Go get Tanner Gentry

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

When he get cut ?

Soon I think ... He did get cut after getting elevated originally last year, and the Bears have since drafted Anthony Miller and signed Allen Robinson so he might be available

6 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I think a good comparison to Gentry might be Chris Hogan...similar size, speed, vertical jump...both workout fanatics. 

Hogan is bigger, faster, quicker and stronger.

But they're both white. So good comparison. ;)

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

While we're at it maybe we can dig up Allen's childhood dog, Patches.  He really loved that dog.  They went everywhere together until that freak accident with the wood chipper.

A TBD instant classic!

I'd like to get Tanner too. Best bet might be to just wait and see if he's cut/placed on practice squad and then Buffalo can scoop him up. Obviously he almost certainly wouldn't be the upgrade that Buffalo so desperately needs though.

6'1" 4.58 40.  I guess my reaction is that he was a big fish in a small pond at Wyoming.  He got big numbers at Wyoming because he was Wyoming's best receiver and he played at a lower competition level.  Josh Allen is going to have lots of time before he gets on the field to discover some new favorite receivers.  I bet he'll develop a strong liking for Brandon Reilly, who is a bit bigger and faster than Gentry, and catches everything thrown in his direction.  I mean, going out and getting Gentry wouldn't be the worst decision the Bills ever made, but I just don't think in the long run that it would have much impact on Josh Allen's development and production.

Edited by TigerJ

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Gentry was Trubisky's favorite target in camp. And Hollister has been with New England for 2 years and contributed in preseason this year. Had 2 TD''s called back. Not sure they would be stars by any means, but they couldn't hurt the Bills, that's for sure.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/01/bears-waive-wr-tanner-gentry/

No need to trade, go sign him.

• Like (+1) 1