Interviews/Commentary about Josh Allen (WY OC, Palmer, Joe B etc)

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What are the Buffalo Bills getting in Josh Allen?

An advanced look into Josh Allen's strengths and weaknesses, all the while tackling the myths and truths of some of the accepted schools of thought about Allen as an NFL prospect.

What does Allen need to work on?
No. 1 - Finding his inner Derek Zoolander
No. 2 - More consistent footwork
No. 3 - Mental processing
No. 4 - Seeing ghosts

What makes Allen such a dynamic prospect?
No. 1 - Arm strength, of course
No. 2 - Anticipatory throws
No. 3 - Strength and balance through contact
No. 4 - A legitimate running threat

First time I’ve seen ‘#2- dynamic’ around him. Can’t hate that

4 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

As he should. He's a rookie, AJ and NP are not. He'll have every opportunity to move up the chart in camp and preseason.

As someone else suggested in another thread, after his first throw in camp he should be at #2 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

The raw talent difference between Allen and Hackenburg aren't even remotely close, And you know that..

Why are they so different?  I’m not saying they will have the same NFL careers but there are some very similar traits amongst them.  They both look the part.  People love to blame their coaches for their failings in college.  CH was the top qb coming out of high school.  Their production was inconsistent.

obviously, CH is the worst case scenario.  But he was a guy who was overdraft because of his physical skills and I’ve had similar thoughts about Allen.  If Allen has the same skill set but is Mayfield’s size, he is a mid round pick,

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

With respect to the OP- it doesn’t.

The only thing that will prove flaws can be overcome is this kid playing nfl games at nfl speed with nfl competition.  

Anything is possible. And it is entirely possible that Allen has a gold jacket career. His arm may be historically strong in the NFL. I’m hopeful, mostly because it’s a choice to hope for the best. 

but reading into these incremental snapshots prior to the season are fools gold. We’ve heard it all so many times.  You hear about mechanics being fixed in shorts at the local high school all the time- but under live action it all breaks down. Remember when Ej ‘fixed’ his issues one off season with a QB guru?

we won’t know, until we know. 

Great post.  It’s all about muscle memory.  When a guy has done stuff his entire life, it’s hard to fix in one offseason.  

Allen will be starting W1 unless he has a terrible camp.  It's almost negligent to sit that kind of talent behind the likes of McCarron and Peterman.  It's not like he'd be learning from Favre.

#NotRaw

#FreeJoshAllen

• Like (+1) 2

It's smart to say he's 3 to the fans.  We're fickel and without patientce. 

When looking at our QB room, it wouldn't surprise me to see him beat out the likes of Peterman and A.J. by the end of camp.  Honestly guys.... Nate & A.J.?

And this kid has fought for every step it took to get here.  I don't see him as the type to crack or break.

Just an unfounded gut feeling, but I think we got our guy...

And I think Edmunds is going to turn this defense into something special too.

Pass the Kool aid.   Guzziling.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Allen will be starting W1 unless he has a terrible camp.  It's almost negligent to sit that kind of talent behind the likes of McCarron and Peterman.  It's not like he'd be learning from Favre.

#NotRaw

#FreeJoshAllen

Beet me to the same point?

4 minutes ago, eball said:

#NotRaw

#FreeJoshAllen

I just worry about guys like him starting week 1 when they have some much to work on.  I know everyone hates him but I think the Bills killed any chance of success with EJ by forcing him to start right away. 

I feel like if Allen isn’t ready, like Peterman, he could crush him.  I guess the counter is if a bad year can crush a qb, the he wasn’t going to be good enough anyways.  But with the state of the offense right now, I think AJ should take the opening lumps.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just worry about guys like him starting week 1 when they have some much to work on.  I know everyone hates him but I think the Bills killed any chance of success with EJ by forcing him to start right away. 

I feel like if Allen isn’t ready, like Peterman, he could crush him.  I guess the counter is if a bad year can crush a qb, the he wasn’t going to be good enough anyways.  But with the state of the offense right now, I think AJ should take the opening lumps.

Agreed..... As long as A.J. is the better QB at that point.  And nothing says he won't be.  It just seems like a cop out to not start Allen if he genuinely beats out the rest of the room.  The guy made his way through JuCo and was never recruted.  I don't think he's as fragile mentally as many think he is.

Edited by JaxBills

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Agreed..... As long as A.J. is the better QB at that point.  And nothing says he won't be.  It just seems like a cop out to not start Allen if he genuinely beats out the rest of the room.  The guy made his way through JuCo and was never recruted.  I don't think he's as fragile mentally as many think he is.

Normally, I would give the tie to the young guy vs a vet. But in this case, I’d lean towards AJ.  Our oline and wrs are going to be tough for any qb, much less a rookie.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Normally, I would give the tie to the young guy vs a vet. But in this case, I’d lean towards AJ.  Our oline and wrs are going to be tough for any qb, much less a rookie.

Rep counts at camp are going to be fun this year!!

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No, what killed EJ is that he was never going to be a good QB (and I wanted him to be, in the worst way).  No analysis of EJ ever contained the sorts of things we're hearing about Allen (i.e., anticipation throws? Excuse me while I go clean myself up).

I fear the Bills will "worry" about hurting Allen's confidence.  I hope that's not the case.  Give him a good game plan and see what he can do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Allen has a bigger arm, otherwise they're essentially the same guy. Same size and same mobility. Both have good intangibles off the field. Allen is a bit thicker. 

Jordan Palmer said Hackenberg could fix his accuracy in the lead up to the 2016 draft, but he hasn't and will likely be out of the NFL by the end of the summer. 

Correct, however, the key thing to note is that he said he could. Its up to the individual to correct his flaws. He’s responsible for himself and no one else. He has to put in all the work, and when he does and the results dont work out he has to put in more work and analyze why it didnt work. There is not a magic accuracy pill or Doug Whaley and EJ Manuel would have purchased them all.

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why are they so different?  I’m not saying they will have the same NFL careers but there are some very similar traits amongst them.  They both look the part.  People love to blame their coaches for their failings in college.  CH was the top qb coming out of high school.  Their production was inconsistent.

obviously, CH is the worst case scenario.  But he was a guy who was overdraft because of his physical skills and I’ve had similar thoughts about Allen.  If Allen has the same skill set but is Mayfield’s size, he is a mid round pick,

Great post.  It’s all about muscle memory.  When a guy has done stuff his entire life, it’s hard to fix in one offseason.  

Thats the thing, unlike CH, Allen hasnt been doing it his whole life. He hasn’t received top coaching, etc... Give him a chance he deserves it.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Seriously? 

Multiple Threads Guidance

This is is a joke.... why not just have a thread titled “Josh Allen

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If I can offer counter-argument: I hate mile long threads. Sometimes a thread about the same topic can offer a nuance, like this breakdown of Allen by Joe B. I'd rather see more fresher, shorter threads, than one enormous all-encompassing one.

Same here.  The majority of people likely fee the same way

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Third on the depth chart in May? You think hell even make the team?

Practice Squad ;)

BTW his short comings sound easy enough to fix,if they haven't been fixed already by the QB guru ;)

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/30/2018 at 3:42 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Loving the Allen pick more and more with each passing day. 

Whats not to love.........the Bills draft the Biggest Strongest QB with a cannon for an arm.

Sure he has a few flaws but he also seems to be coachable .....time will tell.

49 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

This thread is fine..... Please... Good points and little hostility...

The point is a Mod had just posted a thread about creating duplicate threads.  

When some people feel that they don’t have to follow the rules it ticks off those people that do follow tbe rules.