time. I am a UGA fan and big time lover of Roquan Smith. I honestly think Edmunds  has the ability to be everything Roquan can be. 

I think he has the chance to be better.  Smith while amazing, is very small and wouldn't be able to cover tight ends like Gronk.  Edmunds might have a chance.

I was not happy with this draft because of the excessive cost and risk of the first  round pick, but this is an A++ pick. His upside is huge. We really had a ton of critical  holes we were not able to fill because of the cost of the 1st round pick, but he sure potentially filled one of them. If he performs anywhere close to his potential and can avoid injury. I see a Probowl in his future.

49 minutes ago, simpleman said:

I was not happy with this draft because of the excessive cost and risk of the first  round pick, but this is an A++ pick. His upside is huge. We really had a ton of critical  holes we were not able to fill because of the cost of the 1st round pick, but he sure potentially filled one of them. If he performs anywhere close to his potential and can avoid injury. I see a Probowl in his future.

None of those 2nd round picks were a guarantee to pan out......this was our chance to knuckle down and actually take a QB with potential.

.....but we might have to wait a while on that potential.

I honestly wonder if Beane and McD were thinking just that.......take a QB who might need to hold a clip board but not give up that other 1st rounder so there was a player that could start and produce immediately.

I think the trade off (to start) between Edmunds and Brown is gonna be a wash.

Brown.....solid....sure tackler....could not cover and not athletic enough sideline to sideline.  Exploited because of that

Edmunds....all the athletism in the world to cover and get side line to sideline.......but undeciplined and young...will be exploited because of that

But Edmunds is ours and will get better game by game like Milano did.

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I don't think you'll see him chasing down WRs that easily in the NFL just because if you're a NFL WR and you see him in your rearview, you're using every gear you have, i mean running like there's a grizzly chasing you.   

Well the FO fails again. Drafts a Grizzly instead of a polar bear. When will the Bills get it right....?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm going to remain skeptical about Allen over Rosen, but that almost feels like a bonus pick. If Edmunds hits as a "franchise" MLB and White proves what he showed last year, you'll take that all day in back to back 1st rounds.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm going to remain skeptical about Allen over Rosen, but that almost feels like a bonus pick. If Edmunds hits as a "franchise" MLB and White proves what he showed last year, you'll take that all day in back to back 1st rounds.

Phillips too, last year we didn't have a DT who could hold the middle and take on those double teams so the LBs could be free to make tackles.  If you watch the New Orleans tape they walled off Preston Brown consistently and just ran all over us that game.  With Star and Phillips that should never happen this year. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think he has the chance to be better.  Smith while amazing, is very small and wouldn't be able to cover tight ends like Gronk.  Edmunds might have a chance.

Nobody can cover Gronk with a Brady throwing to him. Nobody. It’s just a football fact we have to accept. 

But Edmunds can make it hard as hell at least. And that’s not nothing.

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

He's only 19 but he is going to have big fat Kyle Williams and Star Lotulelei protecting him and keeping him clean and I'm sure Tremaine liked that Harrison Phillips pick in the 3rd round!

Maine had some pretty big dudes playing DT in college for him as well.....Ricky Walker (6'2" 304 lbs) and Tim Settle (6'3" 329 lbs).

I'm a big fan of Edmunds; however, if anyone thinks he's gonna come in and dominate right away, you might wanna pump the brakes a bit.  The NFL is a big step up from the college game and Maine had his issues in college with regards to reading plays and guessing.  I have no doubt he can learn and get better.....but it's gonna take a little time.  His upside is huge.....he just needs to get in the film room and put a lot of work into the mental part of his game.  

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Crazy as it sounds, I think this kid could basically erase Gronk.

That was my first thought - I need to see more about his coverage ability, but with an aging gronk and a super young edmunds will make me excited. Though if he lines up at MLB, expect milano to be covering gronk with poyer and or hyde. I really hope we get to see him cover gronk though, or at least top tier TE's to see what his versatility is like.