Saints Cut Coby Fleener

5 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Allen's 6'5 and Fleener's 6'6. Maybe they just play monkey in the middle?

Never would've guessed he was 6'6, certainly doesn't use his size to his advantage the way you would imagine.  Big no on Fleener, let him go back to Indy on the vet minimum, then on to the XFL.

Edited by ThunderGun
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I liked Hunter Henry a few years ago. Has he been any good?

Henry has only been in the league 2 years. He had a pretty solid year last year. 576 yards 4 TD's off 45 receptions. All numbers up from the previous years except TD's where he had 8 of those his rookie year. Henry was splitting time with Gates last year so he should be in line for an increase in production. 

If he's healthy I'd give him a shot. I know everyone complains about the "I heard of him" posts. The guy has had subpar production the last few years which just so happens to be better than the tight end production we have gotten for last, oh maybe 20 years. Runs a 4.5 and is very large. Seems like he was pressing to live up to his lofty contract. You can't love Brandon Reilly and Nick O'Leary and say this guy sucks. 

If if you don't like talking about released guys who get cut, you guys better buckle up because:

A. A bunch of dudes will get released over the next month.

B. Our GM specifically stated that he saved cap space for these very moments. 

Just sayin. 

4 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

Never would've guessed he was 6'6, certainly doesn't use his size to his advantage the way you would imagine.  Big no on Fleener, let him go back to Indy on the vet minimum, then on to the XFL.

I don't get how anyone on offense can suck with Drew Brees under center, but -- Well, there you have it!

18 hours ago, corta765 said:

Why would we need Colby Fleener when they have Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary who came into his own last year, and Logan Thomas who they have developing while WR is paramount by comparison to add for pass catcher.

we wouldn't. I like our TEs