Watch: AJ McCarron "Highlights" from 2015

This is why he didnt get the big money contract everyone expected him to.

I'm glad we have someone who has been in the league a few years, I just hope he doesnt have to play a ton. I wanted Rosen, but I've warmed up to Allen after seeing some more tape. I see what the Bills saw in him and hope he can put it all together.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

So this dude picked out every bad play and showcased it.  One could do the same thing for Brady,  Rodgers,  Brees,  etc..  I had better ways to waste time.

Please do this then if you have better ways to waste time. 

AJ has been this way all the way back to Alabama. He has limited Arm strength. He has no pocket awareness.

Is it just ironic that every needy QB team passed on McCarron when the money being handed out was "Stupid money"?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

AJ has been this way all the way back to Alabama. He has limited Arm strength. He has no pocket awareness.

Is it just ironic that every needy QB team passed on McCarron when the money being handed out was "Stupid money"?

we don't need him to be a stud we need him to manage the games.  that's what tyrod did.  and mccarron in college threw for 74 tds, 15 picks and 8700 yards in three years as a starter. those are great numbers.  but again we need him to manage the games

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I could care less about AJ.  I did not support nor advocate for him being a Bill.  I do wonder about people that have specific negative agendas and go out of their way to prove them.  I think that people harboring so much negativity need to go outside, get a hobby,  get a hug...  something to change their disposition from an angry Eeyore to something a little more rational and peaceful.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

we don't need him to be a stud we need him to manage the games.  that's what tyrod did.  and mccarron in college threw for 74 tds, 15 picks and 8700 yards in three years as a starter. those are great numbers.  but again we need him to manage the games

And people hated Tyrod for that. McCarron is Taylor without the running ability. Going in thinking McCarron is going to be anything short of woefully inconsistent is bad news, he is just not good. There is a reason "Despite what you say is "eye popping" numbers at Alabama he was graded out as a mid round QB. 

Tyrods "Game management" got us 3 points in a playoff loss.

24 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

So this dude picked out every bad play and showcased it.  One could do the same thing for Brady,  Rodgers,  Brees,  etc..  I had better ways to waste time.

i know right?...what b.s  36-4 and 2 titles....all time leader at alabama. 2-1 off the bench for dalton and lead a comeback against the steelers in the playoffs and had that game won.

we haven't had a qb any where's near the same ballpark in 20 years and it always seems as though the tyrod diehards are the ones who want to throw any kind of dirt they can dig up on this guy...and call themselves fans. i call them attention seeking posers...pathetic.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here’s the question.... if Allen looks good enough in the preseason, do the Bills get rid of either Peterman or McCarron?  IMO I think it never hurts to have 3 QB’s.  Some view it as a waste of roster spot 

i view it as a great position to be in.

12 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I could care less about AJ.  I did not support nor advocate for him being a Bill.  I do wonder about people that have specific negative agendas and go out of their way to prove them.  I think that people harboring so much negativity need to go outside, get a hobby,  get a hug...  something to change their disposition from an angry Eeyore to something a little more rational and peaceful.

Clearly, you haven't heard that the history of this franchise, the last 18 years in particular, dictates that we have to be critical, skeptical, negative and miserable - and when those little threads of optimism start rearing their ugly heads, we need to obliterate them like some non-stop whack-a-mole game

giphy.gif

Edited by billsfan1959

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

TBF, that's like a "low light" set of GIFs that guy put together.

A couple more balanced views (game film starts at 40 sec on the first one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjJbu_O3n4

Cover1 Film Room (get into the game film about 10 min in)

Last but not least, 2015 Highlights.  I love it, but it could just be because I'd love anything featuring Dire Straights Sultans of Swing

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I just went through this thread on Twitter, not fun.

Man I hope Allen can turn into a good QB, because AJ’s arm just isn’t good enough given his lack of pocket poise.

But does McD throw Allen in there with such a bad WR corps and flimsy OL? Going to be an interesting season.

7 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

And people hated Tyrod for that. McCarron is Taylor without the running ability. Going in thinking McCarron is going to be anything short of woefully inconsistent is bad news, he is just not good. There is a reason "Despite what you say is "eye popping" numbers at Alabama he was graded out as a mid round QB. 

