Matt Koffler, Joe Dufek, Vince Ferragamo, and Gale Gilbert

41 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Will no one shed a tear for Billy Joe Hobert and his epic 1997 season of despair? Not since another Billy Joe went off the Tallahatchee Bridge was there a more tragic tale. Pass the biscuits please...

...you win....I surrender......NO way in hell to top that.....:D

21 hours ago, OJABBA said:

I do. You left out Bruce Mathison.

I have to say, despite his repulsiveness, OJ had a damn cool running style.

I remember Dan Manucci and David Humm, who were set to play in San Francisco in 1980 after Ferguson got injured the week before in New England.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:31 AM, Domdab99 said:

I forgot that Andre Reed had a career before Jim Kelly. 

I sorta remember Matt Kofler...the name, at least...he looked ok. 

I remember Matt Robinson more as a NY Jet. 

Did we win the Thad Lewis/Cinci game where he came back from down 14? I forget so much lol. 

...but seriously, who the eff was Willie Totten?

I was at that Bills/Bengals/Thad Lewis game. The Bills lost in OT. 

I remember David Humm as a Buffalo Bill.  AHowever, knew nothing about his Raiders life and what he meant to them, even though his stats are e trembly limited.  The only three TDs of his career came in his first season.

he passed away on March 27th due to complications from ms.

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Behind_The_Scenes_Raiders_Visit_EA_Sports/e9e898e3-7f39-4f61-8c60-b5d74b0b9e39

Forgive the above, as I have tried twice and can't link to the proper video.  However, it is on the scroll below in the link that you can click. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

11 hours ago, JPL7 said:

Kofler looked solid in those clips. I googled him and read that he passed away about 10 years ago. :( RIP

He was actually married to a girl I went to HS with.  Many years ago spent a night with him eating wings and BSing about the Bills.  

I remember when they drafted him, I used to have a random San Diego State T-shirt I got from the irregular bin at champion that I used to wear all the time in HS - suddenly it had purpose.

Just out of curiosity I looked up Gale Gilbert on Wikipedia and apparently he plead guilty to sexual assurance before signing with the Bills. I just find it interesting because you would think this would not fall under the Marv  character guidelines.

Edited by Leonhart2017

On 5/8/2018 at 7:44 PM, Mickey said:

Will no one shed a tear for Billy Joe Hobert and his epic 1997 season of despair? Not since another Billy Joe went off the Tallahatchee Bridge was there a more tragic tale. Pass the biscuits please...

Admitting that he didn't study the playbook. What a Tuel.

And yes I unfortunately remember all of these QBs.

Edited by BillsFanNC

On 5/7/2018 at 9:43 PM, klos63 said:

Dennis Shaw was Rookie of the Year

Yeah, no fair putting Dennis Shaw in with these other losers. Shaw was my first Bills hero when I was a little kid. (Hey, that was life as a Bills fan post-Kemp, pre-Ferguson. Maybe even post-Ferguson too.) :sick:

On 5/7/2018 at 11:31 PM, Domdab99 said:

I forgot that Andre Reed had a career before Jim Kelly. 

I sorta remember Matt Kofler...the name, at least...he looked ok. 

I remember Matt Robinson more as a NY Jet. 

Did we win the Thad Lewis/Cinci game where he came back from down 14? I forget so much lol. 

...but seriously, who the eff was Willie Totten?

I have a special place in my heart for Thad Lewis. There's the concept of the "replacement level player" in baseball, kind of the extra infielder/outfielder/spot starter-long reliever who's always out there getting DFA'd, looking for another job. In the NFL, Thad Lewis fit the bill perfectly for QBs. And here's the weird thing: there's a lot of guys who've played a lot more than him who are far less competent than him. Thad Lewis is 2-4 as a starter with an 81.4 QB rating. If you take a team with a middling talent level like the 2017 Bills and stick Thad at QB, I firmly believe that the floor is something like 5-11.

Remember the flap about wearing wrist bands with the plays on them? 

Cheat sheets!

I think it was Ferragamo that really got blasted for that by media.  He joined the Bills quickly and didn't have time to memorize play book   Ex-SuperBowl Qb using a cheat sheet.

Now?  It's common place... Even supposedly "GOAT" cheat with headphones in helmet.  Just imagine what they would have said about that?  Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Staubach... Use headphones to cheat?

My have times change.

Those Qbs didn't have info given to them like they do now!