Zay Jones - 2018

New to this forum.  I’m a lonely Bills fan in Santa Barbara. 

Im curious about everyone’s opinion of Zay Jones for the upcoming season.  I know he has nowhere to go but up, but will he blossom this year and make a major contribution?  I think a solid performance by him could go a long way to getting this offense to the middle of the pack. 

• Like (+1) 1

I bet he steps up. Less nerves less pressure in his 2nd year since he knows what being the NFL is like week to week. I bet hes been hittin the jug machine like crazy this off season... well except for thzt time he jumped out a  window or some sht

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I expect we will see a truer representation of his talents and that will be a huge help to the overall offense.

...didn't he play with a torn labrum most of the season?.............

• Like (+1) 2

He didn't get as much separation as I had hoped he would last year, but he's a smart player, scored some TD's had some nice body control on the sideline throws.   I think he improves as a blocker for sure, with that shoulder back to 100%.   Zay seemed like the best receiver at the senior bowl against some top corners.

I think it's likely that he's always going to drop balls, but less than his rookie year or he'll obviously be out of football.   I don't think it was some sort of complex mental condition, but many other people do.  Hope I'm wrong and the magic wand makes him catch everything this year.

I was yelling at the TV for them to grab Smith-Schuster last year, similar speed to Zay (4.5 range) but the kid got huge separation and seemed to play faster than Zay.   If Allen turns out to be good, Zay could climb the ladder with him.

• Like (+1) 2

Athletes always say if your thinking about catching the ball your not going to.  I think that was Zays problem.  More mental then anything.  Alot of recievers get the drops.  He just needs to get his confidence up and just let his talent and body do the work..shut off the brain.  

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 2

It's just about impossible to predict a player's future, but I'm buying into the explanation that his injury, though he played through it, had a significant negative impact on his productivity..  When he started the season, I also think he was pretty nervous, and that's why he had a lot of drops.  As the season continued the percentage of drops dropped, and he became more reliable.  I'm not predicting, but I'm hopeful that given all the changes (new QB, new OC and offensive system, being healthy and having a year of experience) will all be possitive factors for him and he will have a much more productive year.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Welcome aboard!  I think Zay will become the guy they drafted, a go to guy this year.

He showed signs of turning the corner until the knee injury.  He was making tough catches and getting open.  While he was hurt Deonte emerged and Zay never really challenged him for the spot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

New to this forum.  I’m a lonely Bills fan in Santa Barbara. 

Im curious about everyone’s opinion of Zay Jones for the upcoming season.  I know he has nowhere to go but up, but will he blossom this year and make a major contribution?  I think a solid performance by him could go a long way to getting this offense to the middle of the pack. 

Welcome.

No way to tell, really.  One can hope that maybe the injury hampered him, but I would never have predicted his abysmal performance last year, so what do I know?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloTX said:

Neither was Eric Mould's first 2 years. He was a 1st round pick

Exactly right. Many thought Moulds was a bust until he exploded in his third year. He was a beast. Different guy than Zay, but the kid will find his way.

• Like (+1) 1