Tyrods "Game management" got us 3 points in a playoff loss.

im not expecting him to be more than that. but i am quietly hoping he can be case keenum. id like for once to have the OC who coaches up a guy like keenum was and even foles you know? random qbs put up odd years here and there and lets hope he does. if he can keep our run game tops and get some passing we can win games until the heir comes in 

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i know right?...what b.s  36-4 and 2 titles....all time leader at alabama. 2-1 off the bench for dalton and lead a comeback against the steelers in the playoffs and had that game won.

we haven't had a qb any where's near the same ballpark in 20 years and it always seems as though the tyrod diehards are the ones who want to throw any kind of dirt they can dig up on this guy...and call themselves fans. i call them attention seeking posers...pathetic.

i view it as a great position to be in.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Clearly, you haven't heard that the history of this franchise, the last 18 years in particular dictates that we have to be critical, skeptical, negative and miserable - and when those little threads of optimism start rearing their ugly heads, we need to obliterate them like some non-stop whack-a-mole game

Or i just think that AJ McCarron is a not so good NFL Staritng QB who will get benched very quickly. But hey if that makes me an attention seeking Poser then LOOK AT ME LOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. HERE I AM. LOOK AT ME!!!!

I've heard/read people talking about McCaron getting the Bills a number one pick because teams will want to trade for him. because he is going to put up 4,000 yards. When he took over for Dalton the Bengals offense slowed to a crawl and McCaron despite his winning record was downright awful at times.

McCarron is what he is, and that is a backup QB, who if he starts routinely your team is in trouble.

So in your minds the Bills can do no wrong. Go it.?

36 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Great post, I keep posting, the quality of this board is taking a nose dive! Lots of anger out there!

22 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Or i just think that AJ McCarron is a not so good NFL Staritng QB who will get benched very quickly. But hey if that makes me an attention seeking Poser then LOOK AT ME LOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. HERE I AM. LOOK AT ME!!!!

I've heard/read people talking about McCaron getting the Bills a number one pick because teams will want to trade for him. because he is going to put up 4,000 yards. When he took over for Dalton the Bengals offense slowed to a crawl and McCaron despite his winning record was downright awful at times.

McCarron is what he is, and that is a backup QB, who if he starts routinely your team is in trouble.

So in your minds the Bills can do no wrong. Go it.?

I rest my case!

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Great post, I keep posting, the quality of this board is taking a nose dive! Lots of anger out there!

I rest my case!

I'm genuinely curious how what anything I said anger? IS it because I don't just get in line and say "Yeap" Great move by the Bills?

You could propose a counterpoint stating why you think AJ McCarron will be a good starting QB, but you know instead jsut call someone angry and say the board is going down hill.

I mean you are right that it is, but that started when BBMB closed. 

Edited by CountDorkula

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBF, that's like a "low light" set of GIFs that guy put together.

A couple more balanced views (game film starts at 40 sec on the first one)

Cover1 Film Room (get into the game film about 10 min in)

Last but not least, 2015 Highlights.  I love it, but it could just be because I'd love anything featuring Dire Straights Sultans of Swing

Best to temper expectations.

Signing AJ McCarron is probably not a good idea

The majority of McCarron’s passes in the NFL so far came over his three starts at the end of the 2015 season. Over that stretch, the Bengals beat the 49ers and Ravens, each of whom finished 5-11, and lost in overtime to the eventual Super Bowl-champion Broncos.

McCarron completed 54 of his 83 passes (65.1 percent) over that stretch with four touchdowns and no interceptions. That may look impressive and was good enough for a 100.1 passer rating as a starter, but the problem was that the Bengals’ offense slowed to a crawl.

He averaged just 184 passing yards in those games, stalling an offense that averaged 376.9 yards in Dalton’s 13 starts. With McCarron at the helm for the final three games, Cincinnati averaged 276 yards and couldn’t top 300.

That continued into the postseason, where the Bengals lost 18-16 to the Steelers and were outgained 369 yards to 279.

Even during McCarron’s days at Alabama, he had a reputation as a game manager who leaned on a strong running game and an NFL-caliber cast around him. Hoping he can generate offense on his own and lead a team to points with his arm may be too much to ask.