Gregg Rosenthal: AFC East Projected Starters

AFC East Projected Ptarters: Patriots deep; Sam Darnold to Start?

Buffalo Bills

WR: Zay Jones

OLB: Matt Milano

» McCarron has a strong chance to earn the Week 1 start, because Josh Allenwas the most undercooked quarterback prospect to get taken in the first round. It will be difficult for McCarron to keep the job, however, with that receiver group and an offensive line that lost two starters to surprise retirements.

» General manager Brandon Beane indicated after the draft that a veteran or two could be added to one of the least experienced receiver groups in football. Jones had a nightmarish rookie season, and Kerley is a journeyman. This is a squad that Dez Bryant would absolutely upgrade, although the signing would have a Terrell Owens getting a key from the city of Buffalo vibe to it.

» Shaq Lawson, the last first-round pick of the Rex Ryan era, figures to back up Murphy. The Billshanded the former Redskins player an aggressive contract, despite the fact that he's coming off a PED suspension and a torn ACL.

» Bills coach Sean McDermott spun magic in the secondary last year -- White, Poyer and Hyde all return after excellent seasons. Now, the team is counting on McDermott to turn Davis' career around. There isn't much depth at the slot corner position.

» It's hard to completely remake a defense in two offseasons, but Edmunds is the type of linebacker who can change Buffalo's entire profile on Sundays, like Luke Kuechly did for McDermott in Carolina.

Seeing the names all spelled out like that in black and white is not encouraging.

Have a look at who the QB is, the WR corps, and the OL, in particular.

We are going to be praying for the return of Tyrod by Week 4.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Seeing the names all spelled out like that in black and white is not encouraging.

Yeah, somehow it looked better in my mind.....

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I feel like they have Bodine plugged in at center.

Groy is super valuable wherever he will line up but I feel they signed Bodine to start

Groy is definitely valuable as a backup because he can play all 5 positions on the line,  and I don't know if he plays STs or not but I assume he does.   

I just remember Groy stepping in for Wood and doing an admirable job, if I were Groy I would want to be the starting center for sure.  I think the best 5 should play if that's not Groy then so be it.  

The roster is being completely remade and they are only about half-way through that process.  The defense appears upgraded and the offense seems to have lost talent overall without finding equivalent or better replacements.  I assume the plan next offseason will be to upgrade the offense with free agent acquisition and draft picks.  I think our offense will be our weak spot this season (and it may be very weak).

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

Groy is definitely valuable as a backup because he can play all 5 positions on the line,  and I don't know if he plays STs or not but I assume he does.   

I just remember Groy stepping in for Wood and doing an admirable job, if I were Groy I would want to be the starting center for sure.  I think the best 5 should play if that's not Groy then so be it.  

I agree but I think Groy should come in with the mentality to be one of the best 5 because Dawkins-Groy-Bodine-Miller/Teller-McDermott/Mills looks pretty good to me if all keep progressing 

its not super imposing by their names but they are all young hard workers who have experience to build on

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I agree but I think Groy should come in with the mentality to be one of the best 5 because Dawkins-Groy-Bodine-Miller/Teller-McDermott/Mills looks pretty good to me if all keep progressing 

its not super imposing by their names but they are all young hard workers who have experience to build on

I don't much care how imposing their names look as long as they get the job done.  Dawkins last year did an admirable job at LT and he's the defacto starter there now.   And I know people love to dog on Mills but it looks to me like we're going with him yet again and to be honest, things could be worse, they just need to give him help in certain situations.   He's not going to block Von Miller  1 on 1.  So lets not ask him to. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

QB is unknown and WR's need a deep threat badly.

I don't hate the OL yet, but that can change in camp and preseason. I think Miller can start but he did not play well with the new OL coach.

Bills will not be throwing the ball much this year. Problem is teams will load up to stop the run. AJ McCarron and these WRs will not help at all keep DBs back. Dez Bryant won't change that. Jeremy Maclin a better fit.

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I have just a couple differences on OLine. I believe it will go

LT: Dawkins

LG: Ryan Groy

C: Russell Bodine

RG: John Miller

RT: Marshall Newhouse

I think I’m going to puke...

Beane.., please sign someone..

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think I’m going to puke...

Beane.., please sign someone..

I expect Groy and Miller will have good seasons in Dabolls system.  Newhouse and Bodine both aren't good but atleast they have starting experience and are not no body's

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I expect Groy and Miller will have good seasons in Dabolls system.  Newhouse and Bodine both aren't good but atleast they have starting experience and are not no body's

Their previous teams fans had parties when Newhouse and Bodine moved on....

Im hoping neither is a starter..

The Bills had the chance to take Crosby in the 4th round but passed.... I’m hoping that means that they think McDermott might be ready at RT...

Edited by Aussie Joe

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Personally, I would like to see Mills cut. The sooner the better. 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Their previous teams fans had parties when Newhouse and Bodine moved on....

Im hoping neither is a starter..

The Bills had th chance to take Crosby in the 4th round but passed.... I’m hoping that means that they think McDermott might be ready at RT...

Bodine pretty much has to be starter at this point.  With Wood and Incognito starting makes sense to move Groy to Guard and start Bodine as a Center unfortunately. We shall see how it goes... Alabama has always had good linemen even when their talents didn't translate to the NFL. At this point we gotta hope that Dabolls scheme is just that good. We all thought our linemen sucked the year we hired Roman but we turned into one of the best. It's not the individuals... It's how well they play together that makes a great oline