Pegula kids firing back at Buffalo News

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

You have to admit...the Twitter account is funny as hell. I thoroughly enjoyed the butthurt from Harrington.

DclrpfsXUAErV3p.jpg

Is he absolutely positive that the dog didn't read his opinions, determine they were crap, and tweet about how bad they were?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Unlike, say, using the word "meh." :lol:

Technically all the words we use in the English language are cliches ? . I’m just tired of the trendiness of being thin skinned. Why should they care what some news reporter in Buffalo has to say? Unfortunately, overly caring what everyone has to say is in vogue. I’m not criticizing the Pegula family, but rather noticing a trend in society as a whole that I don’t understand. Harrington’s response is equally unproductive and unnecessary. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

"Journalism is the activity of gathering, assessing, creating, and presenting news and information."

https://www.americanpressinstitute.org/journalism-essentials/what-is-journalism/

I'd argue that the Buffalo News no longer employs journalists, just the same run of the mill talking heads generating opinion that have replaced all the television news.

Fun question:  When is the last time you read an article from either of these two gentleman that was - from start to finish - news without opinion folded into it?  

Again, it gets to my point about pay walls.  You're not paying for news.  You're paying for opinion. Two different products.

5237.jpg

“So much for Objective Journalism. Don't bother to look for it here--not under any byline of mine; or anyone else I can think of. With the possible exception of things like box scores, race results, and stock market tabulations, there is no such thing as Objective Journalism. The phrase itself is a pompous contradiction in terms.” - Hunter S. Thompson

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

IMO, they're just riffing on the negative attitude by many on the Allen pick, Brandon exit and Sabres season that have been percolating the last month or so. 

The sports department (and BN in general) are "finger in the wind" pros feeding into what sells in Buffalo...

I just can not fathom that their finger in the wind journalism is making making them money. I know more people who stopped reading them for this then have joined on.

40 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Technically all the words we use in the English language are cliches ? . I’m just tired of the trendiness of being thin skinned. Why should they care what some news reporter in Buffalo has to say? Unfortunately, overly caring what everyone has to say is in vogue. I’m not criticizing the Pegula family, but rather noticing a trend in society as a whole that I don’t understand. Harrington’s response is equally unproductive and unnecessary. 

They care because they have a multibillion dollar business and  are trying to bring Buffalo a winner. The Buffalo News has a poor relationship with the Bills, and seems to think that continuing it is the way to go. The negativism spewed by some over there goes well beyond objective journalism. They get no leaks and break nothing anymore due to a lack of trust from the team. Has nothing to do with being thin-skinned, has everything to do with the poor PR driven by the BN, and towards the organization. If you want something in vogue its the dinosaurs of print journalism not coming to grips with the reality of the world. Taking pot shots at the new ownership group is piss poor way to have a relationship with the team.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

BN is doing there typical round of "Buffalo Sports, Woe is me"

at this point I can't even take anything they say sports wise serioulsy so I do not

This.  The drought is over.  Mr Barnett, it’s time to bring in some writers that aren’t so jaded by the previous 17 years. It has clearly had an impact on their view of the franchise and it shows in their writing daily.  I have no problem paying $10-$20 a month to support the BN.  I do have a problem supporting the garbage that the majority of your writers spew. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Who the hell cares what rich kids post on Twitter?

What does their status as "rich kids" have to do with anything?  Please tell me the lack of net worth that makes you someone we should all 'care' about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

PTR -- I heard he tweeted something to the effect that the rest of the NHL was laughing at Kim's appointment as President of the Bills and Sabres and then quickly deleted that.  Is that correct?

That is correct. Also a  few years back Bucky Gleason tweeted that Kim should stick with picking drapes instead of attending team business meetings.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

They care because they have a multibillion dollar business and  are trying to bring Buffalo a winner. The Buffalo News has a poor relationship with the Bills, and seems to think that continuing it is the way to go. The negativism spewed by some over there goes well beyond objective journalism. They get no leaks and break nothing anymore due to a lack of trust from the team. Has nothing to do with being thin-skinned, has everything to do with the poor PR driven by the BN, and towards the organization. If you want something in vogue its the dinosaurs of print journalism not coming to grips with the reality of the world. Taking pot shots at the new ownership group is piss poor way to have a relationship with the team.

The Pegula’s PR relationship with the fans is in fine shape as evidenced by the responses on this topic. I highly doubt that they are concerned about any BN writer hurting them. The BN may very well have a poor relationship with ownership, but ownership gets to choose how much access they have to the team. Journalists can criticize the Pegula’s at their own risk. Everything that you stated is one hundred percent correct. I’m just an old man at heart who doesn’t ever understand the point of Twitter insults/battles.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

I just can not fathom that their finger in the wind journalism is making making them money. I know more people who stopped reading them for this then have joined on.

Come on.   This is Buffalo we're talking about.   :D

There are whole generations of WNY's that would rather b**** about things than do anything else in the world.    Negativity sells in this town...

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Where? And if you say Washington post or New York Times, I’m going to laugh at you.

You have to figure that out on your own. What do you watch?  Fox or Facebook? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Come on.   This is Buffalo we're talking about.   :D

There are whole generations of WNY's that would rather b**** about things than do anything else in the world.    Negativity sells in this town...

I moved away in 97, but when I come back to visit I really feel the city is changing directions for the better, you would think that would show up in peoples overall attitudes.

Negativity sells everywhere. I stopped watching all news, I could not tell you what is happening in the world or in politics. I gave up because of what you are saying.. TOO NEGATIVE. Negativity really brings out the idiocy of humanity. I have chosen willful ignorance in that regards.

BUT Sports. Our one place ot escape the above mentioned.. I really have to meet the masses that pay for a extra dose of suck-a-tude

• Like (+1) 1