5-7: Greg Cosell Reviews the 2018 Draft on One Bills Live

I listened to this segment and it was pretty good.  Basically he considers both Allen and Johnson as "raw" and needing time to develop.  I was a little surprised how he wasn't very familiar with the Bills defense.  He asked if he was going to lineup on the outside and rush the passer.  By all indications it seems like he'll be the starting MLB where he played in college.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I listened to this segment and it was pretty good.  Basically he considers both Allen and Johnson as "raw" and needing time to develop.  I was a little surprised how he wasn't very familiar with the Bills defense.  He asked if he was going to lineup on the outside and rush the passer.  By all indications it seems like he'll be the starting MLB where he played in college.

Cosell knows a lot about QB, he sort of specializes and doesn't seem to have the depth at other positions.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Listening carefully to what he doesn't say.  I kind of don't like the "it's always a debate, Steve, and you know this, about what can be coached and what can't" even though he adds "but there's a lot of positive traits to work with, with Josh Allen".  But maybe that's just my EJ Hangover nerves.

I like what he had to say about Wyatt Teller.  He seems to feel he has great physique and is capable of being an NFL starter, but that for some reason he's not consistent.

So if he can be coached/persuaded to improve his consistency we might have something.

1 minute ago, Paul Costa said:

Who’s Johnson? Do you mean Edmonds?

I assume Taron Johnson, DB, Bills 4th round pick.

Edmunds sorry phone spell check

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Listening carefully to what he doesn't say.  I kind of don't like the "it's always a debate, Steve, and you know this, about what can be coached and what can't" even though he adds "but there's a lot of positive traits to work with, with Josh Allen".  But maybe that's just my EJ Hangover nerves.

I like what he had to say about Wyatt Teller.  He seems to feel he has great physique and is capable of being an NFL starter, but that for some reason he's not consistent.

So if he can be coached/persuaded to improve his consistency we might have something.

Ok thanks

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, that's not just your EJ Hangover nerves.

Allen is a 3rd/4th round project who likely will never come good.

EJ was the same.  The fact that we took both guys way higher than that doesn't change who they are.