Watch: AJ McCarron "Highlights" from 2015

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

And people hated Tyrod for that. McCarron is Taylor without the running ability. Going in thinking McCarron is going to be anything short of woefully inconsistent is bad news, he is just not good. There is a reason "Despite what you say is "eye popping" numbers at Alabama he was graded out as a mid round QB. 

Tyrods "Game management" got us 3 points in a playoff loss.

True, but Tyrod did that for double the money, and has little chance of improving his game. McCarron is not here to be a long term starter. He's here as an average stop-gap making below average money, until the rookie is ready. If he outperforms that, great. I'll agree, anyone expecting more out of McCarron is probably going to be disappointed. 

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If Allen is as raw as everyone says he is and considering the state of the Bills receivers and offensive line then he should ride the bench for the year unless he proves in training camp/preseason he's the best QBof the group. 

Still if McCarron is the starter as everyone believes he will be and he blows I hope they don't panic and insert Allen into the line up when he's not ready. Take your medicine with McCarron until Allen is ready for the league.

Still think they should've kept Tyrod. Would have a much better shot of winning this year while keeping Allen on the bench for at least the year. It makes too much sense.

This is one of my major concerns with the choice to draft Allen.   Read between the lines on his Wyoming OC's interview, posted in another thread.  Basically, he said Allen came out of a JUCO offense where he didn't know too much, and because of arm talent and athletic ability, they wound up putting him in their second game as a sophomore.  He scored on his first drive. 

Then he led them down the field on his second drive.  34 yard run.  Put his shoulder down.  Result: clavicle broken in 7 places, metal plate, 8 screws.  He broke the same shoulder in HS.  Then he injured his shoulder (sprained AC joint) last fall.

People talk about putting in a QB who's not ready as if the QB being over his head and performing poorly is the worst thing that can happen.  It's not.  The worst thing that can happen is you put a gamer, a competitive plays-with-hair-on-fire kind of guy, into the game before he clearly understands what his options ought to be, and he takes the ball into his own hands and tries too hard to make things happen.  If the result is a career-changing or even a season-ending injury, THAT'S the worst thing that can happen.

And yet, when you have a vet with limited playing experience, if he goes out and craps the bed the temptation is to throw in your rookie high-draft pick and let him swim. 

Now, if Allen pulls a Wilson and comes into training camp Day 1 fired up and ready to lead and is clearly "with it" on what he's being asked to do, able and willing to slide, and looks like the consensus better choice all around, that's a different story.

Given the choice to draft Allen, the Taylor thing does puzzle me.  My best guess is they felt Daboll could make McCarron effective enough and he's a better fit in some other ways.

Fine, I’ll make anyone a bet who wants in:

Josh Allen will start at least 4 games this year.  If he’s injured, bet is voided.

Who wants the under? 

My point with this is that I believe that Allen is not nearly as raw as the pundits think he is. And that Beane, McD, Dabol, and everyone else in the Bills’ organization, believes like I do, and will start him as soon as he’s capable.

Edited by Domdab99

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Josh Allen will start at least 4 games this year.  If he’s injured, bet is voided.

Who wants the under? 

I would think everyone wants the under, it most likely means McCarron is playing well enough to keep us in playoff contention and Allen is sitting and learning.

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Who wants the under? 

I don’t anyone is saying his will or won’t happen. I just don’t think many agree with you that if Allen isn’t starting by game 4, he’s no the guy.  Those are two very different things. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I would think everyone wants the under, it most likely means McCarron is playing well enough to keep us in playoff contention and Allen is sitting and learning.

Lol McCarron won’t keep us in playoff contention. You learn by doing, not sitting.

I’ll even make a bet that Allen starts the season opener. Give me 4-1 and I’ll take that bet. 

Edited by Domdab99

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Lol McCarron won’t keep us in playoff contention. You learn by doing, not sitting.

ill even make a bet that Allen starts the season opener. Give me 4-1 and I’ll take that bet. 

You want 4-1 on a first rounder we traded up to 7 for over AJ McCarron? You sure you're from Vegas? :)

Let's make it: Odds of Bills Day 1 Starting QB

Allen +155

McCarron even

Peterman +325

You in?

