Go get Tanner Gentry

While we're at it maybe we can dig up Allen's childhood dog, Patches.  He really loved that dog.  They went everywhere together until that freak accident with the wood chipper.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 14

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

While we're at it maybe we can dig up Allen's childhood dog, Patches.  He really loved that dog.  They went everywhere together until that freak accident with the wood chipper.

Put him in the pet semetary!

• Like (+1) 1

As the resident Wyoming/Allen fan round these parts, I’m ashamed to say this had yet to occur to me.  That’s a really good idea, actually.  Bears seemed to like him in the preseason last year but he didn’t see the field much in the regular season.  Gentry was insane in 2016 with Allen.  Big, fast and excellent hands/catch radius.

Professional career[edit]

Gentry signed with the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2017.[1] He was waived on September 2, and was signed to the Bears' practice squad the next day.[2][3] On September 12, Gentry was promoted to the active roster.[4] On September 17, in the 29–7 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Gentry had two receptions for 27 yards in his NFL debut in Week 2.[5] He was waived on September 19, 2017 and was re-signed to the Bears' practice squad the next day.[6] He was promoted back to the active roster on October 11, 2017.[7] He was waived on November 11, 2017 and was re-signed to the practice squad.[8] He signed a reserve/future contract with the Bears on January 1, 2018.[9]

52 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

The Bills ought to consider trading for Tanner Gentry, a receiver for the Bears.  Gentry was Josh Allen's favorite receiver at Wyoming.  He was the target for a lot of Josh's most spectacular passes in 2016.https://youtu.be/UNSHAU2cxUA  It be great to get them together again.

Just wait until the Bears cut him in late August.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Cap and process. Not seeing any significant signings. I think McBeane believes this WR crew is better than we think they are.

So many people aren't giving Benjamin any credit.  The guy is a monster when utilized correctly.  Zay can certainly turn it around in year two.  People gotta remember this is still a run first team.  Next offseason will be a fun one with all of the cap.

• Like (+1) 3

But golly, the problem is that we are loaded, absolutely loaded with Wide Receiver talent. Given our stable of fleet footed, tall, sticky-handed, shifty pass catchers, how could we possibly make room for Gentry?  Its a real puzzler.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure he makes the Bears. He was their version of Brandon Reilly. Lit up camp, was on the practice squad, called up and played a little at the end of the season. But if you don't want to wait for them to cut him, then I guess a move make sense. You could trade them Adolphus Washington, who I still think is more of a 3-4 end. 

I'd love to get ahold of Jacob Hollistor too if he doesn't make the Pats. The dude is the perfect H-back type of player Daboll has used in the past. Might as well get Allen's band back together. 

• Like (+1) 2