Sporting News ranks Top 25 QBs for 2018

Sky Diver

Two Alabama QBs are in the top 11 and their 3rd QB, Mac Jones, lit it up in the A-Day game.

Tua is a stud and he's only a sophomore. I can't wait to watch him play this year.

And they have Tua's brother and Bear Bryant's great-grandson waiting in the wings.

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/Sporting-News-ranks-Top-25-QBs-for-2018-118010106

Edited by Sky Diver

If Allen flames out Trevor Lawrence is *probably* the next great QB target for the Bills in 2021.    That is a good class in general.    Tua looks very promising but will probably declare before they've ultimately decided on Allen.

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Allen flames out Trevor Lawrence is *probably* the next great QB target for the Bills in 2021.    That is a good class in general.    Tua looks very promising but will probably declare before they've ultimately decided on Allen.

Trevor Lawrence is going #1 overall , bank on it

even if Allen sucks I don’t believe we will pick first in 3 years

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Trevor Lawrence is going #1 overall , bank on it

even if Allen sucks I don’t believe we will pick first in 3 years

That's the way it looks to me but it's a very good class of QB's with some Favre and Russ Wilson comps.........he isn't the unquestioned top QB from this class like Rosen was and Rosen was excellent from day one..........and Rosen obviously didn't go #1.

As far as picking #1 in 3 years.........the roster is one of the least talented in the NFL and still reliant on key older players like Shady, KW, Hughes, Lorax, Ivory, Vontae and a WR1 in Benjamin who is both hard to justify paying and a short-career risk.    If the QB position doesn't excel and the team gets discouraged and stops playing out of their head for the HC it could get real ugly for a couple years.   We got a glimpse of what it could look like in that 3 game stretch where they gave up 45 points per game.  

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's the way it looks to me but it's a very good class of QB's with some Favre and Russ Wilson comps.........he isn't the unquestioned top QB from this class like Rosen was and Rosen was excellent from day one..........and Rosen obviously didn't go #1.

As far as picking #1 in 3 years.........the roster is one of the least talented in the NFL and still reliant on key older players like Shady, KW, Hughes, Lorax, Ivory, Vontae and a WR1 in Benjamin who is both hard to justify paying and a short-career risk.    If the QB position doesn't excel and the team gets discouraged and stops playing out of their head for the HC it could get real ugly for a couple years.   We got a glimpse of what it could look like in that 3 game stretch where they gave up 45 points per game.  

I would say he is the unquestioned #1. He has 4 years of high quality play

He is the #1 player in the country by 247, Rosen wasn’t... the #2 QB Fields is a dual threat and doesn’t translate to the NFL as well as Lawrence does. Even though he is amazing 

ive talked to scouts who said Lawrence is good enough to get drafted this year if it was possible. He is the best 18 year old QB I’ve ever seen live. And I’ve seen fields 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I would say he is the unquestioned #1.

He is the #1 player in the country by 247, Rosen wasn’t... the #2 QB Fields is a dual threat and doesn’t translate to the NFL like Lawrence does

ive talked to scouts who said Lawrence is good enough to get drafted this year if it was possible. He is the best 18 year old QB I’ve ever seen live. And I’ve seen fields 

Rosen was good enough to get drafted in round 1 after his freshman year as well..........hell he looked like a pro QB at elite 11...........but being so highly prepared and polished he reached something of a ceiling almost immediately and then his flaws started showing and being dissected.

That happens in all sports.   Lawrence is impressive though.......like I said he is the target for 2021and it's really not hard to envision a Bills roster that ranks at best in the late 20's in terms of talent eventually bottoming out if a few of the very few picks they've had don't pan out.    If they have a couple real bad seasons Pegs will get trigger happy and the next rebuild might have a "tank for Lawrence" agenda.     

I think they Bills have made a few personnel mistakes that are going to require a lot of hard work and excellent coaching to overcome.   Hoping for the best but looking at the track record of a guy like Daboll in previous OC jobs or Culley with no QB coach experience etc.. shouldn't inspire supreme confidence in any objective observer.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rosen was good enough to get drafted in round 1 after his freshman year as well..........hell he looked like a pro QB at elite 11...........but being so highly prepared and polished he reached something of a ceiling almost immediately and then his flaws started showing and being dissected.

That happens in all sports.   Lawrence is impressive though.......like I said he is the target for 2021and it's really not hard to envision a Bills roster that ranks at best in the late 20's in terms of talent eventually bottoming out if a few of the very few picks they've had don't pan out.    If they have a couple real bad seasons Pegs will get trigger happy and the next rebuild might have a "tank for Lawrence" agenda.     

I think they Bills have made a few personnel mistakes that are going to require a lot of hard work and excellent coaching to overcome.   Hoping for the best but looking at the track record of a guy like Daboll in previous OC jobs or Culley with no QB coach experience etc.. shouldn't inspire supreme confidence in any objective observer.

I fully agree

Just now, Sky Diver said:

No, I think we're set.

Hurts is going to transfer when he loses the battle to Tua

Tua became my favorite college QB at last years spring game when he was still technically in HS lol you could just see that magic 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Hurts is going to transfer when he loses the battle to Tua

Tua became my favorite college QB at last years spring game when he was still technically in HS lol you could just see that magic 

I agree. The kid is special.

Mac Jones outplayed Hurts in the A-Day game. Maybe Jalen was pressing?

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

So the 2nd best QB in college football has thrown 24 passes that matter in his career?

I understand there's no bigger stage, but either there's some major recency bias at work here or the state of college football QBs is really really bad.

No, he's just that good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

So the 2nd best QB in college football has thrown 24 passes that matter in his career?

I understand there's no bigger stage, but either there's some major recency bias at work here or the state of college football QBs is really really bad.

He was a 5* recruit with rare ability to spin the ball

he might not be #2 but definitely top 5-10

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

image.thumb.png.8dcc838ca252a67674591d3d2ddd7d33.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.