Zane Beadles cut by 49ers

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I get that but he was signed to be the starter and most likely is No.1 on depth chart to start camp

We'll see... In all reality, I could see him starting or being cut.  Neither would really surprise me.

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I get that but he was signed to be the starter and most likely is No.1 on depth chart to start camp

I don’t agree that he was signed to be the starter. He’s making the same as Groy. 

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I have a feeling the Bills aren’t going to sign anyone yet for interior line help. The staff is going to see how Bodine, Groy, Miller, Ducasse, and Teller shake out for starters and depth. Tackle is more concerning. At least between Bodine, Groy, Miller, and Ducasse there are some quality NFL starts. Once you get past Dawkins, Newhouse and Mills at tackle, what is left is a big unknown. Heck even Mills and Newhouse are hopes that they play the best they ever have to be decent.

Agreed.

I think in June or July we see this team add either a WR or OL veteran using the 5-6 million in cap space (outside of the believed 5-6 in reserve the want to keep and their rookie signing dollars).

...or a LB.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i would assume bodine will be under center with a.j. having worked with him for 4 yrs.

that being said, i would think...dawkins / groy,teller / bodine / miller,ducasse / newhouse

I think with that line up & the possibility of a FA or a UDFA showing in the mini camp the depth along the line & line play

(as long as the O line coach is as good as they say he is) shouldn't be as big of a problem as every one thinks !! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i hadn't thought about that lately...since drafting teller. i guess i wouldn't be surprised if richie showed up around july, but i'm ready to move on. this was likely his last year here anyway. we were gonna face this turnover starting next year, but i think it will work out better going through it this year.

I think they would rather trade Richie than bring back a head case. But I guess it depends how the new kids are doing.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He was a bust in Jacksonville as a big free agent signing and I think it is because he is a poor fit for power running teams. He really excelled as a zone based lineman because finesse and speed is more his game than power.

Do we know yet what type of scheme we're running this year?  I don't recall hearing that. 

Edited by BillnutinHouston

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

He never signed the contract and even if he did there is no excuse for asking a Prowl bowl player to take a pay cut.

nuff said....

No, nuff not said.  What is the source for the "He never signed the contract" claim?  I have not seen that reported.

I have seen it reported that he asked to be released from his contract, which would be superfluous if he never signed it - it wouldn't be a valid contract.

The "pro bowl" is more or less a fan popularity contest at this point so "meh".   Football is a business.  The salary cap is brutal.  Many great players who are on the downhill slope of their career are asked to take a pay cut.  If that wasn't OK with Richie, he should have said "No."

Regardless, if Richie signed and then had "signer's remorse", there are appropriate, professional ways to handle that, including firing his agent and finding a new agent privately, presenting his arguments in private to the team, and finally using leverage (holding out, threatening retirement or actually retiring, but not stating that he's retiring for medical reasons).  Firing his agent on Twitter and staging a public hissyfit on twitter, then claiming he needs to retire for medical reasons, are not examples of those appropriate professional ways.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Do we know yet what type of scheme we're running this year?  I don't recall hearing that. 

Most people assume Daboll is bringing more of a power running scheme. Multiple tight ends, full backs, power and gap plays etc. It's what he has always done at different stops in New England, Miami, KC, Cleveland. I guess no one knows definitely, but it seems like that is where things are going. 

Here are potential landing spots for Dez Bryant and the best remaining NFL free agents

Zane Beadles (OL)

Three teams that should target him: Seahawks, Bills, Vikings

The Bills also could use some offensive line depth after being hit hard by retirement this offseason. Over the past three months, both Richie Incognito and Eric Woodhave announced they're done with football, although Incognito is already trying to unretire, so there's a small chance he could be back. The Bills also lost starting left tackle Cordy Glenn, who was traded to the Bengals in March.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:37 AM, Doc said:

RI may want to come back, but I think the Bills have moved on. 

And and I see the line as: Dawkins-Teller-Groy-Miller-McDermott and I’m okay with that. 

He shows up and we cut him and eat the dead money? 

On that note— Ritchie went from nonstop 24 hour a day twitter bender to radio silence. Truly I wonder if something happened, and he’s now trying to put things back together. I’d be interested if a reporter could get any update from him, or his friends/family about what’s been going on with him this offseason 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

On that note— Ritchie went from nonstop 24 hour a day twitter bender to radio silence. Truly I wonder if something happened, and he’s now trying to put things back together. I’d be interested if a reporter could get any update from him, or his friends/family about what’s been going on with him this offseason 

At a guess...he interviewed new agents and they every one said "if you want us to represent you, Shut Up Richie"

But yeah, one does wonder if he was on some kind of bender and someone finally caught up to him with a butterfly net.  His last tweet before radio silence descended:

Scott Gorman is the director of a Crisis Intervention company, "Crisis Case Management".  His bio says he used to work for the NFLPA.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/8/2018 at 5:50 AM, billsredneck1 said:

i would assume bodine will be under center with a.j. having worked with him for 4 yrs.

that being said, i would think...dawkins / groy,teller / bodine / miller,ducasse / newhouse

I think there will be competition, but certainly having a center your QB is somewhat familiar with can only help.

Am I correct that Bodine was strictly center, not center/OG?  'Cuz usually you want your backup guy to be both.

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think there will be competition, but certainly having a center your QB is somewhat familiar with can only help.

Am I correct that Bodine was strictly center, not center/OG?  'Cuz usually you want your backup guy to be both.

i believe he started at c every game since he was drafted and if i remember correctly, he didn't give up a single sack last year.

i really don't know that much about him, but i'm sure a.j. knows very well what his butt feels like. having worked together can't hurt.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Not sure how they’ll approach it if he shows up.