Watch: AJ McCarron "Highlights" from 2015

32 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Or i just think that AJ McCarron is a not so good NFL Staritng QB who will get benched very quickly. But hey if that makes me an attention seeking Poser then LOOK AT ME LOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. HERE I AM. LOOK AT ME!!!!

I've heard/read people talking about McCaron getting the Bills a number one pick because teams will want to trade for him. because he is going to put up 4,000 yards. When he took over for Dalton the Bengals offense slowed to a crawl and McCaron despite his winning record was downright awful at times.

McCarron is what he is, and that is a backup QB, who if he starts routinely your team is in trouble.

So in your minds the Bills can do no wrong. Go it.?

Actually, the post wasn't directed at you, but rather, the posters who continually offer negative prognostications as if they are fact, are completely dismissive and condescending to anyone who chooses to look at things in a more positive light, and then rationalize their behavior by citing the history of this franchise as if it some license to behave in an uncivil way. It is a small segmet of posters; however, they can sometimes be the most vocal.

My response was not about believing the Bills can do no wrong, because they clearly have over the fifty or so years I have followed them - often. It was about the declarations of certain posters, in response to virtually every decision this team makes that they do not agree with, that the decision will result in complete failure with no chance of success. It is not just a doubt or skepticism, such as you have about McCarron (which I share, by the way) or someone may have about Allen (which I share as well), or any other decision: It is a certainty of failure and there is no room for debate.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Best to temper expectations.

Signing AJ McCarron is probably not a good idea

"he averaged just 184 passing yards in those games, stalling an offense that averaged 376.9 yards in Dalton’s 13 starts. With McCarron at the helm for the final three games, Cincinnati averaged 276 yards and couldn’t top 300."

Yep, exactly correct.  And if one watches that highlight film, one can't help (at least I can't help) but be impressed by the abilities of the WR he's throwing to.  There are some real circus catches complete with pointed-toe drags to stay inbounds, that wouldn't have to be with a bit better ball placement.

My point was just that the twitter feed you linked in the OP is "over the top" negative.  McCarron does have some solid QB abilities.  That said, anyone expecting him to generate more passing offense than Taylor did behind our OL and to our (not proven circus-catch highlight-film) WR corps is, I think, bound for disappointment.  But I could be wrong.

A lot really depends upon how our OL comes together, and whether Daboll manages to pull a Shurmer-with-Keenum on these guys.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

And people hated Tyrod for that. McCarron is Taylor without the running ability. Going in thinking McCarron is going to be anything short of woefully inconsistent is bad news, he is just not good. There is a reason "Despite what you say is "eye popping" numbers at Alabama he was graded out as a mid round QB. 

Tyrods "Game management" got us 3 points in a playoff loss.

Running ability of course........but also without the exceptional ability to not turn the ball over............and turnover diff is and always has been the most accurate statistic wrt wins and losses.

I hope AJ has somehow improved but the way I see the schedule laid out with 5 of the first 7 games on the road and a re-tooled OL and a bad and very young WR corps.........I think AJ is set up to fail........which would provide locker room justification for inserting Allen into the lineup.   

If AJ is as good as he thinks he is he will keep Allen on the bench but it won't be easy or fair necessarily.

2 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

So this dude picked out every bad play and showcased it.  One could do the same thing for Brady,  Rodgers,  Brees,  etc..  I had better ways to waste time.

Will you be showing those clips after those of these three guys in their SB victory parades or will you put them at the end of the video montages of their HOF speeches?

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

If Allen isn't starting by game 4 or so, we drafted the wrong guy.

Well we drafted a project. So if your above is what is expected then we drafted the worng guy. Allen needs to learn the pro game not be forced into it.

if he devleps in a year or 2 that is fantastic, but by game 4 is a huge stretch IMO. Maybe the last 4 games of 2018

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Well we drafted a project. So if your above is what is expected then we drafted the worng guy. Allen needs to learn the pro game not be forced into it.

if he devleps in a year or 2 that is fantastic, but by game 4 is a huge stretch IMO. Maybe the last 4 games of 2018

I Watson can do it and Allen can't, we drafted the wrong guy. 

You don't trade up for a "project," no matter what everyone else is saying. 

20 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

If Allen isn't starting by game 4 or so, we drafted the wrong guy.

i'm not sure i agree with this at all.  if aj plays well, and allen stays on the bench for a while, i don't think this speaks bad of the future for allen.

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Will you be showing those clips after those of these three guys in their SB victory parades or will you put them at the end of the video montages of their HOF speeches?

I wouldn't do it because it is disingenuous and a passive aggressive way to make a point - in case you MISSED my point. If someone wants to post a negative review...  go for it.  However,  call it what it is.  To say it is a "highlight" film is innane and immature.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I Watson can do it and Allen can't, we drafted the wrong guy. 

You don't trade up for a "project," no matter what everyone else is saying. 

Watson was way ahead of the Allen coming out as well

I felt the same way leading up to draft day. But the bottom line now is all I care about is that Allen develops and if that takes a year or 2 then I'm ok with it.

We could of taken Rosen or skipped a 1st rd qb all together. That was never an option. So Allen it is and patience we must have.

If

Edited by ddaryl

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If Allen is as raw as everyone says he is and considering the state of the Bills receivers and offensive line then he should ride the bench for the year unless he proves in training camp/preseason he's the best QBof the group. 

Still if McCarron is the starter as everyone believes he will be and he blows I hope they don't panic and insert Allen into the line up when he's not ready. Take your medicine with McCarron until Allen is ready for the league.

Still think they should've kept Tyrod. Would have a much better shot of winning this year while keeping Allen on the bench for at least the year. It makes too much sense.

If he’s as raw as everyone says he is, he should not have been drafted at #7. 

Just now, Domdab99 said:

If he’s as raw as everyone says he is, he should not have been drafted at #7. 

If they think he can be the qb for years to come, yes they should have. 

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

And people hated Tyrod for that. McCarron is Taylor without the running ability. Going in thinking McCarron is going to be anything short of woefully inconsistent is bad news, he is just not good. There is a reason "Despite what you say is "eye popping" numbers at Alabama he was graded out as a mid round QB. 

Tyrods "Game management" got us 3 points in a playoff loss.

True, but McCarron is obviously a placeholder, whereas Taylor was (at least under Ryan) the presumptive long term option. Which made it a lot more frustrating and understandably so imo.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBF, that's like a "low light" set of GIFs that guy put together.

A couple more balanced views (game film starts at 40 sec on the first one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjJbu_O3n4

Cover1 Film Room (get into the game film about 10 min in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjJbu_O3n4

Last but not least, 2015 Highlights.  I love it, but it could just be because I'd love anything featuring Dire Straights Sultans of Swing

McCarron's arm looks just fine here.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here’s the question.... if Allen looks good enough in the preseason, do the Bills get rid of either Peterman or McCarron?  IMO I think it never hurts to have 3 QB’s.  Some view it as a waste of roster spot 

McCarron is tradable when/if Allen proves himself a competent starter and a competent back up is found. 

Peterman factoring in to any of this would be an absolute miracle