Interviews/Commentary about Josh Allen (WY OC, Palmer, Joe B etc)

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

That's the rub - guys don't improve their accuracy in the NFL in a meaningful way. 

Doesn't matter how hard a guy works off the field, once the bullets are real and defenders are actually trying to tackle him and intercept his passes, they all revert back to the inaccurate tendencies on film in college. 

Jordan Palmer literally said all the same things about Christian Hackenberg as he's said about Josh Allen. All the talk meant nothing in the past, so I don't get why anyone is supposed to believe Palmer this time around. 

Until Allen actually proves that he has the accuracy required to thrive in the NFL, all this stuff from "QB gurus" is just talk. 

You have an opinion. I just think making a declarative statement in saying all and everyone is usually not good. There is always some one that can and some one that usually does, otherwise we would still be living like cavemen. Im going to give the guy a chance just as I did the others until he shoes me he cant.

Just now, mead107 said:

Seems like mostly newbies are the ones that don’t like the merge of threads. 

Go back to Bbmb.  “O” that site no longer exists.  ????

I don't post year round.  But I'm no newbie.  It's fine.  It's their board.  It just feels unfair to end a good thread for the sake of someone's need to fit everything in a box. And now the box is filled.with crap and I have to search for what was just infront of me.....

Witch is why I don't post year round.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Seriously? You're going to merge this thread with others with links to interviews and make people click through every page on a wild goose chase to find the one they want to see? This is ridiculous. How is this user-friendly? Outrageous.

It’s better than the Bills Blog. 

I had to look through four pages before I found the original link to the Joe B feature. Searching Joe Buscaglia was not helpful because it yielded a ton of results of people discussing this issue but not the original feature link, at least not intuitively. Anyone arguing that this is easier than clicking on a separate thread for that feature is certifiably insane.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Some people are unfortunately more interested in settling perceived slights or carrying out some vendetta rather than making a positive contribution to the site that enhances the experience of the community at large.  It's pretty sad. 

Perceived Slights ?????

He who refuses to post in ANY thread I start?  

thanks for the laugh. 

Look dude I offered numerous times to bury the hatchet.  You refused every time.  

Care to try again???

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

I don't post year round.  But I'm no newbie.  It's fine.  It's their board.  It just feels unfair to end a good thread for the sake of someone's need to fit everything in a box. And now the box is filled.with crap and I have to search for what was just infront of me.....

The thread hasn’t ended.   It’s right here.   If you want to comment on the two threads 26 corner started about Allen you can do it right here.    

Pretty simple stuff imo 

• Like (+1) 1

look what locking the stickied thread has wrought....... this thread is now a complete mess. i say open the stickied thread for discussion because, like it or not, the topic will be discussed.

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The thread hasn’t ended.   It’s right here.   If you want to comment on the two threads 26 corner started about Allen you can do it right here.    

Pretty simple stuff imo 

Point taken.  Enjoy your box of stuff. I'm on this board on my phone while on the go.  Always.  Knowing what thread was productive was nice.  You win.  We should have to live through the search function...

Edited by JaxBills

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Not directed at you. Large influx that think they have to have their own thread. 

Little thing called search.  

Most things  have been posted multiple times in a dozen threads. 

We are far enough a way from the draft that we don’t need 10 new threads a day on Josh Allen. 

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Not directed at you. Large influx that think they have to have their own thread. 

Little thing called search.  

Most things  have been posted multiple times in a dozen threads. 

We are far enough a way from the draft that we don’t need 10 new threads a day on Josh Allen. 

I get it.  Really.  90% of the time I agree.  But this time I don't.  Most of the Allen threads should have been merged.  But this time around it was all swept under one rug with out looking.  

It's cool.  It's the rule.  Some of us didn't agree with the everyone being the same but its done and over.  

Back to my man Allen!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

You're missing the point about that. 

Let me ask you a question...of the people that actually read that Joe B article...how many of them do you think came on to the message board without having known it existed and said "hey, I hope there's a Joe B article on Josh Allen today, let me search for one!" Most, if not all, read it because they saw it posted either as a new thread or within this one after it was merged. And I would bet that of that group, most saw it when it was a new thread. 

So if someone just came here to look for some new, interesting stuff...they would have had to sift through 6 pages of this thread to find it. And maybe the mods of this board want it to go in that direction. I'm not on here everyday and don't post a ton so they certainly won't care if I leave, but I think they'll start losing some good people if it goes down that road. 

does every writer need their own thread? I don't know, I guess I have a little more time then some and scroll through a thread, where before this became some kind of an issue I would see a few different members post a link or two in said thread or a video, tweet all seen when taking the time to look. I've even seen where a tweet was linked in more then one thread and then ended up as it's own thread. you don't need 15 different allen threads, regardless of the tweet or writer/source and I have no issue with them being merged.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

I can relate somewhat to your frustration especially if you're dependent on the board for your bills news/discussion so I'm not trying to be out of line here, apologize if I may seem to be?

28 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I had to look through four pages before I found the original link to the Joe B feature. Searching Joe Buscaglia was not helpful because it yielded a ton of results of people discussing this issue but not the original feature link, at least not intuitively. Anyone arguing that this is easier than clicking on a separate thread for that feature is certifiably insane.

27 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Easier to log on to TBD, see news by Joe B was merged with another thread, and then GOOGLE Joe Buscaglia. Lol.

just depends on what you want. you can be lazy and come here hoping you find what you're looking for. or yes, google, whether funny to you or not is a fine source to locate any bills news/information.

it'll be aight

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

That's the rub - guys don't improve their accuracy in the NFL in a meaningful way. 

Doesn't matter how hard a guy works off the field, once the bullets are real and defenders are actually trying to tackle him and intercept his passes, they all revert back to the inaccurate tendencies on film in college. 

Jordan Palmer literally said all the same things about Christian Hackenberg as he's said about Josh Allen. All the talk meant nothing in the past, so I don't get why anyone is supposed to believe Palmer this time around. 

Until Allen actually proves that he has the accuracy required to thrive in the NFL, all this stuff from "QB gurus" is just talk. 

Until Allen actually proves he doesn't have the accuracy required to thrve in the NFL, all this stuff from "internet forum troll" is just talk. 

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

48 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I get it.  Really.  90% of the time I agree.  But this time I don't.  Most of the Allen threads should have been merged.  But this time around it was all swept under one rug with out looking.  

It's cool.  It's the rule.  Some of us didn't agree with the everyone being the same but its done and over.  

Back to my man Allen!!

Incorrect. 

Here's what happens.  When there are complaints about duplicate threads, search a couple 2 or 3 word terms.  If multiple threads come up, look through each one and try to see if they have a common theme.  If they do, merge to try to keep threads about one player down to about 10 or so on the first 2 pages.  Lock dup threads without much substance.

I'm sure I make mistakes sometimes, or see it differently than others (including other mods, though we do make some effort to sync up).  I can search various ways and find what I'm looking for in a big thread, so IDK about some of the complaints.

Every time merging is done, some people will b*tch that their specific thread of interest is now harder to find, and some people will b*tch there are still too many different threads and it should all have been merged. 

Like I said, I figure when the b*tching on both sides is about equal, it's probably about the right balance.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in the camp of not merging threads unless they are identical orrecent news posted at the same time by mistake. Often times similar threads take conversations in different directions and those conversations can get disjointed when threads are merged. I'm not complaining and I really don't give a !@#$, but if anyone asked my opinion, which no one did, I would vote for less merging. I don't know what the big deal is with more threads to be honest.