Interviews/Commentary about Josh Allen (WY OC, Palmer, Joe B etc)

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rule #1.  Use the search function.  

I do it every time I create a thread.  

Discussions can be had for example in one Josh Allen thread.  

When certain people refuse to post in another persons thread ......   it is actually quite sad.  

In February I started a Bills cap salary thread and this person started their own an hour later.  

Truth of it ......  it is a better experience because of it.  

This is ridiculous.  How can you find content if you don’t know what to search for? For instance I clicked on the article because I thought the title sounded interesting.  I came here to look for subjects that are interesting.... I didn’t come here to search for Josh Allen, so I never would have found this thread.  

The mods here are pretty cool and generally do a very good job.  I hope they side with logic, as opposed to giving into the preferences of some long time members 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When certain people refuse to post in another persons thread ......   it is actually quite sad.  

In February I started a Bills cap salary thread and this person started their own an hour later.  

Do you know how many hundreds of pages and thousands of posts there would be in 1 Josh Allen thread if everything was condensed into it? It seems like you have a lot of time on your hands to sift through all that, which is fine, but to ask everyone to do it seems crazy. Just because a thread is about a player doesn't mean it's about the same subject matter regarding that player. With a new thread created about new content on a player, you can see up front if that's something you want to click on. And if not, it's a split second decision and you can keep scrolling down. Your way would require for everyone to sift through so much stuff that they might not be interested in to find any kind of new info. 

If you want to talk about sad...it's trying to stop people from having the experience they want on this site just because it's not what you want. Nobody's trying to stop you from posting something new in page 13 of an existing thread just because it's not the way they want to do it. My opinion of course, but I don't think the other side of the argument comes from a place of narcissism, whereas it seems like yours does. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

This is ridiculous.  How can you find content if you don’t know what to search for? For instance I clicked on the article because I thought the title sounded interesting.  I came here to look for subjects that are interesting.... I didn’t come here to search for Josh Allen, so I never would have found this thread.  

The mods here are pretty cool and generally do a very good job.  I hope they side with logic, as opposed to giving into the preferences of some long time members 

Some long time members are part of the issue we see here today. 

This is my second account here as I forgot the first ones info, so I too am a long time user and have learned that no one is above the rules.  

Hap is doing a good job of keeping things coherent and civil.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Because this was a great article that would otherwise be buried among sub threads.  Leave this on its own thread

My point wasn't that it should be merged.  My point was that it should be in its own thread.  Initial posters were complaining about thread creation, although some deleted their posts.

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Do you know how many hundreds of pages and thousands of posts there would be in 1 Josh Allen thread if everything was condensed into it? It seems like you have a lot of time on your hands to sift through all that, which is fine, but to ask everyone to do it seems crazy.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time.  

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Bingo. For obvious reasons, that part wasn't going to get a response from that person. 

7 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Do you know how many hundreds of pages and thousands of posts there would be in 1 Josh Allen thread if everything was condensed into it? It seems like you have a lot of time on your hands to sift through all that, which is fine, but to ask everyone to do it seems crazy. Just because a thread is about a player doesn't mean it's about the same subject matter regarding that player. With a new thread created about new content on a player, you can see up front if that's something you want to click on. And if not, it's a split second decision and you can keep scrolling down. Your way would require for everyone to sift through so much stuff that they might not be interested in to find any kind of new info. 

If you want to talk about sad...it's trying to stop people from having the experience they want on this site just because it's not what you want. Nobody's trying to stop you from posting something new in page 13 of an existing thread just because it's not the way they want to do it. My opinion of course, but I don't think the other side of the argument comes from a place of narcissism, whereas it seems like yours does. 

you would be surprised how quick you can find threads/posts/members with the search function and it would save all the sifting to boot. some may not be savoy enough to use it, obviously with so many duplicate threads on one subject. I found an article in less then a minute.

I don't think all the complaining is going to change anything so try the other avenue, search 

search.jpg

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Bingo. For obvious reasons, that part wasn't going to get a response from that person. 

