Zay Jones - 2018

Just now, artmalibu said:

Look in the drops stat and it is 9.5%.  https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/zay-jones/    

I would love to see the video of the 7 drops.  If it would be a highlight reel catch situation I wouldnt call it a drop.  With all the hate on this guy Im surprised that no one has made a Zay  drops video other than the dropping of his pants.. 

I know that. It’s lower because they count the uncatchable targets in its calculation. I’m removing those because he had no chance to catch or drop them. 7/47 catchable targets (according to their site) equals 14.9%

12 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The way Buffalo used Sammy, especially after what they traded for him, will forever piss me off.

In theory, and what he did in college did not jibe one bit as to how he was used in Buffalo. 
it became waste of major talent imo.
Perhaps the Bills , as built could not execute a bubble screen ?
 and thank you for reminding how much that pissed me too..

Hey lets teach him how to block for the fullback off tackle !!!!!!

9 hours ago, HiddenInLight said:

I do admit that at a certain point last season I had started to curse at Tyrod for even targeting Jones on important downs.

sadness was upon us 

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

Look in the drops stat and it is 9.5%.  https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/zay-jones/    

I would love to see the video of the 7 drops.  If it would be a highlight reel catch situation I wouldnt call it a drop.  With all the hate on this guy Im surprised that no one has made a Zay  drops video other than the dropping of his pants.. 

me myself and I 

Have not picked up on this thing you call " hate " :P
 Kid has plenty to prove. plenty.

just what I watched from last NFL season.
 I would be delighted he comes around and makes us Bills Proud !

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Except for what? Moulds rookie year was in like 97 or 96. It's such an awful comparison. They're not the same style of receiver either. 

Anyone who wants to compare Moulds first two years to Zays is clueless. They're probably the same people who compared EJs first season to Unitas first starts. The game has changed, stop it with this stupidity.

Agreed comparing Unitas to EJ  would be stupid, (gee look who thought of that one)  The game hasn't changed that much from 97 to now to say it's a stupid comparison.  I understand when someone doesn't see things your way stupid people don't know what to say.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agreed comparing Unitas to EJ  would be stupid, (gee look who thought of that one)  The game hasn't changed that much from 97 to now to say it's a stupid comparison.  I understand when someone doesn't see things your way stupid people don't know what to say.

I disagree, I think the game is way different than it was in 97 but perhaps not everyone does.

I'm lazy so I haven't looked up the stats but I'd be convinced their is more 4000 and 3000 yard passers. Which would imo inherently translate to receivers stats. I'd go with more TDs too, however, I think last year was an outlier. It seemed the games were lower scoring, and less TDs vs FG than the 5 years that came before it. 

On May 7, 2018 at 1:53 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

New to this forum.  I’m a lonely Bills fan in Santa Barbara. 

Im curious about everyone’s opinion of Zay Jones for the upcoming season.  I know he has nowhere to go but up, but will he blossom this year and make a major contribution?  I think a solid performance by him could go a long way to getting this offense to the middle of the pack. 

I know it's a bit of a hike, but you should take the drive down to Buzby's in Santa Monica for a Bills game, or two this season. The LA Bills Backers get the back half of the bar- three rooms- and the turnout is huge. It's a trip to be around so many displaced Western New Yorkers, and avid Bills fans. 

On 5/7/2018 at 4:53 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

New to this forum.  I’m a lonely Bills fan in Santa Barbara. 

Im curious about everyone’s opinion of Zay Jones for the upcoming season.  I know he has nowhere to go but up, but will he blossom this year and make a major contribution?  I think a solid performance by him could go a long way to getting this offense to the middle of the pack. 

Athletically, he could be as talented as OBJ, but he’s got bad hands in his head. 

If he fixes that he’s a pro-bowl caliber athlete.