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You want 4-1 on a first rounder we traded up to 7 for over AJ McCarron? You sure you're from Vegas? :)

Let's make it: Odds of Bills Day 1 Starting QB

Allen +155

McCarron even

Peterman +325

You in?

Put Allen at +225 and I’m in. ?

Edited by Domdab99

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I'm genuinely curious how what anything I said anger? IS it because I don't just get in line and say "Yeap" Great move by the Bills?

You could propose a counterpoint stating why you think AJ McCarron will be a good starting QB, but you know instead jsut call someone angry and say the board is going down hill.

I mean you are right that it is, but that started when BBMB closed. 

Maybe an over reaction on my part, you did express an opinion and I did not counter, I concede the point you made in your response! 

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given the choice to draft Allen, the Taylor thing does puzzle me.  My best guess is they felt Daboll could make McCarron effective enough and he's a better fit in some other ways.

I'm thinking they didn't want to subject TT to the "torches and pitchfork" treatment and howling at the moon for Allen they'll absolutely get if they start the season like 2-5 or worse.    The Bills have no allegiance to McCarron and may be using him as a more acceptable punching bag (bridge) to next year.

The biggest worry I now have about Allen is the pressure from fans to get him on the field right away...

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Someone has got his Twitter all tweaked in a bunch

6 TD's 2 INT's .   280 passing yards  2 TD's and 2 INT's came in the Steelers regular season game where he entered when Dalton got hurt. 

Playoff Game  1 TD's and 1 INT's and the lead with 1:30 on the clock until everyone BUT AJ blew the game.   

First a fumble on the Steelers 9 yard line, then 2,  not one but 2 Fifteen yard penalties that put the Stillers in FG range and the win.  

12 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

So this dude picked out every bad play and showcased it.  One could do the same thing for Brady,  Rodgers,  Brees,  etc..  I had better ways to waste time.

I think he's a good friend of 26 Blitz so he felt compelled to copy and paste that "tweet" 

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is one of my major concerns with the choice to draft Allen.   Read between the lines on his Wyoming OC's interview, posted in another thread.  Basically, he said Allen came out of a JUCO offense where he didn't know too much, and because of arm talent and athletic ability, they wound up putting him in their second game as a sophomore.  He scored on his first drive. 

Then he led them down the field on his second drive.  34 yard run.  Put his shoulder down.  Result: clavicle broken in 7 places, metal plate, 8 screws.  He broke the same shoulder in HS.  Then he injured his shoulder (sprained AC joint) last fall.

People talk about putting in a QB who's not ready as if the QB being over his head and performing poorly is the worst thing that can happen.  It's not.  The worst thing that can happen is you put a gamer, a competitive plays-with-hair-on-fire kind of guy, into the game before he clearly understands what his options ought to be, and he takes the ball into his own hands and tries too hard to make things happen.  If the result is a career-changing or even a season-ending injury, THAT'S the worst thing that can happen.

And yet, when you have a vet with limited playing experience, if he goes out and craps the bed the temptation is to throw in your rookie high-draft pick and let him swim. 

Now, if Allen pulls a Wilson and comes into training camp Day 1 fired up and ready to lead and is clearly "with it" on what he's being asked to do, able and willing to slide, and looks like the consensus better choice all around, that's a different story.

Aaron Rodgers has had two broken clavicles. It's football; injuries happen.

I don't see the connection between Taylor and Allen. Taylor just wasn't good enough and we traded him for the 3rd rd gift before we knew we would get Allen.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBF, that's like a "low light" set of GIFs that guy put together.

A couple more balanced views (game film starts at 40 sec on the first one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjJbu_O3n4

Cover1 Film Room (get into the game film about 10 min in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjJbu_O3n4

Last but not least, 2015 Highlights.  I love it, but it could just be because I'd love anything featuring Dire Straights Sultans of Swing

For real. Knopfler is a badass.

That solo is Rolling Stone's 33rd best guitar solo ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I don't see the connection between Taylor and Allen. Taylor just wasn't good enough and we traded him for the 3rd rd gift before we knew we would get Allen.

Not to mention Tyrod allowed us to get Edmunds.

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

While injuries do happen.....he needs to be taught to protect himself even if he is a huge wilderbeast

• Thank you (+1) 1