Gregg Rosenthal: AFC East Projected Starters

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Even if we end up with the #1 pick I will not be praying for the return of Tyrod Taylor. 

That's dumb. Makes zero sense. I would feel much better about Josh Allen if he could sit behind someone like Tyrod for 2 years. Hopefully McCarron can fill that role, we just don't know.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Bodine pretty much has to be starter at this point.  With Wood and Incognito starting makes sense to move Groy to Guard and start Bodine as a Center unfortunately. We shall see how it goes... Alabama has always had good linemen even when their talents didn't translate to the NFL. At this point we gotta hope that Dabolls scheme is just that good. We all thought our linemen sucked the year we hired Roman but we turned into one of the best. It's not the individuals... It's how well they play together that makes a great oline

Yeah looks like Bodine is starting unless Beane signs someone which I think is a big possibility...

Another possibility is Teller at OG but that is probably expecting too much first year...

I don’t think Newhouse will start at all and could be an early cut...

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/20/17141958/russell-bodine-turned-down-long-term-contract-offer-bengals#comments

For anyone unfamiliar with Bodine and his level of suck. I hope someone beats him out for the spot.

Weird how many bad starters the Bills have on the OL. Im talking players that have started multiple seasons but are considered terrible. Bodine, Ducasse, Mills, and Newhouse could all be starters this year.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I think RT is going to be garbage, but the interior of the OL might not be THAT bad.  Miller , Teller, Bodine are all young-ish guys who could surprise and  Groy played well when he's been put in.  It sure would be nice if they kissed and made up with Richie, plugging him in at LG, Bodine / Groy fighting it out for center and Miller / Teller / Ducasse maybe Groy fighting out RG would seem a whole lot better on paper.

I think some people need to recognize what this is.  Young / unknown guys are going to be given shots to earn PT and roles moving forward at Oline / WR / LB.  If some stick, great, if not, we'll go after it hard in FA and the draft next year.

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Weird how many bad starters the Bills have on the OL. Im talking players that have started multiple seasons but are considered terrible.

Not weird to me. Look how many of them weren’t brought in via the draft, then look at the pathetic contracts. Bodine got something like 5 mill for 2 years. The guy they did pay (Wood) and the one they lowballed (Incog) are now retired.

If you’re not drafting quality olinemen you are over paying for them in FA. Beane hasn’t had time to draft them and it looks like he refuses to overpay interior guys.

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think RT is going to be garbage, but the interior of the OL might not be THAT bad.  Miller , Teller, Bodine are all young-ish guys who could surprise and  Groy played well when he's been put in.  It sure would be nice if they kissed and made up with Richie, plugging him in at LG, Bodine / Groy fighting it out for center and Miller / Teller / Ducasse maybe Groy fighting out RG would seem a whole lot better on paper.

I think some people need to recognize what this is.  Young / unknown guys are going to be given shots to earn PT and roles moving forward at Oline / WR / LB.  If some stick, great, if not, we'll go after it hard in FA and the draft next year.

The OL has a mix of vets and young guys. We hope the young guys can beat out the vets. Dawkins - Teller - Groy - Miller - McDermott is better because of the unknown.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

Groy is underrated. Our O Line looks bad tho. John Miller can be good if we go back to the power blocking scheme

We are running a power scheme.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Not weird to me. Look how many of them weren’t brought in via the draft, then look at the pathetic contracts. Bodine got something like 5 mill for 2 years. The guy they did pay (Wood) and the one they lowballed (Incog) are now retired.

If you’re not drafting quality olinemen you are over paying for them in FA. Beane hasn’t had time to draft them and it looks like he refuses to overpay interior guys.

I agree that they are not spending much on the OL and there is that old adage that you get what you pay for...

$5Mil for 2 years is back up Center money so that's why I'm not convinced they have Bodine pencilled in to start.......

On another matter about crazy money... I cant get over Seantrel Henderson getting $4M for 1 year...How many games has that dude played the last couple of years?

Edited by Aussie Joe

Looks spot on minus the OL.  I expect Teller to challenge for the spot at LG.  If not Teller, than groy.  I thought Miller got a raw deal last year but considering that he couldn’t start over Ducasse, I can’t envision him starting this year.  

Imo, the best line would be:

Dawkins

Teller

Bodine

Groy

Bum either way

If Teller isn’t ready, then groy at LG and Ducasse/Miller at RG. Not sure if McDermott wants to start both Groy and Bodine though as if they both got hurt, we’d have zero centers.  Can’t wait to see what our looks like in 2019.  This could get real ugly fast

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are already however praying for the departure of fading pain

He keeps promising, but the pain never actually fades away.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Looks spot on minus the OL.  I expect Teller to challenge for the spot at LG.  If not Teller, than groy.  I thought Miller got a raw deal last year but considering that he couldn’t start over Ducasse, I can’t envision him starting this year.  

Dawkins

Teller

Bodine

Groy

Bum either way

If Teller isn’t ready, then groy at LG and Ducasse/Miller at RG. Not sure if McDermott wants to start both Groy and Bodine though as if they both got hurt, we’d have zero centers.  Can’t wait to see what our looks like in 2019.  This could get real ugly fast

For no particular rational reason, I am hoping McDermott is a good surprise at RT.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He keeps promising, but the pain never actually fades away.

For no particular rational reason, I am hoping McDermott is a good surprise at RT.

I think I know the particular reason.  The other 2 guys are bums.  Big boy project that was drafted by the Pats.  I also think he a chance to win the job.  But he’d probably be a bum too

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dawkins

Teller

Bodine

Groy

Bum either waya

I think this is close to how it will shake out. I wish I could find the link but apparently Newhouse played hurt most of last year & never used that as an excuse---will regarded by his team mates. Might be better than fans think. Also we'll probably add another guy in free agency or after cuts.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Seeing the names all spelled out like that in black and white is not encouraging.

Have a look at who the QB is, the WR corps, and the OL, in particular.

We are going to be praying for the return of Tyrod by Week 4.

Ha ha ha thanks for the laugh about Praying for the return of Tyrod. THAT ISNT GONNA HAPPEN

Hopefully, the Ravens release Austin Howard and we can grab him.  They drafted Orlando Brown Jr, signed James Hurst to a long-term contract and still have Howard.  Stanley is the starter on the left side. 

Another guy to look out for the Ravens releasing is Breshad Perriman.  Hasn't been able to put it all together in Baltimore.  Wouldn't mind taking a flier if he gets cut.