Daboll had a "specific plan" for Josh Allen if the Bills drafted him.

PIZ

I'd hope he has a plan - but more to the point, what is the plan? To any extent? And who's exactly in charge of Allen's development coaching here, Culley? Daboll? 

These are more the questions that made me skeptical about the pick. I could also use anyone's honest help with Daboll and Culley's experience with coaching up QBs...

Have to think they will implement many concepts Wyoming did especially that play action where he rolls right. Allen has been money doing those.

I also expect some screens and short dump plays. 

But my biggest thought is play action for sure. Having Shady is the perfect combo for Allen.  Safety bites on pkay action and Allen throws the bomb. Otherwise linebacker bite and Shady shreads them. 

Chan had a plan. Rex had a plan. Roman had a plan. Dennison had a plan... All these flops had plans. The problem was they didn't have a clue.

This isn't about some coach's stupid plan... It's about giving an offense everything it needs to win football games... That means strategy, and effective weapons.

Spare me your bullsh_t schemes, and cutesy playcalling... Put the ball in the end zone or you're fired. Point blank.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Have to think they will implement many concepts Wyoming did especially that play action where he rolls right. Allen has been money doing those.

I also expect some screens and short dump plays. 

But my biggest thought is play action for sure. Having Shady is the perfect combo for Allen.  Safety bites on pkay action and Allen throws the bomb. Otherwise linebacker bite and Shady shreads them. 

I could just see it now Allen throws a bomb to open air!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

But Mike's plan after being punched in mouth was to bite off opponent's ear - not a good plan.

Ha Ha!

That was old and slow and stopped training Mike Tyson in the mid nineties..

Not scariest man to ever walk the earth Mike Tyson in the mid to late 80’s

5 hours ago, ctk232 said:

I'd hope he has a plan - but more to the point, what is the plan? To any extent? And who's exactly in charge of Allen's development coaching here, Culley? Daboll? 

These are more the questions that made me skeptical about the pick. I could also use anyone's honest help with Daboll and Culley's experience with coaching up QBs...

Wouldn't the same questions be asked for any of the QBs that we would have picked....If we had picked Rosen, then the same questions apply...What has the "coaches" got to do with your skepticism of the Allen pick?

15 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Wouldn't the same questions be asked for any of the QBs that we would have picked....If we had picked Rosen, then the same questions apply...What has the "coaches" got to do with your skepticism of the Allen pick?

Allen is raw, unrefined, and in need of much work to maybe, hopefully, some day be brought up to NFL standards of play.

The QB coach/mentor is more important with him than a lot of guys for those reasons, and of course, considering what we paid to get him.

58 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Allen is raw, unrefined, and in need of much work to maybe, hopefully, some day be brought up to NFL standards of play.

The QB coach/mentor is more important with him than a lot of guys for those reasons, and of course, considering what we paid to get him.

I don't buy into it...Rosen hada  6-5 record and is probably as much a project (All College QBs entering NFL are projects) in the 1st year as Allen.  Each of them do their own individual things well, but as a whole package have several flaws...Without proper experience and coaching in the NFL they will be eaten alive.   

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Chan had a plan. Rex had a plan. Roman had a plan. Dennison had a plan... All these flops had plans. The problem was they didn't have a clue.

This isn't about some coach's stupid plan... It's about giving an offense everything it needs to win football games... That means strategy, and effective weapons.

Spare me your bullsh_t schemes, and cutesy playcalling... Put the ball in the end zone or you're fired. Point blank.

These kinds of posts are ridiculous.  Of course they have to perform, both coaches and players.  Give them an opportunity to do so before criticizing.

5 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

Daboll is a carpetbagger coach. He don't even unpack. Good bad or indifferent he won't be here after 2 seasons. 

so then...we have someone with patriot experience and probably as capable as mcdaniels and he's a carpetbagger.

i wonder if he's had a role on any playoff teams?^_^