Do we have the worst QB situation in the league?

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The homer in me is saying that McCarron is going to turn a lot of heads this year. But I’m basing that off of blind homerism. He’s thrown 14 passes in the last 2 years. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t named the starter for week one. Actually I’d be mad if he wasn’t. No need to rush the rookie right in

Not directed at you per se but I don't like this way of thinking.  Let things play out through OTAs and training camp.  If Allen is playing the best you play him.  If McCarron is playing the best you play him.  If Peterman is playing the best (shudder) then pack it in for the season.

Everyone assumes Allen will not be ready yet, but nobody knows.

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The Peterman hate is over the top too. In the SD game he had no blocking and he lost his top receiver early in the game. He’s a capable backup.

His NFL body of work to date suggests otherwise.  That's not to say he can't prove the doubters wrong, but as of now you have no evidence with which you may support that statement.

Edited by eball

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Has Luck thrown an adult sized leather football yet? Or is he in Michael Jackson's hyperbaric chamber at this point?

If the Colts had any worries they would have drafted a QB as opposed to trading down to select a guard. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

His NFL body of work to date suggests otherwise.  That's not to say he can't prove the doubters wrong, but as of now you have no evidence with witch you may support that statement.

Define “body of work”. One half of football?

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Define “body of work”. One half of football?

Worst. Debut.  Ever.  Do I really need to say more?  Just relax.  He'll get his chance in training camp.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. It's Chris Ballard and Frank Reich. 

Frank just walked in on that crapshow.  The whole saga of this guy's injury has been tragically handled.  He hadn't thrown hardly or maybe at all by the draft.  How do they know he's cured of whatever it was that ailed him?

Edited by Mr. WEO

24 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

We significant upgraded the QB position since last year. Allen is a stud and McCarron is better then Taylor.

I don’t get the hand wringing and gloom and doom.

Agree that the QB position now should be an upgrade over last year.  Taylor while a lovable character and a great athlete would have had the Bills moving on in the playoffs if he could have mustered any offense against the Jags.

Allen should have a bit more upside compared to Joe Webb, right?  Peterman as bad as he was in the first half of the SD game is better for having had that experience.   McCarron doesn't have to be great to be better than Taylor IMO. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No we dont. 

Cle, Chi, Indy (Luck throwing yet?), Jax, MIA, Hou (How will Watson respond to Knee), BAL

No, those are all superior to ours.

Cleveland - Tyrod Taylor has 3 years of starting experience and 8 years in the league. They also have Drew Stanton, been in the league since 2008 and has played in 5 times as many games as our roster combined.

Chicago - Trubisky showed promise, and got his rookie season out of the way. He has twice as many starts as our roster combined. 

Indy - Andrew Luck is returning, and either way he's had more success than anyone the Bills have had since Kelly. Just backing him up and training with him is valuable. They also have Jacoby Brissett who started games with the Patriots & played a year under Bill Belichick, coupled with playing all 16 games last season. Again, over twice as many starts as our unit combined. He posted 3,098 yards (more than Tyrod ever has), 13 TD's and 7 INT's for an 81.7 rating, which is admirable with the roster he had.

Jacksonville - Made it to the AFC Championship game last year & almost beat the Patriots. Bortles may not be ideal, but he has a TON more experience than our guys, playing all but 2 games for 4 straight seasons. Threw for 3,687 yards, 21 TD's and 13 INT's last year with an 84.7 rating. Better than what we've had. 

Miami - Tannehill is back, and has again, been better than anything we've had for 18+ years. Far more starts than our unit combined, along with Brock Osweiler, who's not very good but is better & than Peterman at least, and also has more starts than our unit combined.

Houston - Watson showed he's the real deal. Along with him, they have Brandon Weeden who's a quality veteran backup, something again we don't have. Still more starts than our unit combined.

Baltimore - Joe Flacco isn't great, but he's at least decent and won a Super Bowl. He has shown he can play well when he wants to, and has far more experience (getting old stating this) than everyone we have combined. As backups, they have RGIII, and Lamar Jackson. RGIII and Flacco can teach their rookie in Jackson far more than Peterman and McCarron can teach Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

Depends on how you look at the question.  This year we may have one of the worst but we have a rookie prospect.  I don't think it is but I'm basing that on the opportunity Allen gives us.    It's about what teams you wouldn't want to be now or who would I trade my situation for - for theirs..

Giants - No

Tampa - No

Colts - No

Arizona - No

Carolina - No

Browns - No

Detroit - No

Titans - No

Jax - No

Ravens - No (close)

Dolphins - No

Bengals - No