Gregg Rosenthal: AFC East Projected Starters

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

We are going to be praying for the return of Tyrod by Week 4.

Yeah, the QB notorious for making offensive lines look better than they are.  I'll sacrifice the ability to run around for throwing to the open guy.  

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I have just a couple differences on OLine. I believe it will go

LT: Dawkins

LG: Ryan Groy

C: Russell Bodine

RG: John Miller

RT: Marshall Newhouse

Bodine and Newhouse are depth. Cincy and the Raiders let them go to upgrade the position. I say:

LT:   Dawkins

LG:  Teller

C:     Groy

RG:  Miller

RT:   Mills

I think the Bills have good coaching, and expect the team to have an "up and coming" attitude, which means guys playing to win, instead of just picking up paychecks. That's a pretty big difference (if it happens). 

No one here really has any idea whether or not Josh Allen will be ready to start this season. We will all have to wait until training camp to get any real feel for Allen. 

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Bills will not be throwing the ball much this year. Problem is teams will load up to stop the run. AJ McCarron and these WRs will not help at all keep DBs back. Dez Bryant won't change that. Jeremy Maclin a better fit.

Absolutely, I’d much rather the Bills sign Maclin than Dez.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Seeing the names all spelled out like that in black and white is not encouraging.

Have a look at who the QB is, the WR corps, and the OL, in particular.

Same negative vibes as last off-season. Same comments, I expect similar outcome... 9-10 wins

By my calculations and personal opinion, we improved every group except OL. Including WR, based on adding KB and losing highly ineffective Matthews and Thompson(27 rec, 1 TD), that's an upgrade all day.

So , I disagree completely with this assessment.. This doesn't include elite coaching staff.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Weird how many bad starters the Bills have on the OL. Im talking players that have started multiple seasons but are considered terrible. Bodine, Ducasse, Mills, and Newhouse could all be starters this year.

It's Literally the only positional group that got weaker.

We upgraded every other group.

I'm more optimistic. Groy,Miller and Teller can easily be starting depending what happens,and we got a 2nd year stud at LT. 

Also don't sleep on Connor McDermott at RT..

Could be Dawkins-Teller-Groy-Miller-McDermott

With a plethora of veteran backups..

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Absolutely gross. 

Lmao. How is losing Thompson a gain? He was their most productive receiver which says a lot about how bad these guys are. 

I expect the defense to be improved and solid, but the offense will be down right bad, IMO.

The WR positional group is better than it was last off-season is what I'm saying.

KB- Zay- Kerley-Streater-Holmez-3 rookies > Matthews-Rookie Zay-Thompson-Holmes..Clay & Shady are not being accounted for either, so lets pump the brakes. KB, who is healthy now, gives us a legit # 1 WR, which we didn't have last year.

Yea, Thompson and his 1.8 rec per game and 1 TD is such a huge loss ,smh...?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The WR positional group is better than it was last off-season is what I'm saying.

KB- Zay- Kerley-Streater-Holmez-3 rookies > Matthews-Rookie Zay-Thompson-Holmes..Clay & Shady are not being accounted for either, so lets pump the brakes. KB, who is healthy now, gives us a legit # 1 WR, which we didn't have last year.

Yea, Thompson and his 1.8 rec per game and 1 TD is such a huge loss ,smh...?

He wasn't on our team until week 6. 2.45 receptions per game, including a 100 yard game as his debut on the team.

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

That's dumb. Makes zero sense. I would feel much better about Josh Allen if he could sit behind someone like Tyrod for 2 years. Hopefully McCarron can fill that role, we just don't know.

Call it what you will.  I just preferred not to pay a quarterback 16 million dollars a year to do what Tyrod does.  His quarterbacking in the playoff game set the forward pass back a half century.  I cannot believe any fan who watched him play the last three years would sign up for it again.  But, different eyes see different things I suppose.

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Call it what you will.  I just preferred not to pay a quarterback 16 million dollars a year to do what Tyrod does.  His quarterbacking in the playoff game set the forward pass back a half century.  I cannot believe any fan who watched him play the last three years would sign up for it again.  But, different eyes see different things I suppose.

I'm anxious to see what happens this season. 

16 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Bodine and Newhouse are depth. Cincy and the Raiders let them go to upgrade the position. I say:

LT:   Dawkins

LG:  Teller

C:     Groy

RG:  Miller

RT:   Mills

This is what I am thinking too, I think Miller wins the RG job this year with the switch back to a power scheme

I'm not overly concerned about the starting WRs but depth is more an issue. Granted, much will depend on what Daboll draws up but I believe McCarron will throw more and WRs will be more likley put into a position to succeed.  If it was based solely on lack of talent the Bills would be out-of-luck, but I don't think that's the case with the current receivers.  

Benjamin is a solid receiver.  Last year didn't have much going for it.  KB probably didn't mesh with TT, the defense planned for him, could used more practice time with the starter, he got hurt, etc, etc.  It's not know if he'll get on the same page with McCarron but there's a good chance to work an entire off-season they'll be a decent combo and could easily get to 65+ catches.  Performance Potential:  2017 - 5/10   Projected 2018 - 7/10

Zay Jones - I have faith that his talent will overcome whatever issues he had last year.  It seems to be all mental and if he could work that out, Zay will be a solid contributor with 45+ catches.  2017 - 2/10  Projected 2018 -  6/10

TE - I think the Bills will get a lot of Clay and Nicklaus' Grandson.  They both played well last year and if healthy, they'll continue to do so in 2018.  2017 - 7/10  Projected 2018 - 7/10

Third WR - 2017 was a mess, with a few flash in the pan performances but no one able to solidify the position.  Assuming lack of PED won't harm his ability, Kerley is better than anything the Bills had at this position last season and has the potential for 40+ catches.  

Holmes is decent 4th WR but the depth after him gets cloudy but there's a chance one of the draft picks could set up.  

so funny the same negitivity reigns supreme this offseason that did last year, so funny and none of these clowns ever owns up when we far outpace expectations.If this roster had the name Dallas or New York on it, theyd be predicting 8-8 at least.

I agree with the starting lineup except OL:

LT-  Dawkins

LG-Teller

C-Groy

RG-Miller (or Ducasse, who actually did alright last year)

RT-McDermott (although this one is up for grabs)

23 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Seeing the names all spelled out like that in black and white is not encouraging.

Have a look at who the QB is, the WR corps, and the OL, in particular.

Maybe you will be praying for Tyrod's return, but not me.  Done with that.  It is way too early for the doom and gloom predictions.