I'll respond. if you can't find anything "new", go google buffalo bills or josh allen, you would be amazed at all you would find and most times don't have to look for it linked here from some one.  

many options

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you would be surprised how quick you can find threads/posts/members with the search function and it would save all the sifting to boot. some may not be savoy enough to use it, obviously with so many duplicate threads on one subject. I found an article in less then a minute.

I don't think all the complaining is going to change anything so try the other avenue, search 

search.jpg

You're missing the point about that. 

Let me ask you a question...of the people that actually read that Joe B article...how many of them do you think came on to the message board without having known it existed and said "hey, I hope there's a Joe B article on Josh Allen today, let me search for one!" Most, if not all, read it because they saw it posted either as a new thread or within this one after it was merged. And I would bet that of that group, most saw it when it was a new thread. 

So if someone just came here to look for some new, interesting stuff...they would have had to sift through 6 pages of this thread to find it. And maybe the mods of this board want it to go in that direction. I'm not on here everyday and don't post a ton so they certainly won't care if I leave, but I think they'll start losing some good people if it goes down that road. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I edited the title in response to your gracious and courteous contributory remarks.  Thank you.

Commentary and interviews together represent all the possible content there could be on Josh Allen. So it seems for no reason the site is migrating towards a one-thread-fits-all format, where each player will have a singular giant thread. It doesn't take too many seconds of thought to realize why that is a poor idea. Some aimless threads could use to be merged with others, but individual articles, videos, etc. are worthy of their own thread. Just my humble opinion. I didn't realize this was a problem before?

Edited by HappyDays

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I understand your point.  Really, I do.  But not every conversation about the same player is the same conversation.  I didn't want to participate in a thread that has multiple different topics that have been washed away into a mass of stupid crusaders.

But thanks for not getting my point.

15 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

search.jpg

I'll respond. if you can't find anything "new", go google buffalo bills or josh allen, you would be amazed at all you would find and most times don't have to look for it linked here from some one.  

many options

Ridiculous.... imagine if news sites were like this?  Again, most of use come here to find Bills related content.  In most circumstance we don’t know what we want to read until we read the titles.   I don’t come here thinking “I want to read to read about Josh Allen” or “I wonder what’s new with Shady?”  We read what we find to be interesting.

IMO I would agree that it’s ruing the experience here.

I’m not against thread mergers when they make logical sense.  But IMO I don’t see the Joe B article fitting into the huge long Josh Allen thread.  It makes no sense.

There’s a clear division here between members that want one huge long thread and others who want individual threads.   TSW Is a great place and I really enjoy my time here.  I’m hoping that the mods can come to agreement we can all live with @SDS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

Correct, however, the key thing to note is that he said he could. Its up to the individual to correct his flaws. He’s responsible for himself and no one else. He has to put in all the work, and when he does and the results dont work out he has to put in more work and analyze why it didnt work. There is not a magic accuracy pill or Doug Whaley and EJ Manuel would have purchased them all.

Thats the thing, unlike CH, Allen hasnt been doing it his whole life. He hasn’t received top coaching, etc... Give him a chance he deserves it.

That's the rub - guys don't improve their accuracy in the NFL in a meaningful way. 

Doesn't matter how hard a guy works off the field, once the bullets are real and defenders are actually trying to tackle him and intercept his passes, they all revert back to the inaccurate tendencies on film in college. 

Jordan Palmer literally said all the same things about Christian Hackenberg as he's said about Josh Allen. All the talk meant nothing in the past, so I don't get why anyone is supposed to believe Palmer this time around. 

Until Allen actually proves that he has the accuracy required to thrive in the NFL, all this stuff from "QB gurus" is just talk. 

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I understand your point.  Really, I do.  But not every conversation about the same player is the same conversation.  I didn't want to participate in a thread that has multiple different topics that have been washed away into a mass of stupid crusaders.

But thanks for not getting my point.

Some people are unfortunately more interested in settling perceived slights or carrying out some vendetta rather than making a positive contribution to the site that enhances the experience of the community at large.  It's pretty sad. 

• Sad 1