Do we have the worst QB situation in the league?

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s fine in theory but not practical. As a hypothetical, what if Allen shows up out of shape, doesn’t work hard and has a bad attitude. Should they never play him? Johnny Manziel was on drugs and they ran him out here. An NFL team has to get their 1st round pick on the field or they go on the hot seat. You can buy a year with a rookie QB but no one else. If the picks don’t work out you go on the hot seat. That’s just the reality. There are 3 potential results: they don’t play (hot seat), they aren’t good (hot seat), or they play well (job security). That’s the nature of the business. These guys are tasked with identifying guys, investing heavily and being right. The whole “earn it” thing makes people feel well but it isn’t realistic. 

C’mon man.  You’re talking about Cleveland.  

You follow the pecking order and fight to work your way up.  

The non Allen fans wouldn’t want it any other way.  

Me.  Let the best man win.  

It also depends on the HC an GM.  Some get it others don’t 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

C’mon man.  You’re talking about Cleveland.  

You follow the pecking order and fight to work your way up.  

The non Allen fans wouldn’t want it any other way.  

Me.  Let the best man win.  

It also depends on the JC an GM.  Some get it others don’t 

Does anyone really want anyone but Allen to be the guy? If so, @DC Tom has something to say. 

This isn’t a “let the best man win” scenario. It is a “we can play McCarron until Allen is ready” scenario. There is no other potential outcome. It may be week 1 of 2018, week 1 of 2019 or any time in between. The Bills didn’t trade into the top 7 for a “guy to battle McCarron.”  They traded up to hand the guy the keys, we all need to hope he can drive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If your asking Bills fans it goes as follows .

AJ Blows he will never be more than a back up QB in the NFL Peterman was going to be our guy but because the FO blew the draft on Allen our future is doomed !  :lol:

But i like who we have in the QB room !! I have always thought AJ would be a good NFL QB since his Bama days ! 

I believe AJ will prove he is worth his spot on the roster & will be a great leader if allowed to be the starter at first in order to give Allen some time to learn .

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Does anyone really want anyone but Allen to be the guy? If so, @DC Tom has something to say. 

This isn’t a “let the best man win” scenario. It is a “we can play McCarron until Allen is ready” scenario. There is no other potential outcome. It may be week 1 of 2018, week 1 of 2019 or any time in between. The Bills didn’t trade into the top 7 for a “guy to battle McCarron.”  They traded up to hand the guy the keys, we all need to hope he can drive.

Sure they did.   That’s obvious.  

The big big question is .... Will Allen be any good??

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That we don’t know. He has a high ceiling and a low floor. We all better hope he’s good or we will be looking again in 2020. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Agreed.

Depending on what the FO plan is  we may need to wait to 2021.  

I’d imagine it would be like the Broncos after Paxton Lynch. I hope that we never get to that point but he certainly doesn’t come without risk.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don't know if the parachute is gonna work until you jump outta the plane and pull the rip cord, right?

Honestly you never know if the guy can drive until you hand him the keys and let him try.

You just better hope you trained him properly before he hits the gas and let's it rip to redline, because Allen's arm isn't a little K car 4 banger, it's a 1200 HP quad twin turbo  z06 'vette, so if he's not ready, he's gonna crash that sum'b*tch into a brick wall doing 150mph.

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who knows, right?

At least he looks to be willing to put in the work to be good, and seems to have an attitude that he wants to win and genuinely enjoya the game.

His game footage gives me big favre memories, the exuberant, childlike emotion that comes pouring out when he makes a play.

It's not that "in your face, rub it in" attitude that I see from Baker, it's more of a "awesome! This is so much fun!" Like the first time a kid rides a bike with no training wheels, or opens a Xmas gift.

I'm really pulling for this kid, and I'm glad he's not on the Jets or fins, because he seems hard to hate, even he he is a bit of a dork.

(Darnold makes me want to punch him in the face)

• Like (+1) 1