Saints Cut Coby Fleener

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

This guy was given Luck and Brees and couldn't live up to the hype. His starting career is over. Can't block either.

Not to mention Fleener was also Luck's TE for 3 years at Stanford.  It appears that chemistry requires a certain level of talent.

I still think Tight End can be upgraded. Clay has never played up to his horrible contract and has no knees, O'Leary is a solid depth guy but when Clay has missed games and he has been the starter it has been clear he isn't good enough to do that. 

As for Logan Thomas.... I can't believe folks are still hoping there might be something there. He had ample chances last year. He can't run routes and he can't catch. He is worthless. 

EDIT: I forgot to say Fleener is not the upgrade required. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Why would we need Colby Fleener when they have Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary who came into his own last year, and Logan Thomas who they have developing while WR is paramount by comparison to add for pass catcher.

Because Fleener is a much better WR than any of those 3.  O’Leary is a nice TE2 but if you can get Fleener to come in a decent deals, I’d take him

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think Tight End can be upgraded. Clay has never played up to his horrible contract and has no knees, O'Leary is a solid depth guy but when Clay has missed games and he has been the starter it has been clear he isn't good enough to do that. 

As for Logan Thomas.... I can't believe folks are still hoping there might be something there. He had ample chances last year. He can't run routes and he can't catch. He is worthless. 

EDIT: I forgot to say Fleener is not the upgrade required. 

It’s a make of break year for Thomas.  Size and athleticism only get you so far. 

I kept reading his name over and over, then I realized I know nothing around him so I quickly said no.

Not sure why but it seemed like the smart thing to do...

16 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I've heard of him. 

Git er done.

Zane Beadles a versitile OL, played OG and OT and doesnt miss football games. 

This would be a nice signing for a team with depth ???s on the OL

He had 3 yrs left on a 5 yr deal and the Saints are eating a lot of dead cap this year just to get rid of him. If I read it right, his dead cap hit this year is the same as his cap hit would have been if he played.